What is this PvP you speak of?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Thunder Chicken, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Avatar

Had a blast see you guys next time!

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

You mean you blasted us :)

3. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

Trady's got, what do the kids call it these days, da mad skillz?

Never had more fun getting my ass kicked. ;)

rild, Trenyc, VonXakk and 3 others like this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I owe it all to Espada, who had the best fighter build I saw all game hands down.

Thunder Chicken is also on some serious s*** for a mage.

Nyquist, I have to hand it to you lot, you kept coming like it was the battle of the Somme. Over the top !

You did manage to trick us a few times there...

5. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

Well, if we didn't keep at it, y'all would have gotten bored, wouldn't you? ;)

Next time I need to try one of those heavily armored, big bludgeon, knockout blow builds; attempts to play as a "pure magic user" only worked up to a limit. There's a stunning attack y'all must have had in your skill tree (or just your mad skilz or something) that was doom if two of them landed in succession.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, I think some people know exactly how to set up some really sick builds...

But I'm sure that will all change with R9 so... no rest for the wicked :)

The naked mage with life drain, running in circles and a fire elemental is one dangerous type

I saw a guy with lighting and a wand who was seriously dangerous in the arena on friday night...

And then there are the knight types with satyr axes or halberds :)

rild, Espada, Thunder Chicken and 2 others like this.
  7. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

There's wands? I didn't know there were wands!

I wanna wand!

rild, Thunder Chicken and majoria70 like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah they're really cool. They auto attack with blue fire effect

You can have mine. :)

9. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Indeed @Thunder Chicken.. Good times.

10. Khloec

Khloec Avatar

Really enjoyed the combat and PvP. Had great fun killing and being killed lots. R9 is to long away.

11. Exodus2

Exodus2 Avatar

Gonna miss you guys! Maybe a gap closer skill will get implemented so I dont have to root every 5 secs.

12. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

You craft them. It takes 20 silver ore which is a bit of a pain, but not so much that you can't put one together after a couple hours.

And there's staves too - but they take gold which is more rare.

I used a wand Saturday and Sunday and it was a lot of fun using a ranged auto-attack while kiting or chasing people. Not much damage, but it did have an interesting intimidation effect on the other players. Lots of folks ran away rather than deal with what they thought was a spam-caster.

13. Espada

Espada Avatar

Looking forward to seeing you again thunder. Some serious fun was had, indeed!

Dont give me all the credit bro. You simply rock! Good times last night with you and Spaz. The train was pretty beefed up and some serious pain delivered lol.

Above nyquist,
    Gotta give you that I was surprised with your persistence. You definitely got better over time and all of those fights made you stronger. It was fun to fight you, Saesa and Bane Dragon last night at the castle and bridge. And the funny Joseph Stalin using /stuck to get away couldn't go unnoticed. It was fun to also duel you with my caster build by the beach earlier that day. I hope you had a good time as well.

Gonna miss you too Slayer. You are among the elite fighters of R8! No doubts! Will remember the training session with you and Trady for a long time. It was fun to test the melee skills with great players such as yourselves! Lets do it again! Also, great 1v1 at the arena tournament. I wonder if that legendary s/s build will last for R9. I doubt it!. We will see.

All in all, thank you all for the fun. It was a great time that will be in memories for future times to recall.

14. Jebediah

Jebediah Avatar

I also had a great time.
    Even though PvP is likely to change in future releases, I am looking forward to what comes next.

15. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

Heh, at that point I think you were the only other PvPers logged in. I needed practice, so where else was I gonna go? ;)

I think the big breakthrough for me was figuring out which spells you could cast while running (lighting and death ray, I think; I learned some about that earlier from you or someone else, can't remember) and when would fizzle if you moved. That moved me from getting dead 95% of the time to getting dead 90% of the time. ;)

Ohhhhh! I was wondering about that.

Yup, and I learned a lot. I may still be getting my butt kicked at PvP most of the time, but as I result I find I'm now far more effective against the NPC enemies.

rild, Espada and Caska DiFumarate like this.
  16. Espada

Espada Avatar

The better you become at pvp, both solo and team base, the higher your skill will be at pve. This has to do with critical reaction timing, optimal counter offensive and defensive (when to focus fire, when to focus heal), awareness factor (team positioning), critical thinking with doing builds and super-b coordination skills with your team/your brain. In other words, if you are a great pvper, you will destroy at pve, simply because the skill bar required to defeat intelligent live opponents that can counter you on the go, is higher than the bar required to defeat programmed intelligence.

I am glad you enjoyed the experience and learned from it! See you next release if I can make it.

17. TimeLord Smith

TimeLord Smith Avatar

Is this the man, who wrecked, all the fighters in the fighting tournaments all week long?

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  18. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I got sick of open PvP real quick for the same reason I usually do: I was killed six times by a pair of griefers, one of whom was a mage with all roots and stuns, the other was a 2h tank build. As soon as I'd rez, they'd chain stun me until dead again. It went on six times because I figured they'd just stop eventually. Was wrong there. So I used /stuck and logged. WTB ghosts!

I did have a pretty awesome duel with Taka, though. That one came right down to the wire. :p

Spent the rest of time doing what I do best: crafting. 'Course "the rest of time" constituted about three hours this weekend for me. Looks like not much was added in the way of recipes. :(

19. Jebediah

Jebediah Avatar

It's unfortunate that this happened to you. I was never griefed in this way, however there were quite a few times when I would be in a consensual 1v1 match and would be ganked in the middle, or soon there-after when my life was near 0.
    PvP was definitely much better when there was a group of people whom were all dedicated to making it fun.

Hopefully a mechanism is put in place to deter griefing and at the very least spawn-killing. Where-as you cannot be attacked by the same person(s) until an allotted time has passed since revival. Giving you ample time to get away or prepare yourself once again. (Edit: This may not be needed once there is actually a death system in place. However, griefing in any form is never acceptable and there should be consequences put forth for doing so, where applicable. At the same time you cannot make the game too restrictive, else you risk no longer making the game fun for those who seek that play-style.)

Thunder Chicken and Trenyc like this.
  20. Floors

Floors Avatar

What was your name in game ?

Didn't you sell your account ? Or are you back in :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.