Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Random R10 feedback

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Net, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

I do not want to make 10 threads for 10 different things...

Misc
    I need at least two weekends per release. I am Dev+ and I spend a lot of time in game, yet I have not done so many things. On Wednesday I got money to buy lot. On Thursday I got money for house and some reagents. On Friday I was decorating. It takes time to build maze, but anyone who wants to decorate their house needs time to do it properly. On Saturday I was able to get some equipment, I was participating in some events, I even managed to practise bit for the tournament. I made my final deck 30 minutes before the first Bear Tavern Tournament:) On Sunday there were more events, I know I am supposed to test, but I like to play a bit. On Monday I was working... I did not have time to do walkthroughs of my mazes, take a look around new locations or replay quests...

Combat
    - we should not lose our target when we use area spells like fireball or wall of fire...
    - there seems to be invisible roof in Castle basement arena. I casted many fireballs and walls on it instead of on my opponent.
    - I would like minidecks- something between locked cards and randomised decks... e.g. position 11 would be locked potion, 2-4 were attack spells, 6-7 healing spells and 8-9 were other glyphs (rooting, gust, dodge, sprint...) I really want to always have some healing spell and some attack spell in my hand... So I would like to split my deck to smaller decks with new cards alternating which one they populate.
    - there was some sort of lag for me... when I rooted soemone they were quite far from roots. And I often noticed that people were far from me so I could not shoot them with bow, yet they wwere close enough to attack me with polearms, it was next to impossible to keep correct distance when I could fire without getting hit.
    - critical damage was still rather high, while minimal damage was too low (I want to do at least 1 damage with bow, unless my opponent uses defense skill).
    - also when someone starts attack they should not be able to hit if we get far enough, behind an obstacle.

My biggest issue with combat is that animation is not matching what is happening, I see people miss me by long distance and yet I am hit and stunned or knocked. On the other hand I see people next to me and I am unable to hit them. Or I use flame fist and see it hit and then disappear (without them using purify or douse...)

Other
    NPCs sometimes seemed to regenerate a lot, they also teleported quite often, that was really annoying.
    Camera seemed bit bugged and not intuitive, it is also quite hard to look around in combat.
    It was extremely hard to get arrows. We need more merchants giving them away.
    We need option to transfer gold directly between players.
    The selling value being at 50% of item value and 25% of buying value is too much.
    Sometimes (e.g. Castle Arena) I was unable to heal my elemental. I was able to order him to attack itself...though he did not react.

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Oh Yes! :D

3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

I liked the free-form design of UO combat so much more than any MMO made ever since. I wish SotA combat was more like it (e.g. timers independent of each other for different skill uses, depending on individual character stats and gear). I know this probably won't happen, but a guy can dream right?

Espada, blaquerogue and Mata like this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Not only men, even women!
    :p

5. smack

smack Avatar

These were two of my biggest annoyances. I despised using Fireball because of it. Why can't we just select the target and the AoE would be fired at the ground centered on him?

Also, when doing some PvP I had to adjust my distance to the opponent like crazy. He was swinging at me from afar and I thought I was clear of him yet I still kept getting hit. And I also saw the root lag bug where he's rooted about 3-4 steps away from the actual roots. And because of the melee distance lag bug, I had to move even farther away because I didn't know if he was really rooted in place at the correct location. Both these issues caused me to move more than I needed to, which cost valuable time in combat when I could be firing off spells instead.

6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

There were many times when in PvP that it looked like the Avatars were ice skating.

7. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

My favourite is the figure 8.

Really!

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well if he was using a pole arm there is a skill that gives you reach!

smack and Net like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, there is but it would be nice if the corresponding animation matche, e.g. you 'wave' further with the polearm or something. Missing avatar by a length of weapon or more and still dealing damage is strange...

I really dislake this aspect of the combat, not only because of the lag but also mismatching animations. I am used to FPS games where I do headshot only when I hit the head of the other character (I am usually playing with low ping). I do not like auto-attacks, randomness, algs and mis matching animation, it is really not my cup of tea, not to mention character skills opposed to player skills. If it was up to me, I would do combat 'real', so you would have to wave with sword or block with sword (or shield). Damaged would be done only if you actually hi the other character. If you hit their leg, you would slow them down, if you hit their arm, they might drop weapon or become slower with the weapon... and it would be actually possible to avoid attacks by rolling away... Anyway it would be totally different combat system, but still. It would be nice to have visual clues for combat (weapon hitting avatar) matching what happens.

blaquerogue and Arianna like this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

Well that was one super long pole arm :)

Net likes this.
  11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Net isn't your mini deck idea already implemented? When you create a deck you can put points into a skill that lets you lock skills into your deck. So you can have a deck size that is, let's say, 8 slots. That deck can be broken into 6 random glyphs and 2 locked glyphs. You then drag a heal glyph into the deck and it is always there, it doesn't get discarded. That heal spell gets treated like a locked glyph. You could do that with any skill or spell. So you end up with locked and random skills or spells. Works for potions as well.

12. Net

Net Avatar

Not really. I can not have for example two locked same spells. Besides there is timer on them. And you can not make combos from locked spells. There are also no slugs. And I still have to use 20 glyphs for the rest of the slots. I would like to split the main deck into sub decks so to speak, so the cards are bit less random, at very least I want to have always cards for offense and defense. I do not like not having any card to heal myself when I need it and not having any attack glyph when is time to attack can be quite annoying as well. The thing is that as mage I can not depend on auto-attack, I always need to be able to cast spells, I do not mind if I can not cast fire ball, but I want to have fire arrow or wall of fire at hand. same for defense, I need those healing glyphs or at least glyphs stopping my enemy (roots, gust, disable shot...), I do not care which one I get but I need at least one of the set.

Arianna likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah i have to agree when i was in pole arms mode i had a super reach! :)

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.