Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First impressions in SotA and...

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Gorgo, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorgo

Gorgo Avatar

Hi everybody,

I play from yesterday for the first time and I would like put here my first impressions...

-With some of other players, I'm in order to say the combat system, the deck system, glyph etc is verry complicated, is no easy to understand and after some houres of test I dont find a good raison to use this system.

-Size of maps and too much loadings...
    I like the map system, to trip from a city to another but the maps in general is verry small... I play maybe 3 houres and I have visited all cities and all cavern/dungeons... maybe it's normal because it's an alpha or maybe I dont find the good way to see the rest of the map ?

-Housing
    Before I begin I believe I can buy directly a house to test it but... no. OK then I begin to searsh to male money and you know wath, I dont found... in dungeons I'm not harder to kill more of one monster... then I found a solution, I sell some of my items.. I recolt 2000PO.
    With my 2000 PO I buy a little house, ok but after I would like try another one, I leave my claim but I dont recolt my 2000PO ! witjout a warning message.... It's not logic to refund the gold if I sell my house ???
    Result, now I have 9 gold in pocket, impossible to kill monsters to have more money... I cannot play anymore...

Dont take bad wath I say but it's the 3 bad things for me is SotA, I'm a first player of UO, I'm verry anthousiast about this game but some things are verry disapointing for me.

Have a good day.

2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

This map is a very small part of what will be available in Episode 1, which, in turn, is only a small piece of the final saga map. So don't worry about that part. ;)

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The glyph system(which I used for the first time this release) seems complicated at first but it really isn't. It just needs a better streamlined deck building screen.

I made my own deck in about 5 minutes for sword and shield with health potion locked. I only selected skills from swords and shield so that I never got any slugs....I used 5 cards to alternate...

it was pretty easy to do combat and figure out what to do. Granted I wasn't to familiar with the skills but when you develop your character for real you won't have many skills and it will be easy to see what each does as you level more will be added...so lower learning curve. The system needs a good layout and explanation as you go, which is more of a beta thing then an alpha thing. So no worries.

4. Gorgo

Gorgo Avatar

Ok I understand but I visit all the map in some houres... is verry verry small... even for a fist episode.

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That isn't the whole map for the first episode.....thats a small island

6. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Yes, it is very small, but as I said in the post you just quoted, we currently only have access to a very small portion of what will be available upon release of episode one. We're testing a tiny island and have not even seen the much larger mainland yet.

7. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

About the size of map: The presented map is only an island. The main continent is not available yet to test, only a few places via lunar rift (Ardoris, for example)
    About Housing: Sorry for your lost money, i think that problem should be addressed.

Have a nice day ;).

8. Gorgo

Gorgo Avatar

ok perfect, I prefer this :)

9. Gorgo

Gorgo Avatar

There is a system to report a problem or make suggestions ?

10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The system to buy a house right now isn't the final version. It's just a placeholder to stop people from claiming all the lots.

11. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

If you sold all your gear and lost your house and don't have anything left you may as well just remake your character. You have nothing to lose. :D

But as for "trying out" houses you can always go into other peoples and look around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.