Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Extended Play Time? Thoughts and Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Red Beard, Sep 25, 2014.

?

Do you want a longer period of time to exploer the game?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2016.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

Hi All!
    I think it would be nice to have a never ending play time or a limited break in service to the single player and multiplayer versions of the game... Their are a lot of us whom have had little to no time to explore all the current things the game has to offer.... I'd love to give some constructive feedback, but since I only have about 1 hour to spare towards the game in the 3 days of available time all I can do is create a character and slash a monster or two..... maybe mine some resources than I'm done until next revision... this is kind of lame....
    Please help me push the game developers into considering a longer open period for us to explore the game as it is today... Why can't the game developers copy the current game onto a playable server and continue to work progressive updates into the game on an alternate server that can be updated when appropriate?

2. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

I had suggested a persistent game world for us to mess around with a while back. It is plausible to form a controlled loop that the devs deem ok for persistence and give it to us to mess around with. I was also told, and dont quote me on this please, that there are just too many updates that are implemented on a daily basis and the distribution of those would cost more than they have alotted for the development of the game itself. What I would recommend is to make a single player scene and allow us to walk around in that scene, even if it's one or two hexes, something that goes with the storyline. Maybe a post-release trailer much like what they have done for the new Silent Hill. A place to stretch your arms that is not representative of the finished product.

I think this would suffice the Single Player only type of playerbase as well. There are tons of people who would love this. Thanks for posting! :D

RDouglas likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I believe that in the next couple of months the servers will be up and persistent. If you look closely you can see that there is starting to be more content than can be completed in a given weekend. The pledge rewards ay be accessible in game in the next release or two. Pvp control oints should be in next release and crafting is likely to be expanded in R11 as well. Crafting and durability are necessary to test the economic cycle, and that requires persistence. Also R11 should see the advancement system in place, and testing that is likely to require more that four days at a time. So I see a lot of positives pointing to the servers staying up for extended periods,. if not 24/7 very soon.

RDouglas and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  4. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

If your voting No... Please explain why???

RDouglas likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i think we should have at least one release that goes from sun to sun, that way all who are working have weekend they can explore the game, i work nights so when i get home i drop about an hour or so into game then go to bed, my days off are not sat and sun, so im missing out on a lot of gameplay events etc... if they did what i propose, then everyone would have a decent amount of time to play!
    this release i spent most of my time building coin to buy house and lot(even though my account has a couple houses already and land), it is now the 4th day into release, and i haven't really had much tome to go do anything else, participate in an event etc... we all have our priorities when a release opens, mine personally is to get a place set up, for a couple of reasons, showing new people how different deco works and looks, meeting place for events, etc.. after i get that set up i go do PVP, and try and help out with other events. So, Sun to Sun would give everyone a decent amount of play time!

RDouglas likes this.
  6. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

All for more playtime/salute.... Have alot of catchin up to do here/tip of the hat..... on the marrow hopefully will have the hat/wink...
    Updated to Dev and need to work out unity and teamspeak yet... got to get busy/but more uptime would be delightful....
    /see you ingame
    Rawnie DeDouglas

blaquerogue likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I voted NO because I'm Dev+ member and start playing on Wed, instead of Thur, so I already play an extra day. My schedule is also open, so I generally play 30 hrs anyways, so I don't need the extra time.

Sorry your schedule only allows 1 hr for 3 days, but you can get alot done if you just pick a name and take all the defaults on your chr (it gets wiped anyways so don't waste time making them perfect). I can create a chr in like 5 minutes playing with all the features, I just remember what I did last time and check out the new stuff each time. Read the update page and instructions, there's alot of info being released.

If you need quick cash, goto the battle camps in SPO mode and just strip the dead guards (I make like 10k in 30 min.). This is the first release that gives you pre-made decks and defaults you to a Locked deck, so just throw your Great sword on and have at it... Try things out of the box, its just testing, it's not like this is a complete game yet...

8. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I voted yes. I am a Dev+ member which tends to miss all of the special gatherings, early access, and the Releases themselves due to not being able to download the updates in time due to 2KB - 20KB download speeds. I just finished updating R10 for example, and have not much time to get in and dig around.

Smack, thankfully, let me know that this time there was a download to the full game available outside of the patcher. I had no idea that these were provided and I'll be looking forward to R11 and finding the direct download link for R11 so that I can have a real chance to play next time!!!

9. smack

smack Avatar

When R11 starts up again, we should remind BurningToad to post the full build again. I think he posted that because of all the patch problems. He's posted full builds before but it's not an automatic or consistent thing they do. Perhaps ping DarkStarr about that too so it can go into the R11 instructions.

10. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'm undecided on this. If they start allowing extended periods now, I'd worry people will start believing they owned particular property when in truth they had no fair claim yet made.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  11. Galder

Galder Avatar

I voted 'yes' as long as it does not prohibit further development ;p

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i dont think they would feel they "owned' anything, after all the releases they wipe and start over, i think we all understand that and, are used to it. It is just for the release, weve been wiped over and over since all the releases and ar pretty much used to it. I like my spot but i know i dont own that spot, unless i get it upon time to pick our places for the final release

13. Net

Net Avatar

I just do not want to start from scratch every release... would be nice to keep gold till the next release if nothing else (though arrows and special equipment would be quite handy as well).

I must admit that I tend to play in these releases more than test, fortunately during mazebuilding I test and play at the same time.

Arianna likes this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The reason I voted NO is for the same reason the devs gave us for having short monthly releases. The reason is that they need to make sure to stress the servers. If people could log in all month long then a few people would log in here or there, but if they are forced to all log in with in a short window (like we do now), then they can better gage the effects of having larger numbers of players, playing concurrently.

So it is for SotA testing purposes. Frankly the game isn't even close to be done, and there really isn't much to do in the game yet. One weekend is enough right now. If people miss it people miss it. Life happens, but it is better that they test the game with many people logged in simultaneously.

Siriustar likes this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

only thing i didnt like about this release was i spent too much time trying to build up gold for a house and lot, when i actually wish i couldve spent more time PVPing, we all have our own priority on the releases, and i think it would be nice for somone new to the game to see how different houses look and decos, so my priority is to design a house first, so i have a staging point and something for new people to look at, then PVP (in essence it is still testing) but it did take more time than i wanted to build money for both house and lot! (especially when i already own some from my pledge)

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

im not asking for a month! just a solid week so i can actually get in and experience what they have thus far, and can say yes or no to what they are proposing. 1 week man just one week! I dont have Sat and Sun off and i work nights! I think with my pledge i should have the opportunity to critique!

17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

My point is that we are doing a service to them not the other way around. You have plenty of pledge rewards and you will have the game.

We only have like three more months before they open it up for beta, and we will be able to play all week long. They won't wipe it as often either. So just wait a little bit and you will have a chance to still have early access.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I understand that it's frustrating when you have limited time or have trouble logging in. I'm a dev+ backer and completely missed the early access because I was in the wrong time zone (happened just after midnight). Thursday and some of Friday was a complete loss to me due to connection problems. (Thank you to BurningToad for fixing the challenge dungeon loading issue <3).

All that being said, this early in development I personally prefer the short releases. I get frustrated with the long loading screens and not being able to repair/craft my own armour and make my own arrows. Camping a chest or a vendor isn't my idea of testing a game, but unfortunately the current game mechanics is such that it doesn't leave me much of a choice.

blaquerogue, it's unfortunate that your schedule doesn't allow you to play during the release times. My weekends are available, but sadly yours isn't. This makes your complaint 100% relevant to you. I sympathise.

Arianna, blaquerogue and Spoon like this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Voted no. While I would like more time it would be detrimental to the development and to the testing.
    If they did open it up this early you would see some serious alpha burn - drop out occurring.
    Then the accuracy and quality of bug reporting would be a serious issue, then all the micrdecisions on what to patch or not etc, like should you patch something buggy which will be replaced soonish... Etc

No, give the devs their two content releases they need to make things be able to support persistency, then another quality release. .. And we end up somewhere in December when they have already stated they want persistent testing.
    =)

20. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Why not leave it in offline mode when release access ends and let us play without connecting to game servers and bothering devs?

blaquerogue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.