How to protect your goods

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by High Baron Asguard, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

So I was looking through all the physical goods we get with our pledges and I was thinking
    "how am I actually going to protect some of this stuff?"

I mean things like the collectors coin I could just put on my nerd shelf happily but the signed book and other signed goods how the hell am I going to ensure they don't age?

Oh and is there any of the physical rewards like the D&D campaign which don't come in electronic form as well so we don't damage the signed originals reading them?

2. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I made a list of what comes with my pledge level the other day, and was also curious about how many copies of certain items I would receive.

The pledge descriptions state that they come with the items from the lower levels as well (other than land deeds). So, as an example, it looks as if I should receive an autographed physical reprint of "Akallabeth", a non-autographed physical reprint of "Akallabeth" AND a digital download of the scanned version of "Akallabeth"... That's a lot of "Akallabeth"! ;)

It would be nice to have some official confirmation that the pledge rewards do in fact include all the physical items from the lower tiers, thus resulting in multiple copies in some cases.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Ummm....Many ziplock baggies and a treasure chest that you can bury in the back yard? What a fun time capsule for someone to find in a thousand years!

4. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Was hoping for something which would still allow me to display them. Reason I asked is I have been looking at a lot of my books recently and noticed they are going brown and brittle and I wouldn't want this to happen to something I have paid so much money for and which is literally irreplaceable.

Framing things like the map and certificates is easy but is that going to be enough to protect them?

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

In terms of framing maps/certificates is there anything that is used to prevent sun bleaching?

Sir Asguard likes this.
  6. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

It might cost more, but I would recommend that you take things like maps and certificates to a reputable framer and ask them to use archival-quality materials (acid free). That should be sufficient to protect the items, and things like that should always be displayed somewhere out of direct sunlight in any case. :)

For books - I have a number of old books and magazines that are stored in special 'collector' bags, although I can't recall where I got them! Perhaps a comic store or similar place could advise on that, since those places often sell collectibles?

Trudie and Sir Asguard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.