Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Sounds really exciting and cant wait to see it happen.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
  2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I think there is a mecanic planned to mass events to "lock" certain players (Lord british, for example) so they could be seen en every instance of a determined zone.

If that mechanic could be applied to arenas, we can get very massive PvP events in the future.

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

MY theme song when competing!

Time Lord likes this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Okay so I've had to revamp some things with "Gladiator Wars"- It seems every guild wants to have competitions, and battles. So to change things up a bit from the original layout, here's what i have come up with.

Guild Masters/city and village etc.. Owners, i call on you to message me in the forums and let me know what guild you are, and what city you are from , and then ill have a conversation with all of you. Please title the message GW. & your game name.

Individuals/ non-guild members that apply for the "Gladiator Wars" contact me through forums too, for the fighters not being supported by a guild/ no sponsors this is what ill need from you.

Your Name in game,
    Your city you call home if any,
    A background on your character,
    Your preferred weapons/combat (ex: fighter uses mace and shield, healing magic,chaos magic etc...) (this is to pair you off with opponents)
    Your time zone.

For 3 vs 3 i will need.
    Team name,
    Individual names (in game)
    City you call home if any,
    Background story for your team,
    Your preferred weapons, and magic (again to pair you accordingly)
    your time zone you will be able to fight.

I will have my Arena open to scheduling, by teams and people that do not have access to training/or guild (got to build a reputation somewhere)
    I will also provide free Fighter Training, for those that are not too familiar with it or need to learn, and we will have mini matches as well. (which wont be covered live on the radio)

Here's what will stand out about the new set up here,

All of our matches will be exclusively covered live on www.avatarsradio.com by Amber and Avatars Radio personalities! All of our fighters in the match will have WWE type intros into the ring before the fight starts and picking their own theme music! there will be interviews for the fighters on Avatars radio as well! Also we will be open to being hosted by other guilds and cities etc... (well still run it) but have it in those cities, and advertise the guilds and the cities, villages etc.. that want to have it in their town.

"Gladiator Wars" will start 8 months into start of game so build your team and train your fighters for the event of a SotA life time!

All this has been made possible by teamwork with www.avatarsradio.com and Amberraine, and www.thecaverns.net Sir Stile Teckel and Lord Baldrith on the podcasts, and most of all, You! the populace of SoTA!

We look forward to the festivities!
    Keep updated by visiting avatars radio!

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Vendors/Tavern Keeps - this is for you!

If you would like to sell your wares at these events, please contact me through messaging with this criteria,

Your in game name and vendor name,
    what wares you will be selling,
    what city and guild if any you are from.

we will be advertising your vendor as well on Avatars Radio.
    Keep in mind space is limited so it will strictly be on a first come first serve basis.

See you at "Gladiator Wars"

keep updated by visiting www.avatarsradio.com and listening to www.thecaverns.net podcasts!

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Also as far as time Zones for people i will try to work it at decent times for you all, so you too can participate without fallout out on your keyboards! So worry not neighbors across the oceans!

7. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I made this page on the SotAWiki.net -- Gladiator Wars

As the ideas come together with rules, how to participate, etc., I suggest someone fill in the Wiki page -- that way, it can stay correct with how this can work. The Wiki page references back to this thread for more detail.

Who will/can add to the wiki page? Anyone can ... just write it as factually as possible. It will also be a great reference when we try this event in R8, R9, etc. The page can always be updated and changed.

8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think this is a great idea, and it sounds fun how you are organizing it all:)
    I don't know how much time we will all have to play with the new skills next release before commencement, but it will be fun nonetheless and will be good for testing i'm sure. Count me in.

Time Lord, blaquerogue and Winfield like this.
  9. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I strongly believe this is why he said it will start 8 months into the official start of the game - Game releases - Tournament is nearly 1 year after that date. Avatars Radio and myself are all looking forward to this in so many ways.

~sees wavy lines before her face like they do in movies going into a day dream trance~

Weeks before there are interviews and little play skits aired through the "wireless device" and text put on the forums as they build up to the wars, gain fans for their side of the fight. While they enter the fights for their guilds, or for other tournaments to test their ability, more challanges and fandom is built for their side...

Day of the Battle:

Hit Entry music - introduction of gladiator as he enters the arena down a ramp, emoting his rage and how much he is going to kick their butt, battle cries and cheers from the audience ripping through the seats as they cheer for their champion.. All heard live on the radio instead of just read in text actual sounds heard to bring even more depth and connection to what we are witnessing.

Hit entry music from challanger - rinse repeat for as for the champion -

~smile caresses her face as she shakes herself out of the daydream stance~

This is how i picture this, yea okay, so it is no surprise i am a WWE fan and why could it not work? Youtube could even play a part, as the matches are recorded and played along with the intros, commentary, etc. why not.. if you can imagine it, believe it, you can make it happen! :) )

My complete and full support!

I just need to figure out how I can commentate AND enter the tournament to smack you all upside the back of the head with my spoon! ;)

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is a great idea. I would love to see this happen. Organize events. Promote them. Have some people to serve food, and maybe have a little BS entertainment between fights like you were saying about trash talking and all that UFC BS between rival fighters etc.

It would be nice if there is a prize for the winners too. IF you charge admission, then let a portion of it go to the fighters. You can promote the fights by making a call for all fighters, and viewers... If you have something financial for the fighters to draw the best fighters to your place, then you will likely get people to come watch.

In fact have the fighters themselves promote it too. For example for a fighter to be in the tournament he could get a few people (or more) from his guild to "sponsor" the fighter. In other words encourage each fighter to bring people to watch (and pay for tickets).

Selective Multiplayer = TICKETS and FIGHTERS are limited. If you're really serious about this, maybe you can rent out an arena/performance hall from the devs too. Or you can get people together to help upgrade your pledge tier so that you can have the biggest arena you can get in your own house. I don't know what would be the best place to host this type of event, (considering ease of management, and numbers of people etc). There might be a benifit to renting out a performance hall for stuff like this eventually too.

Whatever your thoughts are, if you're interested in making this happen don't give up on it. I think it's a great idea, and there is a market for this stuff. People want to see these fights, and people definitely want to prove they are the best in all of new Britannia. Whoever corners the market, or holds the best world tournaments could become quite wealthy.

Also since it is impossible to hold every fighter and every person in the world in one arena, don't be afraid of making friends of others who want to do the same things. Rather than thinking of them as business rivals, try to befriend others trying the same thing. Networking might even produce a World League of sorts. Maybe something better than a world league is to have champions of each fighting hall. Somebody might win at your place, and earn the title there, and somebody else might hold the title at another place.

Try to rebook your title holders to come back next time and let people fight to earn a spot to fight the former champion too! Then by keeping track of former champions, you could really promote the fights by saying after the tournament, the main event will be Champion vs Champion (two of your previous champions, or one of your champs vs a champ from one of the other fighting tournaments).

LOTS OF POSSIBILITIES HERE.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If you're truly serious about this, maybe guilds can work with you. If you build it they will come. I would totally help round up people in MGT470 for tournaments like this. In fact we can have our own tryouts at all of our own guilds. The best person or two from each guild interested in this could send their guy. Then the guilds themselves would have an interest in who wins.

If guilds get involved (and you don't let certain crude guilds make it feel unsavory for other guilds), then you might really draw some big crowds. If you get guilds involved then some guilds might have a lot of people willing to watch one guy. Then you might have to limit the number of fighters. Like at the most have a 16 guild/fighter tournament, winners of first round move to the second (8) fighters, then the next (4) fighters, then (2) fighter main event type thing.

These fights could take longer than it seems 16 fighters is a lot (but we will see what it's like in game for 16 fights, we will have to see how long they are). Keep in mind time for a little announcement before each fight, names of fighters, a little description of their style, what guild they are fighting out of, and have them walk in (maybe you could use some fireworks from the addon store for the main event, or have a few guys that know how to play some of the sheet music to add something interesting).

I think the guild fighter might be a good way to get more viewers vs number of willing fighters. You might make more cash that way, and also offer bigger prizes too. (the more popular the event the better the fame a fighter will get for winning... so if they get awesome the fighter might fight for the ego boost 1st prize money second--- that's the way to get it goin).

Time Lord likes this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

all guilds and cities will represent their own fighters( ie )hold your own matches and pick the 5 top fighters who can then be put in "Gladiator Wars" if desired. Individuals without a guild or city backing can also compete. 8 months after the final release, is when "Gladiator Wars" will start with a 20 man bracket. Also i will have the top 10 (3 vs 3) Again cities and towns will be responsible for training them and signing them up for the match, after the last 2 fighters are left in the 20 man bracket, we'll start the Team champions bracket(3 vs 3). the team will consist of no more than 3 people per team, and those teams will work their way up to the final 2 teams. When that is done we will have The Final "Gladiator Wars" champion, and the "Team Gladiator" Champions A week later, we will have the Finals championship.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Mata

Mata Avatar

I want to watch only.

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok well find a spot for you! :)

Time Lord and Mata like this.
  15. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thanks! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yes there will be prizes involved, percentage of take will go to cities that host it, which they will be able to do to advertise thier cities or guilds and it will all be in game money, everything you've said here is already in effect, we are contacting others guilds that have decided to have their tourneys :)

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I am limiting each guild city and the like, 5 players and one 3 v 3 team.

Time Lord and Isaiah like this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I wont be competing so i could definitely add a chair at the "commentating booth"

Mata and Time Lord like this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Guild Masters and City, Town owners please contact me Via Message, So i can talk to you about if your going to be involved or not, im trying to get a guesstimate on numbers competing in "Gladiator Games"

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I totally agree with anybody can join. However the people who come from a guild would automatically have fans that will buy tickets to watch their fighter in the tournament.
    However there should be a way to get entered without being a member of a guild. Also former champions might need be be re-entered automatically.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.