Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graphical feedback

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

I dunno some of those bloomed out HDR shots look totally unrealistic.

I'm sure you have good intentions but it's not early days anymore. The game is now in a different phase of development (see Rustic Dragons's video) and it's going to be released early next year no matter what. We on the forums can't make the game; they've already listened to a ton of feedback from us, but ultimately (no pun) we have to live with what we get.

Hazard and Kleshar like this.
  2. Kleshar

Kleshar Avatar

THank you for listening, Lord :)

I don't want to take the direction of the game, of course: I just want to throw in some good suggestions in the feedback forum for the devs. I'm sure they read this part of the forum almost everyday.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yes, I understand, and suggesting that they change color palette is totally valid.

What I tend to take exception to is when you take shots from a 80 to 100 million dollar multiplatform game from one of the largest corporate game publishers in existence and then compare it to our indie, crowdsourced game and say "look, we should be like this."

It's just not realistic.

jiirc and Montaigne like this.
  4. Kleshar

Kleshar Avatar

FF XIV was just an example to compare the colour palette of sota's actual game world vs another fantasy mmo/rpg, i've not posted that to show the difference of the two graphic engines in terms of " power ".
    I could even post colour palettes from other fantasy indie games, the fact would not have changed.

5. twobells

twobells Avatar

I
    I would definitely go for more stylized graphics rather than realistic, something along the lines of:

[​IMG]

rather than:

[​IMG]

That cuts back on processing power and allows for a larger, more detailed world.
    Akro's LOTRO image is a perfect example of style over realism which worked incredibly well.
    My belief is that rpg gamers don't necessarily want or need cutting-edge realism, instead look for detailed style; something that LOOKS great without being 'real', more in keeping with the fantasy world the devs are trying to create.

Here is what the Giant Bomb subscribers thought:

[​IMG]

article and poll

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. stile

stile Avatar

I like the graphics overall. Although cloaks need more work. Especially since we look at our backs more then any other item in game :)

Joviex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.