Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stacking Glyphs and Combos

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Greymarch, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

The new ability to stack like glyphs together to make a more potent version is great and I was wonder how that worked with combos? For instance say on my bar at one time I happen to have 3 Rends and 3 Trips and I combine those into a "level 3" Rend and a "level 3" Trip if I then combo those two "level 3" glyphs into a Hamstring would it just be a regular Hamstring or a "level 3" Hanstring? What about combining glyphs of differing "levels"?

In the above example would forming 3 Hamstrings and then merging them together work as well? Be better? Worse?

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

Presumably, if could survive long enough and be dealt the right gylphs so as to keep stacking the combos, you'd have a 1-hit kill combo eventually :)

3. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I was able to concoct second stages of hamstring and fiery decay.
    I would assume that Chris's description still holds true - increased damage and reduced focus cost

4. smack

smack Avatar

Since we're capped at 5 points per skill currently, you can create up to a level 5 combo. That's what I did earlier. Stacked 5 fire arrows and 5 death rays and then combined them into a single level 5 fiery decay. Alternately, you can stack 5 level 1 fiery decays too. I didn't measure the damage or focus cost though.

I did notice that if you combine a higher level stack with a lower level stack to make the combo, you waste the difference. Like if I had a Level 5 Fire Arrow and a Level 3 Death Ray and tried combining them, I'd only get a Level 3 Fiery Decay combo. I think the other 2 Fire Arrows are discarded.

Siriustar likes this.
  5. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I did muck around with this last night and essentially distilled my entire deck down to two combos on my bar. Sadly they didn't seem to do that much extra damage. Though that may have been an issue with the leashed forever regenerating Dark Elf Archer...

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If I remember right Chris mentioned the strength improves by 10% each stack. The real benefit of stacks is the focus reduction, 5 focus for each level stacked. If you're a fighter that's probably not as big a deal right now, but for a mage it's essential. I've found that if you're a mage and you're not stacking the same glyphs whenever you can, I was running out of focus very quickly. With stacking I was able to fight for much longer.

7. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, I did some more testing of this last night too, comparing my level 1 fire arrows vs. level 5 and level 1 vs 5 combos and they didn't seem to be that much more effective. I didn't pay attention to the focus penalty though.

Yeah, agreed. But the problem that I ran into was that I was now looking at my hotbar nearly 99% of the time during a fight. We need to solve the UI issue! I'm fighting the UI, not the combatant on-screen. But I digress...

Aldo and AdamZax like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.