Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

In Game tutorial badly needed

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Mingo, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Many things about the game mechanics are not, shall we say "Intuitively Obvious". An In-Game Tutorial is BADLY needed. As pointed out in another thread, unlike old UO, you don't just pick up a stick and start whacking things....and the card system, although promising, is difficult to grasp.
    --Also the skill trees and how to populate your quickslots with icons begs for some kind of tutorial.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We feel your pain! We are going to try to get a tutorial system in by R12 at the latest

3. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

One thing to remember from a production standpoint is that this will be one more thing to upkeep once it is online - any system that the tutorial touches, as that system changes, so will the tutorial need to be updated. So the sooner we bring the tutorial online, the sooner our workload grows, and the possibility of bugs within the tutorial arise.

Just something to keep in mind when thinking "why haven't they done a tutorial yet".

4. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Also, most any player will be happy to explain/show you things, too...keeping a tutorial up to date is more effort than payback at this point.

TheMadHermit, Koldar and Chaox like this.
  5. Smokinjoe14

Smokinjoe14 Avatar

This is also a great way to meet new friends :)

Koldar, Seir and Chaox like this.
  6. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

When I first started UO, a girlfriend helped me get adjusted (this was *way* before New Haven).

In SotA, I had to grab a friend who had already played here to help me get grounded.

Now, I intend to walk through my other friends that I am coercing into playing the game. We have a player driven economy, and might as well have player driven non-official counselors - at least for now. Once I'm settled a bit more, I would be willing to stand for a short time in Braemar (or wherever newbies are born) to help others. (Eh, in UO I live on Siege where we have the "NEW" guild to help players for the first 30 days when they come to Siege. Mayhaps SotA will end up with something similar....)

Mata, Koldar and Tazar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.