renting and permissions

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by High Baron Asguard, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in housing as it effects both

I am looking at a few options at the moment and I am wondering a few different things

1) Can you rent out specific items in a house, for example individual crafting stations?
    2) can you set permissions for the lot separately from the permissions for basements? So that for example you could have a row plot with no house uses as farm land while the basements have all the crafting stations to rent out individually
    3) can all this be automatically handled by the vendor, so for example a person who wants to rent out farmland comes up to vendor and buys 2 days use of the farmland and someone else who wants to use the anvil could rent that for an hour.
    4) supplemental for 3, if someone wanted could you also set it so they could rent ALL the crafting stations (or all the ones in a particular branch) so they could chose to rent the anvil or all the crafting stations needed for blacksmithing or all the crafting stations
    5) can each crafting station have a chest attached to its rental with all the tools for each trade which is rented along with the station
    6) can the vendor also be "rented out" so that as well as these funtions people could use my vendor to sell there own goods and pay a transaction fee to me (say for sake of argument 5% of sale price)

Ie I am thinking of rather than being a crafter myself (at least as a primary business) having a set up where people can come in a rent what they want and either pay in gold or pay in a portion of there goods which would then . I realise the goods bit maybe hard to do but it would be nice.

2. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

well.... hmm, did you take into account that there are public crafting areas that dont charge rent for use of the crafting stations?
    as well as lots of private parties that may allow public use of their crafting stations as well....
    just a thought

3. High Baron Asguard

*Shrug* mine will be expert level :p if it doesn't work then sa la vi but I think it might be a good idea to set everything up in one place with a vendor which will be set quite cheep (because I don't have to pay rent on it). No rent on the vendor or the land so I could do it fairly cheep

4. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

aaahhh... hmm I didnt realize there would be a difference in levels between the stations, i'll have to do some reading up on that.
    so yeah... I dunno, might work ok - I still think there's likely to be folks offering use of their stations gratis - as a draw for their guild or town....

I do like the idea of being able to place a vendor there...
    ok sry about jumping the gun, obviously I have to do more research before forming a coherent opinion on the subject.:(

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm offering public access to every crafting station (expert level) within my guild town at no cost.

6. High Baron Asguard

would really love an answer to if something like this will be possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.