Star Citizen - down to its last 1600 alpha slots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canterbury, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You had to back both SC and SotA at high enough levels to get the game. I think you need to have Founder status with SotA to get the SC polearm in SotA. I don't recall if you needed to back both SC and SotA before a certain date off hand.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think the crossbow is something like we have here in SotA in the ways of coming things that are not store ready yet, but I could be wrong.

I'm now a Test Rabbit for both SotA and SC, but my current lap top was left behind in tech back in E3... so I'm now shopping for a new computer that can handle both.
    I'm missing out on allot in both test games now until I get one.

I've got the money for it (around $1500.00), but the problem is that I'm an idiot o_O unless it comes to questions about useless knowledge, which I shamelessly pander into reality :D

So... whenever I go shopping it's like talking to R2D2 in some form of language I know is in English, yet have no idea what they're talking about :(
    Example)--> You need this U49 Rely4 coupled with the SUX 6000 with a Strait400 UP150...
    So I look back at this sales bloke and I say it all back to him;
    "So what your saying is, I need a U-Realy-SUX-Strait-Up computer aye?" o_O
    and the guy says;
    "Yep, That's the ticket!":D then smiles and hands me a bill for it all :confused:

LostNtechLand...
    ~Time Lord~:(

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Do you plan on keeping your case and power supply and upgrading your existing PC, or you want to purchase a fully built pre-built PC?

Either way, post a thread with your budget and what you're looking for and I'll be glad you help you pick out parts or a whole system.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

The crossbow hasn't been added to accounts yet that rate it.

You can read up about it here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13571-Shroud-Of-The-Avatar-Crossbow-Update

Main thing to take away from it is:

Time Lord and Sir Mike Dragon like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

I backed both SC and ED during their Kickstarter campaigns. I saw them as very different games and can both co-exist. I do like however that ED started with procedural generation so it's going to be interesting to see how SC does it a couple years from now. And I am very much enjoying the ED Alpha, especially with the Rift :) Can't wait for the SC DFM.

And Time Lord gets bonus points for the Darkstar reference. Now you got me humming the lyrics...
    Benson, Arizona, blew warm wind through your hair
    My body flies the galaxy, my heart longs to be there
    Benson, Arizona, the same stars in the sky
    But they seemed so much kinder when we watched them, you and I

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I love the Yin & Yang between the 2 worlds of SotA and SC. (and I also love that same song smack ;))

I look at SC as a "getaway for a day" thing from our SotA. Where I can invite some of my friends on a highly calculated very dangerous mission and link it to our great SotA Fan Fiction that has been growing organically here on our site. Altered Galaxies of Altered Timelines are what both games are all about. I won't be playing it everyday, just as Richard Garriott wouldn't want to have lived on a space station all his life... but it was a nice place to visit :)

I love to gamble, but not with $. That's why I'm thinking that unless it's somewhere where none that fear will travel and causes those of the brave to shutter, I'm truly not interested o_O *yawn*

I'm surely looking forward to the release of the Lord Benefactor's Home and even more for the Baron Benefactor's Home...
    So if by chance the Baron's home dose not blow me away... feel free to visit my following Fleet Pledge and join in on planning our next big daring day mission there.

*crosses his fingers for the Baron Benefactor's Home*
    ~Time Lord~

Father Guido Sarducci, Jambo and Numa like this.
  7. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I had backed SC and ED through KS. More SC then ED. Couldn't help it at the time, had to get the Corvette (now turned Frigate!) and the Vanduul. Will be a nice place to go a just hang out, or do dangerous missions, or explore the market side of the game. The premise of SC caught my attention more than ED. And it didn't help that the launch window for ED wasn't the best picked one (IMO). Still have both, and will play both... Eventually.

And to those that might think I'm kidding about me getting those 2 ships, I'm not.
    [​IMG]

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I was going to back Star Citizen. Then I realized it would just take away from time I could invest in SotA. I'am hoping the time saved by not playing Star Citizen will help me in my SotA progression and will also help me in my acquisition of phat lootz.

9. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

That was the bummer about the campaigns. When SC first came up I was ecstatic about playing it. I couldn't wait, because there wasn't anything else multiplayer enough at the time I wanted to play. And then came SotA... SotA is more of what I was looking forward to. Now my gears have switched, and I won't be playing SC as much as I would have. SotA will take that time.

If I could go back in time I would have just bought a basic pack and dumped all my money here, because this is now where I will be for a long long time (hopefully).

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

11. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

12. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Maybe no problem finding one. Pointless if I am not playing much though. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Nothing stopping you selling those packages; even with the LTI alone they would be popular, but an Idris and a Scythe will fly like **** off a shovel if you put them up for sale, then re-invest here.

Sir Bradley White and Time Lord like this.
  14. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I would sell it, if I knew the best way to do it. Don't believe ebay will let me as it is an in-game item technically. I use PayPal, but I don't want to receive funds, gift the item, and then have someone pull a 'I never got it and got ripped off' scheme to get their money back and their item. Of course, I don't even know how possible that is through PayPal, as I have never had it happen, but the risk to me is there.

Oh well, this is getting off-topic from the discussion. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I think the most active trading might be on Reddit. I don't trade, however, so I have no firsthand knowledge. Re: someone pulling, 'I never got it...' you have to gift it to someone's specific email address (tied to their SC account). Until they accept it, you remain in control of it. Once they accept it, it's logged in the SC database that it's changed hands, so if they claimed they never got it, you'd just go straight to the SC customer service people; they'd sort it out quickly.

I think if you're genuinely interested in investing more here, than there, it's well worth looking into. You'll also make a tidy profit, too. SC has no rules about only selling for the paid-for price.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK, that IDRIS was once nothing more than 1 small picture on a computer when you first got it and went for maybe just under 2k$ when they first came out.
    Then that same IDRIS became a few more concept design drawings and sold for now 5K$
    Recently, that same IDRIS became larger and holds more fighters... K$? in potential
    Soon they will start building it just as slowly as they are doing with every ship...
    That same IDRIS you bought so long ago come time to launch, may be selling "new" for $10K off the SC site.

We're going to see some of the same things here in SotA in the dynamics of online property.
    That IDRIS may turn out to be your next years tuition at college.... or better ;)

So what if it sits in a hangar and rarely comes outside...
    It's a brave new world :D
    ~Time Lord~$:eek:$

17. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Quoting my original reply to this post because turns out.....

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/403-arena-commander-pass

Unlimited slots? pretty much.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I've got my Aurora LX & 315P, the 315P was a 325A at one point but then decided I like exploration more than fighting, but now I'm starting to think that Aurora would be fine for exploration so I may turn it back. Or else I'll put a few more guns on the 315P (P) stands for a commercially created pirate ship :p

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I've bought 3 accounts with the aurora mr+ package. During this summer i plan to upgrade one of them to freelancer+ (exploration) and another one to hornet fc7+ (dogfight).

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What I've been told is that it will be automagic if the email address you use for the two titles is the same in each.

Sir Mike Dragon and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.