Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

* Update*

We will not have gambling, in the beginning. we need to work out some things on that, but everything else stays the same. Just need to smooth out some details and how to do it. But feel free to bet amongst yourselves and other guilds! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I will be holding PVP classes teaching those, that are not accustomed to PVP at my arena in the "Town of Vengeance" It will have to be scheduled so message me when the game goes live, or during the R8 release. Time is limited in R8 because i want to get out and do some PVP myself! Message me if you would like to learn basics on PVP.

3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

How and what will you teach PVP?

- Will you need people to use voice, like Team Speak, during the instruction?
    - Will you publish some online tips, best way to attack melee or with spells, and approaches for 1v1, 2v2, tag-team, etc?
    - You might have some home-study, class instruction and demonstration, and then practice sessions?
    - Do you want to teach groups or individuals?

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

truth is, we will need to experience the combat system before we can teach anything.

Honestly you guys can do what you want. I'm not hurt that you haven't responded regarding the whole alliance thing, but I don't see these fight clubs being that big unless fight promoters work together.

They will basically be small tournaments in Joe 8ball's back yard due to the fact that anybody can hold fights in their back yards. if this is going to be a serious thing there needs to be promoters and event planners that work together in some kind of alliance.

There's no way to single handedly create a UFC in SotA without cooperation of others, because the next guy will come along and have their own fight clubs.

Also if you can have about 100 guests max, you charge about 500gp per ticket, you are looking at making 50,000gp. That isn't going to leave much for prize money for the winners, and leave any money left over for you. to make it worth your while, you might want to charge 1000 to 5000gp per event and hope it sells out (100 people). Then you can make 500,000gp, and you can give 10% to the winner 50k and 5k to second place, and 1k for third. However the only way you're going to get popular enough to drive ticket prices up that much (and have sellout crowds) is to have a fighting alliance, and be running a major fight club. Again it comes back to having community support, and regular fans. This is no small thing, and you will stress yourself out doing this without serious community relations.

Two bit, no named, unguilded fighters will not have a following, and will not draw a crowd. Need to make the names of the fighters big. You need to promote the fighters, and make them popular, or at least get the word out as to why they are good. Good public relations with guilds, and with other fight clubs is good. Cross promotion, and having fight records 52 wins 3 losses...etc. will be very important too.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Can You Small What The blaquerogure is Cookin'?"

"Gladiator Games" are "Defiantly" ~Time Lord~ Approved!
    Come Join the All Fun, Because His Cookin's So Good :cool:
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well both, groups and individuals, i have posted some tips in some of my threads from what ive learned from playing the releases. you wont need any team speak or anything. lets just say while everyone was out collecting chests and easter eggs in the releases i was looking at the combat aspect of everything from moving, jumping etc...... I will take anyone that wants to learn how to PVP, and teach them the best i can running scenarios and basics of movement and fighting. spells selection for best solutions, and i have some helpers that could come and also help out with the training.

Gaelis, Time Lord and Winfield like this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok , we do have community support and guild support, we have exclusive rights to commentate live, our event, and commercials/ promotions for the individual fighters in the "Gladiator Wars" The match will begin 8 months after live release (finished product) prices if any will be low to insert your fighters into the match, and as far as people coming to see the matches prices will be also low. When it comes to prizes (we personally have that under control) so no need to worry about that. It will be up to each Guild to pick thier 5 best fighters as well. So we do have the cooperation of others, if they want to compete. As far as why I am doing this, it is not for the money i just enjoy it, and all the work it takes to make it happen.

Isaiah and Time Lord like this.
  8. 3devious

3devious Avatar

If you can only have 64 people in an instance by design, how are all of the people observing this thread let alone who will be interested after the game launches all going to be able to view the match?
    Chris if you are watching this thread I hope you add Pay per View capability to this game!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

we will let as many people in as we can at first until we work out a coliseum deal with the devs :)

10. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Constructive criticism - do you realize how difficult your font choice is to read?

Also, have you signed up for the Bear Tavern PvP tournament yet? Seems to be the de facto choice for hardcore PvPers at the moment, would be good to win that tournament and then you would probably have more people signing up for your PvP learning sessions.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is a good point @blaquerogue

Seems like it would be good for business if you guys had some kind of alliance. LoL

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Spectators Spectators Yo! with a name like blaquerogue... you have got to have a
    blaquerogue's burlesque?
    for the sake of laughter,lofty material, treats ordinary material with mock dignity.
    a humorous and provacative stage show featuring slapstick humor, comic skits bawdy songs
    scanty clad chorus

Time Lord likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Update... I will be at the "Bear Tavern Brawl"! It turns out i can make it until about 2pm then i have to get some sleep before work! Win or lose ill be there!!

Time Lord likes this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Update* Types of matches

"Gladiator Wars" will commence 8 or 9 months after game goes live. Gives towns and guilds time to pick their fighters, ( 6 ) or less competitors from each holdfast, town or city, guild (team or single) *totaling 6 individuals. per town or guild sponsoring.

"Gladiator Wars" (magic and melee)Champion match 1 single winner (20 man bracket) final 4 prizes 1 champion prize.

"Team Gladiator" (magic and melee) Champion match 3 vs 3 = 1 single team winner (10 team Bracket) last 2 team prizes.

"Spell Slinger" (magic only, no melee) Champion match 2 vs 2 = 1 single team winner (10 team bracket) last 2 team prizes.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

(I understand that some have no need for PVP, that's fine and your prerogative.) There are those of us that like the PVP concept of Arena Battles. Bear Tavern and I would fall under that category, and we have been working behind the scenes, on these events for quite some time and have been consulting each other from time to time! Unbeknownst to most I have been working on this since day (1) of SoTA (when i found out about it), trying to carry something over from UO that i was working on there without any official support or input, there were those few that i consulted in over that time until now.
    When i realized it could be done in this game that was my drive for this game, besides the fact that RG and the Crew were making it. That was my only deciding factor in supporting it and wanting to play! Its a world where we as the general populace can create as we go. Which we have been doing since day 1, jumping and swimming being some examples of how the players have molded the game over time. With that being said, I wanted to mold a gladiator type competition in game, as the days and months went by i realized, that many more were interested as well in arena battles and such having their own, so i re molded my thought process and said it is not fair, for I to be the only one to have such competitions! How could all be involved that want to have the same?
    My solution was, let all the guilds and towns hold their matches, and from those they could pick the best warriors from each and compete in "Gladiator Wars" which would be an annual event for all. So i involved others to make this dream come true, i have received exclusive rights to hold fighter interviews, intro music, and matches covered live through Avatars Radio with live commentating. (thanks to Amber!) Like a WWF/WWE/SMACK DOWN type of event.
    Since then others have decided they want their matches covered on twitch TV, YouTube and the like, and i fully support you all in these endeavors! I will probably compete in them (if allowed) as well, but i will not compete in my own competition for legitimacy, plus i would like to do commentating and refereeing as well, and coming up with more exciting things to throw into the ring later on down the line! Keep in mind most prizes will come out of my pocket for winners in the final five matches of the 20 man bracket "Gladiator Wars" Champion match, the last two in 3 v 3 "Team Gladiator" match, and the last match in the "Spell Slinger" match (only magic no melee) Which will be held in "Celtic Holdfast". Wherever these matches are held, that town, city would receive "spotlight" commercials for their town or city, and vendor during the matches. Those towns would also get small take on the generated income 10% from the event sales and entry fees (to compete) in that town. (which will be affordable by all)
    Here are my rule set for matches and what types.
    "Gladiator Wars" will commence 8 or 9 months after game goes live. Gives towns and guilds time to pick their fighters, ( 6 ) or less competitors from each holdfast, town or city, guild (team or single) *Totaling 6 individuals per town or guild sponsoring.

(tried to make it easier to read :)

Isaiah, Duke Gréagóir and Time Lord like this.
  16. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Because sans-serif fonts, especially at bolded and larger font sizes, are harder to read. It is known, khaleesi.

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops: For my part, "I'm Just Selling Death" ;)

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Everyone profits from more violence in our game, without exception!"Everybody!
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

Eriador and Lord Baldrith like this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

OK i need to clear the fog a bit, i have been getting challenges for my Champion in "Gladiator Wars" to fight thier champion in another event.

I dont have a champion, because i am not a guild master, im in a guild, and i live in a town, but neither of those have impact on the "Gladiator Wars" except my house and my arena location. This "Gladiator Wars" Will be a conglomeration of all the guilds and towns that pick champions, however they decide to pick them, competitions of their own etc.. so i totally support others to have competitions amongst themselves, id like to join in some of those competitions myself if allowed. "Vengeance" is just a starting town, i think that whoever gets "Gladiator Wars" champion this year, the town they reside from should be the next finale, when gladiator wars comes back around the following year. It is an annual event, it will only happen once a year. I will also try to work in my events around others events. It will take possibly 2 weeks of fighting to complete the Gladiator Wars championships, if the turn out is what i expect.

20. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I expect to see a "champion" from Order of Vengeance competing and maybe one from Bear Tavern Militia (even though it's formed from other communities, is that okay?). @blaquerogue do you have a public sign up list somewhere? If not I can help you to get something put together... let me know.

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.