1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 10 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I'm a little confused about the hat.

Is it a different hat every release, or is it a single hat that can only be obtained by completing a quest in every release?

Also, when you say that a quest must be completed, is there a specific "hat quest" or is it just any old quest that must be completed to qualify?

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

As noted in the post the specific quest each release is the Explorers Guild Quest which consists of talking to the Tour Guides. Each release the reward will be a different quest.

• Explorers Guild Quest: Starting with R10, we have a new type of quest, called the Grand Tour. You can talk to any Tour Guide (one is near where new players appear, in Braemar) to begin the quest. Visiting all the Tour Guides (who are stationed near the new content introduced with that release) will earn a reward for your account (for R10, a Cavalier's Hat). This reward can only be unlocked during that release (did someone say rares?), so be sure to complete the Grand Tour before the release is over!

3. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Whoops, I missed that part. Thanks!

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

aww that makes me sad. Would love the hat but probably won't be able to play at all. :(

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It took me a long time to do it, what with all the technical problems, but I finally got my hat! It doesn't show up on my account page though. If this is by design, you may want to inform people that they should not expect to see it show up on their account page. :)

6. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I'm still having trouble trying to enter the Challenge area...on my 3rd player character now :(
    I want the hat!

7. Drocis the Devious

I had to goto all the places outside of Ardoris first, then I got lucky and didn't crash while in Ardoris. Now finally I have crashed and will not delete my character until I'm certain that I will get credit for my hat. :)

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'll go through the grand tour a second time to get a hat for you, and if the tour guide doesn't give it to me, I'll run him through with my blade.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ah thanks.. I'd really owe you one. That's a perfect Bowen hat! I might just have to risk going over my bandwidth limit. Library on Friday to patch up.. copy the files over at home and hope it doesn't take too long.

10. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

If all else fails...I can send an email to Portalarium. Though I am determined to get through it so any issues I have can be reported and hopefully repaired before everyone else gets access.
    It is a snappy looking hat :)

11. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Are others having issues entering the Challenge Dungeon now? I get this..stupid hat...

[​IMG]

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If you really like this particular hat, I have more than one account. Perhaps we can work out something so I can give it to you after the official launch. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

13. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Seir, I have that problem. I'm thinking maybe cause I'm in solo player mode. Was gonna switch over to multi, BUT new patches are loading ... up to 154 now.

14. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Tried that as well (multiplayer) no luck so far. Need to sleep with work in the morning but will try to log in then...thanks.

Had tried to complete the hat quest and got no love both times so far...*sigh quests*

15. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

OK, I patched to the latest and got into the Challenge area in multi player mode. Got credit for the quest. As soon as I got credit it booted me out LoL!

16. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The devs, I think it was Chris, said that the hat isn't connected to the page yet. So what you see is normal. They have plans to show all the earned rewards on the account page, it just hasn't been done yet.

17. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, I kept having this problem last night :( I just couldn't leave Braemar (via lunar rift or walking out of town) without the game crashing :eek:

18. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Grrr...it's going to be a long day at work! Looking forward to it!

19. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

It's going to be a long weekend if they don't fix these things...deleted my above character, re-entered the challenge dungeon and now keep losing connection. Not the best impression for the new folks especially since this was "polish" release :)

20. Drocis the Devious

Better now than at launch. To quote Bill Parcells, "This is why you lift all them weights! This is why you do all that!" So we're ready on Game Day. ;)

I've deleted 4 characters and now my game crashes every time. But I have my hat! Is there anything else that matters besides "my hat"? No, release 10 is a success! lol

UPDATE: I tried it out this morning with the new builds and was able to login without the client crashing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.