Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Super Poor Performances on GTX880M

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Lordy, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Till yesterday it was ok on my notebook with SLI 2X 580M ...today running the game on new system equipped with a GTX880m and it's actually running really poor....i have to use it on fastest performaces to have it running at least decent...

I'm pretty sure it's due to lack of optimization, just writing this to let you guys in Portalarium know about this...

Keep it up

2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

My performance is bad especially in the overworld. There is almost dead.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

What's really poor for an 880m ? 45fps ? hehehe

Chris said R8 should see some performance improvements from some new server side code, which will cut load times.

The game doesn't have any performance tuning, so there's really no reason to expect it to run as a production game would at this stage.

I can run it on my much slower 750m so, I'm just happy I can run it natively on my OS :)

4. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

14-15fps max...

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

For comparison I'm averaging around 40fps and down into the high 20's and low 30's in places like Owl's head.

Just run on fastest and turn on AO and AA and shadows. There is really hardly any difference between all the modes right now for me anyway. There is some bug where I have to run on fastest or I can't load scenes, so you're not missing much

6. smack

smack Avatar

Yikes. The 880m should easily be able to handle SotA.............once it's optimized :)

There's probably some nasty locking threads that is capping performance like that. Time to analyze that performance profiling data, Chris! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.