Something very special this way comes

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Hmm.. I think this might be the best forum choice for this..

*clears throat and bows*

They Who Dwell in Darkness

Towards the end of the R10 Post Hangout, Richard Garriott mentioned in sort of a passing remark that Avatar’s Radio playing something live, that people in game where able to put actions to would be pretty neat. Ok – No I am not quoting him here, its a loose paraphrase/interpretation that im using my own words to relay [​IMG]

Now, who would be the best group of people to do something like that? Hmm.. Well, How about the New Britannia Theater Troupe? A group of voice actors, writers, audio editors, agents, public relations, community leaders, etc… from the community that Amber Raine of Avatars Radio also happens to be a member of and works closely with? Sounds like that might be the right group!!

So some members of the New Britannia Theater Troupe came together and did what they do best.

Author – Gabriel NightShadow
    Voice Actors – Amber Raine, Asclepius, Static Grazer, and Lady Adnor
    Editor and producer – Asclepius

They have recorded a play that shall air on Avatars Radio on Saturday 10/25/14 at 10am CST, 11am EST. This is NOT an Echoes from the Caverns Podcast this time though, this is something more! Because when this airs on Avatars Radio those same voice actors shall meet in game, and perform it for you!

Paxlair will be building the theater troupe a stage for the production. Invites are being sent to Lord British, Lord Darkstarr, Firelotus, and others. Community leaders are being contacted.

The full combined resources of Avatars Radio and The Caverns, Dungeons, and Beyond are being applied to get the word out to every community member possible. For they are attempting to honor and meet the request of Lord British himself!

[​IMG]

I think that this is an amazing thing being done. It has been put together in a very short time. The story was written, people met and recorded it, Audio editing took place all with a short deadline. Furthermore you have multiple groups from the community coming together to work on this project together.

We know that one of the stretch goals in game will be theaters in game for players to do this sort of thing with. This is the first step towards one possibility of what we will see within the game. It may not be perfect – its a first attempt. Its been put together quickly and a lot of things that they do not even know to consider but will seem obvious afterwards may occur.

I personally though, having worked with this group on numerous projects and having seen the amazing skill each of them possess combined with great passion and love, have no doubt this will be fantastic.

Help make this the best event ever possible! Spread the word and if you can come to it, please do!!! If you use Twitch, please, air this! Lets show this to the world. Record, Make videos, post them on You Tube, take screen shots! Let show them why the community in Shroud of the Avatar is the best around and why Shroud of the Avatar is something to take very seriously.

If you want to contribute to this event in some way, have ideas, or suggestions please contact me. I will help coordinate with you and the Troupe so they can determine if it makes sense for this event! Word is they are looking for maybe a few opening acts *winks*.
    Finally, please keep an eye open for more updates. They are still looking at a lot of additional things to make this even better (if that’s possible and can be managed!). You will NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!!! More to come….
    [​IMG]

http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress/lord-british-asked-well-got/

2. stile

stile Avatar

reserved

Myrcello likes this.
  3. stile

stile Avatar

reserved

Myrcello likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Reserved

...a seat that is.

Myrcello, Mata, Ronan and 5 others like this.
  5. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

~is very excited for this event~ There have been many events in the past releases I have been excited and nervous about. This one, for a not yet mentioned "secret" reason as well as the performance its self - which will be *amazing*, makes this an even bigger event to be excited, nervous and just truly proud of! I have ne'er been more honoured to work with a great set of people then those involved with the Britannia Theatre Troupe! I hope everyone can make it (even if for a part of it I may be hiding in the shadows :p)

As Sir Stile mentioned, cameras and video cameras are STRONGLY encouraged!

Would it be a bad place to say that a certain Dev inspiring Mori Tura should be invited as well? ;) Just saying!

6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Good call. Reserving one ticket for the front row.

7. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Every time i read the title of this thread I can not help but think "I am avoiding the merry go round" and the "House of Mirrors " at this event.

But Mr Dark I will take any day ;)

(what is she talking about?)

(one of my all time fave movies)

Lady Adnor, Myrcello, Mata and 3 others like this.
  8. stile

stile Avatar

*grins* That was indeed an intentional word play from the movie on my part, good catch :)

Myrcello and Amberraine like this.
  9. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Do we ever really know with you? ;)

Sir Stile Teckel and Amberraine like this.
  10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I wholeheartedly second Amber's sentiments - I have never worked with a better group of people. They are a constant inspiration and source of support, and I think I am so fortunate to have found a niche with them.

I am really excited about this project - and also nervous - but it has enormous potential. More or less at my insistence, we kept it short - we want to get used to this kind of thing, and better to do a short play well than a long play badly. So it is under 10 minutes, but we are also planning "warmup" items to keep the vast crowds entertained:D

The sound track is recorded, complete with dialogue, music and sound effects.

So please come, bring your friends, settle down with popcorn and watch as we attempt to create history in New Britannia. Of course the standard caveats apply - if the internet gods don't smile on us, or if we get out of sync, it may not go as well as we hope. So please check the rotten tomatoes at the door:p:eek:;)

If this works as we hope, we can go on to bigger and better things in the future - and when the game is persistent we may have a permanent theater home!

11. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!

Well done Troupe - what a fantastic and well executed performance! You moved me. I had goosebumps.

You know what the best part was, the incredible graceful recovery and finish to the story. Wow! What Professionals! But all the other parts were the best part too; The whole play, Amber's song, Asclepius' brilliant rendition of community short stories...

*claps harder*

12. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Congrats to all for poise amidst the difficulties, and great content that couldn't be diminished by it!

13. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

14. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Yes the simulcast was amazing. Really amazing.

Asclepius and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  15. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Oh I'm pissed! Why didn't I hear it. Will have to look into it. :(

16. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

BTW, If anyone has a recording of the audio simulcast, hit me up.

17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

FYI - I didn't know how to operate the radio, just listened to the stream on the site. Interested to know if it was working too, and how to get it to operate.

Didn't record it, sorry.

18. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

No problem @Vyrin. I am sure someone has it.

19. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Darn! Really disappointed to say I missed this. I hope there will be a performance planned for R12!

Asclepius likes this.
  20. stile

stile Avatar

Im emailing you a dropbox link for the recorded play.

Asclepius, Amberraine and Lady Adnor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.