Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat is impossible for me

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by docdoom77, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Any hints or tricks that don't involve a bunch of crafting? I hate crafting.

I can't kill anything... well anything worth a damn. Kobolds heal as fast as I can damage them. If there is more than one cave wrasse at a time, I'm toast. As soon as I stand up, they kill me again.

I know people are managing, so what the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

prospereau likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I tried to fight the Kobolds with my default gear and it wasn't happening... I will use the aid of http://sotacrafter.com/ and craft my self some plate armor and get my revenge... mwahahahaha

Lord Trenyc and Olahorand like this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm having the same problems and I crafted me a set of plate armor & 2 hand ax (axes are bludgan) ,set some points to the type armor you have, and your weapon type too. For Magic I have some healing, fireball, lightning, everything else seems in-effective, dbl strike works. If you dbl tap ADS keys you do defensive roll moves. Once in combat you can press the # keys for magic, but the # keys don't work for tools.

The wrasse are pretty easy 1 on 1, but the Kobolds are murder, they have extremely long distance agro, so it's pretty tuff to get only 1 at a time, I've taken 2 out but it was a long battle. They spawn back too fast IMO, so I just run past them following the tracks, but don't go too far you'll run into the big Guy (mage) and his 2 guards. That's as far as I've been before /home...

I've only found about 5 spots to mine, and some of those didn't work, I'm wondering why they call it a Gem mine, I haven't seen any... Only silver/iron nothing else...

Good Luck...

4. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

As long as it's not just me. I was feeling more incompetent than usual. :p

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I've found a combo that seems to work (most of the time, anyway;)) feel free to try it out.
    In my hotbar, I have thrust, double thrust, whirling blades, stone fist, heal (centre icon) flame fist, ice fist, fireball, lightning, death ray.

When an opponent is still some distance away I hit it with fireball and lightning. That softens it up a bit; it runs up to me and closes the range. Then I can use the up-close techniques - stone fist, flame fist, ice fist. Death ray isn't bad, not very powerful. And the sword moves are useful once the target has been "softened up" by magic.

So far I can deal with elves (one at a time) easy, kobolds similarly. Red sash bandits were really easy; haven't tried much else yet.

Of course plate armour really helps;)

docdoom77 likes this.
  6. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Well my combat advice is to fill up your whole combat skill-bar with skills. Dont put 5 points in 4 skills.

Also that prison under Owl´s Head is great place to get your plate armor.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

That's Kingsport

prospereau and docdoom77 like this.
  8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I think that the faster way is to start with humans (in Owl's Head), they are pretty easy. After you can just buy a plate and kill everything.

9. Wolfshead

Wolfshead Avatar

Kobolds are ridiculously overpowered. They have ultra long agro range and attack in pairs often. I found it pointless trying to hunt in their dungeon.

docdoom77 likes this.
  10. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

While Kobolds still can be managed solo, I had a bad time with this single Satyr warrior.
    At least you can run them all out.

Kraxtor likes this.
  11. Athelstan

Athelstan Avatar

Just go exploring "the clink" in Owlshead. That stupid warden leaves epic plate laying around all sorts of places in that jail.

12. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Hell, there's plate just lying around in the Red Sash hideout.

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

They definitely messed it up in favor of making it way too hard in this release. Too easy before, Too hard now.

Also there are some unbeatable skeletons for me in the Kingsport sewers this time around. How many level 5 fireballs should kill them ? No Health Bars ?

Maybe it's just the Mac version.

*edit* Actually I think either there some targeting bug or I just didn't understand how to fight.

And I realized you should probably at least pair up before tackling some of these dungeons.

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Personally , "remixed" is more the term I would use. Could be the combat balance makes more sense when applied to the full combat system, which I suspect they continue to disable for public releases, but are running internally.

They definitely need to consider scaling though. My two-player team can best just about anything head-on *except* for the Liches, though that could simply be my unskilled process seeping through.

Not sure how one is meant to take out a Liche in Single-Player though. Hopefully the NPC companion system will aid in that aspect. :)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  15. Beli

Beli Avatar

I am not having any problems with combat, I can take on two Kobolds at once or two skeletons , but throw three on me then its time to run. I am wearing epic plate and a shield and using the Jeweled sword. 28 points in blades and 12 in magic split between healing and fire.

16. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

It's early days, but I'd like to be able to do well without epic plate and jeweled swords. I'd like to stand a decent chance in light armor with some basic weapons. No big deal though. I can wait. I'm sure it'll be a long process getting combat to work right.

prospereau, Svahn and Lord Beli like this.
  17. Beli

Beli Avatar

Me too docdoom77, I am not really a melee kind of person I perfer magic. we will have to see what the balance is between the heavy armored guy to a leather or cloth mage type.

docdoom77 likes this.
  18. redfish

redfish Avatar

The way I've been defeating skeletons in the lich's dungeon is by a combination of attack and repositioning, so to get an advantage in terms of by hits. I hit them with a fireball and whirling blades, then I move away from them quickly so they have to catch up with me. Meanwhile, my cooldown expires, and I hit them with the fireball and whirling blades again, and then move away again. Eventually, I drain my mana, and I use the extra time that I'm dodging them just to regain my mana.

The only thing that's annoying is that if you get too far away from the skeleton's starting position, they'll flee back to it, and won't stop even if you hit them on their way there. Your blows will also do no damage if they're in the process of fleeing. I filed a bug about this part.

Kobolds were easier for me to beat. I just needed to keep on the right combination of moves.

Lord Beli likes this.
  19. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I tried this tactic too, but I wasn't very good at it. It is very easy to get beyond their radius, then they start healing 4 health every .5 seconds. I can beat them about 50% of the time if it's one on one.

prospereau likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

A second thing that can be annoying is that heal spells can temporarily blind you.

docdoom77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.