Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My positive thoughts about R5

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Eriador, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I know that was not perfect, but this release was my favorite since R1. My final words are postive and Im going to share something about my less and most favorite points of the R5.

- Bugs: Yes the game is still full of bugs and performance issues.
    - More bugs: Yes, they were a lot. But for that bugs we are here also.
    - Overland map: I know, now is a little bit improved. But still... not good.

+ Coconuts!: I love easter eggs in games and this one is awesome. I wish more. Some ideas: The white armor of the R1, the poltergeist doors of this release, the tesla party...
    + Mimics: They added more content, but the mimics were the most loved/hated by me and some friends. And I like that they recovered a classical monster now in disuse. And he looks great!
    + Something to do with your friends, skills and magic: I know that they were very bugged, but was by far better that the R4 adventures. And renember, we are not here to play, we are here to test.
    + "Permanent housing": I know, for some people was really hard to find a free lot. But in the game could that hard to find one, like in UO old time... And ey, some people made a great deco!
    + Finally, new lights won me in the first second: I just loged-in and I was glad. I know that they need to work with the textures and the darkness is very dark, but was a very nice improvement.

And thats all, I think that you can understand my point of view of the R5 with this, shared or not. See you soon!

Ok, I'm going to share a final masterpiece that I did about the negavite points. :p

[​IMG]

Margard, Koldar, Time Lord and 5 others like this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Funny thing is I have seen some forrests/jungle that basically made a wall unless you hada machette.

Nice to see some positives:)

Eriador likes this.
  3. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Well the exiting its annoying its like 20 percent of the travel time is headed down the road to fade to black ..... Hope that can be stitched together later .

4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Give me a machette then! :D (That why I found funny to use a real photo with a wall of trees)

I can live this that, but Im sure that they can do it better. And yes, for me this R5 was cool. I think a lot of people regrets are not realistic thinking that this is just a pre-release. R5 was not perfect, but far away to be the worst one.

Margard, Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

My feelings are something like this... elation at the improvement, the beginnings of feelings of immersion, the inevitable let down, and then the storm of ideas of how this *SHOULD* work.

Combat was promising. Obviously it's not good enough right now, the main things are all the enemy types have the same *grunt* and when they hit you they make a sound like a dry board hitting wood, which is odd.

Also you know sometimes you didn't get the feeling that you were actually connecting, you need to auto target enemies, it says "R" is the combat key when it brings up the recipe book, and other such things.

But, I loved the card system. I think if the cards are improved, we can have successful multiplayer combat.

Also I liked the enemies that weren't generic. I don't mind generic enemies, like skeletons, mimics (even), and elves (snooze) but, ultima always while using the D&D monster Palette, had some interesting takes.

Slimes that multiply and are difficult ? Check. Gremlins that take your food ? Check. We should get these.

However, i do love Cave Wrasses. I have a large number of Wrasse Eggs. Can I cook with these ? LOL

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't understand why they don't just make all the whole edge kick you out to the map?

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

They absolutely should. Invisible walls are the biggest immersion killer right now. The animals can go through the walls, so it's not the absolute edge of the map.

Just make us warp directly to the next hex, or the overland map to pick a travel destination. That and improved hex design should be the next focus.

Beaches! I really want to put a house on a land-beach lot.

Swamps shouldn't be mountainous areas ! LOL

Also if R5 is any indication of the pressure to find a lot, then we are in trouble with housing. I played from thursday to saturday and didn't find a single lot available.
    It affected other things that I wanted to try with the game. I spend all my time trying to find lots and it reminded me negatively of the real world.

It was walls of knight's houses everywhere and clicking on for sale slabs and finding either a person who imaginatively named their character name or people who seemed to have serious trouble with doing even that.

8. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

About the housing situation can anyone claim an empty plot or just someone with a high enough pledge? Because if anyone can claim a plot right now then that is likely making the housing plot situation seem worse then it is actually going to be.

Eriador and tradyblix like this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm beginning to think it would be helpful if they "seeded us" with the items we own as part of our pledge level.

Eriador and Kaisa like this.
  10. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I loved this release! The graphics and lighting are improved. The character body seems to be improved. The overland map is improved, but I still don't like it, want the original back. The combat was very fun, but buggy-Couldn't cast until they were already attacking me.

Housing was awesome (except a bit hard to relocate your lot-recall anybody?) I felt like I owned a house and lot!

The armor and weapons is beautiful! I noticed some improvement on the cloaks, but still getting stuck behind my character's back.

Awesome job guys! This game is turning more and more epic every release!

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

One thing tho - you want to encourage crafting, but all we can make is a crappy shield for a lot of effort,

and everyone just loots the chests which contain far batter items in SPO and brings them to multiplayer.

If you really want to encourage player made items, then don't make it such a waste of time.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I'm sure we have only a sampling of what is craftable.

13. Last_Crusader

Last_Crusader Avatar

Definitely feels like this release is more like a game and less like a sandbox! Very promising indeed.

Some of my positives.
    I enjoyed all the questing and the JOURNAL .. loved the journal!

Crafting is much better with the starter recipes and the double-clicking to add all ingredients to the table. Definitely not as tedious.

Time Lord, Kaisa and Eriador like this.
  14. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I actually like it very dark. I mean, it's supposed to be darkness. In any modern game darkess is pointless - i.e. increase gamma and it's day again.
    But I am afraid they will "fix" the darkness and torches will become junk. :(

Time Lord and Eriador like this.
  15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes I also like dark, Minecraft style. But, for example, my house was also very dark at night, even with a ton of torches.

Time Lord, Fox Cunning and tradyblix like this.
  16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I forget about that while I was crafting! U.U

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Torches are junk now. At least double the radius the torch makes. It's just too small atm.

To be clear, I do like that the game is dark. But it still has to be playable at night, and torches and lanterns *must* play that role.

Especially since a torch takes a shield slot.

18. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I would like to see some more forward projection in the Torches.

19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I also had some problems since I could not put too many ligths sources in the house. I dont know why they started to be "red" in all the spaces.

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
  20. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I will leave the first praise that comes to my mind - the mist/clouds when adventuring at night. Absolutely beautiful.

I would like to fully outline all of the positives I experienced but I don't have the free time ATM. I will follow up with a full praise report later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.