Knights house vs 3 story house

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron Asguard, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

The whole point of the Knight's pledge was that you got the biggest house for the village lot and that the next upgrade was to the Lord's pledge on a Town size lot and now you go and add a 3 story Village house that will overshadow the lighthouses and keeps of the knights

How does this fit with "Unique, upscale Founder\Benefactor Knight's home!" or the "Be the envy of your neighbours with a Unique, upscale Founder\Benefactor Knight's home!"

2. Maka

Maka Avatar

I think they place much more value on the rent free lot than the house. :)

3. High Baron Asguard

So what? You could get that house and a citizen pledge for $550.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Maka

Maka Avatar

You would have to buy the new house if you wanted that instead of your fantastic knights keep. :) But in the long run there is a lot to be said for never having to pay rent. Boy would I like to find a house where I never had to pay a mortgage! I guess all I'm saying is I don't think they really promised our houses would be the biggest ever on the lots. Just that we would have a fantastic unique house included with our pledge the likes of which they won't sell in the store combined with never paying rent.

Ravenclaw and Time Lord like this.
  5. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

The Knights House is alot bigger.

Just look at how much lot space is left on the knights house compared to the screenshot of the 3 story house.

The Knights House fills out almost the hole lot, but the 3 story leaves alot of space outside.

This leads to the logic conclusion: Knights House larger.

Mishri and Time Lord like this.
  6. High Baron Asguard

You missunderstand. The house doesn't pay rent, the LOT pays rent. Ie the rent free component is in the Citizen Pledge ($500), NOT the KNIGHT pledge ($750). The house is owned, no matter how you obtain it.

The biggest drawer to upgrade from Citizen to Knight was supposed to be the house.

This is how they sold it: "Be the envy of the neighborhood with your upscale Early Founder Knight's home!"

How is it "Upscale" if its 2 stories for $250 and they are selling other houses that are bigger for $45

7. High Baron Asguard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it is bigger, its not by much

Dean Valentine and Time Lord like this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Stone is more expensive to build than plaster and wood. That is how the knights home is more "upscale".

9. High Baron Asguard

I am pretty sure texture coding takes the same time no matter what its texturing

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

every time they release a new set of houses this will be an issue. Personally i like the new shingle brick and wood house the best from all the houses, if they release a complete line i will most likely find the town one better than all the existing houses....

it is taste you cant discuss about taste and perception

Time Lord likes this.
  11. High Baron Asguard

Not talking about the style, I agree with you that some people will like this style and some that and that's just a fact of life. That's not my complaint, this it purely about SIZE. The knights house should be equal or greater in square footage to every other village level house. Its was supposed to be just under a Lords pledge on a village lot and now they have gone and upstaged it for what?

Dean Valentine and Time Lord like this.
  12. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

i dont know if that was promised in the first place? limiting buildings to be smaller than the special pledge houses is a very slippery slope...

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Can the Knight's Home see over top of the 3 Story Citizen's Home?
    I have to agree with the original thread poster on this issue, because in any neighborhood "Height is King" o_O and a knight has a palisade because he's over watching and defending his/her surroundings o_O

I do believe that in our art department there is some sort of disconnect as houses are added to the store, yet there are still pledge houses still left with no design ready for any public display o_O

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but as of now any imagined reasoning within Portalarium's method remains a mystery to most here o_O

I didn't see a "coming soon sign" on any of those new houses for sale in the store before they were completed....
    :rolleyes: which we can only hope means that the Benefactor Lord's and Baron's home is something special worth waiting for :)

:oops:
    Maybe Portalarium is having a hard time seeing their creation's display from an outside view of it's marketing offers...
    It's a Mystery to me but I'm being patient :confused: with them :p
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/b...03/austins-top-selling-realtors-unveiled.html
    :rolleyes:
    Here's a news article of great realtors there in Austin Texas. I don't think that it would be a bad idea to give one of them a call and have estimates done on the value of all the home designs (disregarding texture).

I do understand that Portalarium is not a real estate company and therefore is having real problems requiring their own marketing team to estimate any of their online properties true value.

A simple estimate on any home costs are very minimal. Then all that is needed is to take those ratios of the housing's value and transfer that ratio into the values of our homes to the company's desires.

They, nor we, can expect or have any remorse from Portalarium's best efforts in this regard, because they are highly skilled computer programmers that are not trained an knowledgeable real estate people.

They're just trying to make us the most revolutionary, finest and best game value that has ever been seen before on any market...
    So I do and we all should cut them some slack for attempting this on such a "very small budget"!
    Which I have no doubt that they will accomplish!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Nothing about coding textures is upscale. We are not talking about programmers in the OP posting. They were wanting a reason that made the knights houses upscale.

Upscale on houses is adding stone, brick, etc. that is my point. The knights houses look upscale because of the raw materials that went into them.

up·scale [adj. uhp-skeyl; v. uhp-skeyl; n. uhp-skeyl]
    adjective
    located at, moving toward, or of or for the upper end of a social or economic scale: The boutique caters to upscale young career people.
    luxurious, costly, or elegant.
    verb (used with object), up·scaled, up·scal·ing.
    to improve the quality, value, or rating of: a five-year plan to upscale the neighborhood.
    noun
    ( used with a plural verb ) elegant, elite, privileged persons collectively (usually preceded by the ): shops that only the upscale can afford to patronize.

16. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Let's not forget that knights will get to choose there lots (location) before people who buy standard housing. Plus there are other benefits to bring Knight besides just the house.

However, one option would be to allow someone at knights level to pick any village property as their initial house with knights home being exclusive to players who have contributed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Celestial Knight and Time Lord like this.
  17. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Speaking as a Knight, I do not have an issue with the new house. I am safe from the big bad wolf. :)

18. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

The first few add-on store homes made me go 'meh', but the newer ones are really impressing me. If one doesn't care about the other features of the Knights pledge (or the fact that pledging is, you know, to support the game), Citizen + $45 add-on house makes a lot of sense. Now the (founder) knights do get a servant, crafting table, and a few other digital trinkets, but it's also (now) $205 more than a Citizen + add-on house.

I do like the knights home, hence why I made a lego version of it, but my biggest complaint about it has always been how it looks with 4-5 in a row. It reminds me of McMansion land :)

Time Lord likes this.
  19. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

Speaking of which, I really hope they have multiple frontage settings. That's an effective way housing developments avoid over-repetition.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I like my knight's house better than most of the houses. I do agree with @Timelord that it should be the tallest of the village homes. I don't care about it enough to march on Austin or whatever but it would be really cool if they did that. The keep is still the best house you're gonna get in my opinion. There are prettier houses but none that I think are better for the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.