Star Citizen - down to its last 1600 alpha slots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canterbury, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Yeah, they have some great modding ideas they want to implement into the game. Things like how you want power to be relayed to things like shields for more protection and less fire power, or weapons for greater fire power and less shielding. All sorts of things in how you setup your ship. Want to reduce emissions and be more stealthy? Mod your ship to be like that. It is a pretty interesting design they want to go for.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Oh heck yes, it's going to make those MMO sites where people post their "ultimate builds" of characters just pale in comparison, with all the variations you will be able to create using different hulls as your base.

Time Lord and Sir Bradley White like this.
  3. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Yeah, I would like to see the 'ultimate builds' for SC ships. I think was mentioned is that there will be no 'ultimate' builds considering all the modding of the ship that is available. And even the supposed top items for things like weapons would be hard to get, and if it gets destroyed... Well, have fun replacing it. :D

So even though I won't be playing SC much, just to jump on occasionally and play around with the ships will be interesting to say the least.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I personally have the feeling that once each episode is done in SotA, unless I feel like a bit of crafting or multiplayer with guild members, there will be plenty of downtime to be ripping into other games, like SC.

Hazard and Time Lord like this.
  5. Numa

Numa Avatar

uMy thoughts exactly, it's a nice change of pace to be able to shift from one game to the other. Magic or psi is completely non-existent in the SC universe so that's one thing I'm depending on SOTA on to get my fix.

The nearest thing to it in SC is the ability to hack the ship's CPU which brings the aspect of information warfare into the picture along with the regular electronics countermeasures. There is one ship, the Drake Herald, whose primary function is to bring encrypted precious data from point to point within it's armored and hardened computer core. No FTL communications alas or telepathy for that matter.

Time Lord and Canterbury like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.