Want your poetry or Fan fiction read as a podcast?

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Lord Baldrith - fantastic job you did with Time Lord's romantic love poem "The Reflection of True Love" :D

Now everyone will know Time Lord's secret to winning over the ladies :p

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

As a spectator, I can say that it's truly wonderful how so much heart goes into this type of expression or art. Fore, it's not the labor of the writer that seems such a challenge, as much as the display of it, in an online styled art gallery. It's like seeing something that has never been seen before, as I'm sure each of man's breakthroughs in expression and display has been. Breakthroughs are not easy, unless your just sailing a ship that happens to hit something. Yet this new venue to art, is the cutting edge of mans modern display. Here the production manager reaches into the abyss where there was nothing before, and extracts from his broadcast painter's palette things of one art, and paints it to the more broad canvas that he himself has created, for other to enjoy.

As a spectator, I have been wondering how to express in gratitude, as I have found myself these last few weeks, as awe struck as I'm sure anyone that sees a UFO might be. I have just never seen anything like this put together. Here in this PM I've been privileged to be an observer, watching the stage manager, the actors, the writers, the stage props all go up and around all in their very busy individual ways.
    My mother was a singer and an actress when I was young (and she still is), and I couldn't help but to remember this same feeling as I've watched you all here... the feeling I had as a small child when I'd be sitting all alone in the theater, watching all of these strange artists all doing their individual things, all in an effort to put on something that others would come to marvel at with their applause.

Anyway, I'm still very awe struck by it all with not much to say about it, because I'm too busy being awe struck by it all and enjoying every minute of it.
    I guess that's why most of mankind has just shortened any long comment to;
    "Brovo!"
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

3. stile

stile Avatar

Oh that reminds me! To all community:

Several more podcasts have been published. Both poetry and fan fiction (and of course lord baldrith is still doing weekly news recaps for me, long Live Lord Baldrith!).

I did not post direct links here! Please subscribe to either www.thecaverns.net to get notifications.. Or if you dont want ALL my stuff go there and choose podcasts on the menu to subscribe to the podcast subsite, and you'll get news on podcasts only (yep.. My motto. Get it the way YOU want it).

Or grab the feed link from that subsite for your podcast program... Ooorrrrr Echoes From the Caverns on Itunes (tested by me and works just swell!.. Yeah, i said swell....)

Not to say i may not sometimes drop a link for new episodes here, but not always.. Hes spitting these out fast!!!

Note: if you see Lord Baldrith post a podcast but dont see it on itunes or your feed.. Don't panic!!! To keep things simple for LB he justs does a quick post with attachment. Im auto notified and then i go in and perform secondary steps to publish it as a "true" podcast, put it into its own archive page based on type, and syndicate it to the caverns (this way i feel like im contributing to some of the work at least!). So sometimes a delay occurs btwn the two.

If your listening to these dont hesitate to say so!! Im going to run some analytical reports soon to try to get a user guesstimate but would love to know how many people like this stuff!!

Have stuff you want read? Send it to me in an email at stile@thecaverns.net

Some really cool pieces are in the works now and youll love them!!!!

I have inspiration on a new Islug comedy piece I plan on writing soon :)

4. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

thanks all for encouragement so I will keep going on story.

5. stile

stile Avatar

Wow, Awesome Timelord!!!

Lord Baldrith - we have to do a podcast using this!

6. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Wow, I didn't see this until too late! I will read it in next weeks pod cast! Great writing Time Lord!

7. stile

stile Avatar

I have a copy of it in my inbox somewhere i was going to forward to you when i got to it.. *grins*, ill just skip it now, since you caught it here.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I actually wrote that, thinking I was writing it as a Privet Message .... when I realized that I had placed it here on you thread, I thought to myself hmm... "it's just as well here as it would be there, so I'll just leave it":p you all seem so very busy in the PM with it all happening around me.

I hadn't had to sit and watch my mother's stage performance since I was a very little boy, for lack of a baby sitter o_O She was the lead singe actress of many different off Broadway plays back then which all are now so old many here may have never seen or heard of them. One of which was called "The Rainmaker" which went through so many transformations and eventually became one of Hollywood's Movies starring Burt Lancaster and Katharine Hepburn.... Yet I had the privilege to have seen in it's original stage production which ran for some years after the Movie had been made. I was only 2-4 years old at the time. The stage manager, actors and choreographers would all stop by me between their breaks and ask their only audience member "Time Lord-mini-me:p" how I was enjoying the performance and what I thought about it thus far. I can't say that I enjoyed it all that much as I had to sit quietly alone there by myself through so many rehearsals :( but when I got to see those plays with the audience all there, I was truly fascinated seeing everyone so dressed up and all applauding at my mom :) on stage. I had to do the same for many of her plays until I was around 8 or 9 years old.
    I eventually went on to become a small time child cowboy actor through my teens, but the production of such westerns was nothing much more than riding a horse every now and them, waving around a gun or 2 and maybe a small part in a shootout. But it was all quite natural to me having grown up in the theater watching my mom:)
    Those were the end of my acting days as I began my adult life entering the US Army Infantry at age 18....

So, those were very dusty and dusty eyed memories I had while watching you all, reading all your posts through the Production PM :D
    And I must say, you all played your parts there"very well"! ;)
    *A Very Grateful Standing Applause*
    ~a nostalgic ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

One of the best threads here, lots of great and hard work put into this by everyone! :) I hope to contribute soon!

10. stile

stile Avatar

Thats fantastic!

Lord Baldrith was telling me he is going to need more stuff soon.. Saves me from hunting it down *winks*

11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yes, by all means, the more writers, the better :D

12. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I would use the term 'writers' pretty loosely when speaking of myself lol, but it is fun to do :)

13. Gabriel Nightshadow

Indeed it is, Avatar Acid! I like to think of it as a nice creative outlet :D

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I also use Audacity and i would like to add/do some readings or perhaps play characters in the stories on the podcasts (Ive been told i have a radio voice:))

15. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Wow! That would be awesome blaquerogue! More male variety is always of value!

You hear this Sir Teckel :D

16. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Actually I was kind of wondering something. If anyone here has covered this let me know, but what is the current view of Portalarium about the community writing fan fic? Any problems with us writing about people, places, things from the SotA universe(not for profit of course)?

17. stile

stile Avatar

I do!

Ill start a PM with you both soon to discuss details and coordination. Hopefully tonight but if not soon.

Thoughts tho:

I can start splitting permissions i obtain between you both randomly. Each of you doing individual pieces.

Or blaquerogue could obtain permissions directly from the community for stuff he likes and then publish on (or send to me to publish).

Or you could split categories. One doing poetry and one doing fan fiction.

If instead of doing separate work you want to do pieces jointly for more voices.. Thats a good option also. Wed designate one of you editor.. You two could determine which role each of you are taking for each piece.. And then whichever you is doing the editing can merge the pieces.

If one of you want to start a convo to start discussing that would be great? Im on my phone and its a pain to create.

otherwise ill get one going soon!!

18. stile

stile Avatar

A good question. When i write i always create my own characters to avoid concerns.

Definitely something authors may want to check into to ensure they don't do anything they shouldn't in their work :)

19. stile

stile Avatar

20. stile

stile Avatar

blaquerogue fyi, it wont let me start a conversation with yo. i get an error. unsure why.

Lord Trenyc and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.