Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Any Archers out there?

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by SmokerKGB, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I finally hit level 35 and used the extra points for an "alternate" weapon/deck (locked, I'm still a Dallis guy), anyways I've been picking up arrows galore (623 now), of course I've seen 2 kinds Arrow/arrow which don't stack together.

I also found ilolo's crossbow in a secret place in Blackrock pass, and I found the Fire elemental cave, I play SPO, so I tried and tried to kill them but no luck, until I thought this would be a great opportunity to try "ranged" weapons. And it worked out Great, I increased my range by 50% & damage by 25% (or whatever the Max is), I even gave a lot of "innate" skills a big boost.

Took out the skeleton mage in like 6 shots, and the fire ele's in 7 shots, cleared the room in no time at all, found the Black crystals gave Sapphire gems instead of Obsidian, bummer.

The problem is, I went back a couple of days later, and now my ranged weapons don't auto attack anymore, I can use my icons, but I need to get really close, so close I could hit them with my sword...

What's up with that? I think it was after patch 174, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else having this problem?

On the right side of the screen it shows 3 arrows, does that mean I'm out of ammo? I have like 623 arrows, and can use my icons still... pressing "T" & dbl clicking does nothing...

Arianna, Kvow [MGT] and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I've had problems with auto attack not working as well, its not limited to ranged.

I tried the bow for a while but it didn't feel right, I've actually done some bow hunting and I can tell you, people don't shoot bows while they run ..... and thats the only tactic that seem to work for me.

SmokerKGB, Margard and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Pretty sure my archer's auto-attack was operating properly last night.

The "3 arrows" icon does mean you are either running low (a yellow icon), or completely out of ammo (a red icon).

I have seen the icon appear when I had multiple stacks of arrows in my inventory. So try combining any loose stacks together and see what happens.

And if you still have the broken arrow object (I believe it lacks an inventory icon, compared to the working arrow object), you should probably get rid of them, see if that has any effect. :)

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

(Sorry for my bad english, it's googletranslate)

My observation with arrows was this:
    arrow = Wrong Arrows <- "found" arrows
    Arrow (1743) = GOOD Arrows <- bought arrows
    With the "arrows found" I also made little / no damage / auto attack.
    With the purchased arrows everything is in order.

[​IMG]
    Meine Beobachtung mit Pfeilen war diese:
    arrow = Wrong Arrows <- "gefundene" Pfeile
    Arrow (1743) = GOOD Arrows <- gekaufte Pfeile
    Mit den "gefundenen Pfeilen" machte ich auch kaum/keinen Schaden/Autoangriff.
    Mit den gekauften Pfeilen ist alles in Ordnung.

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

My archer/mage 's auto attack was working properly last night in Deep Ravenswood :D

Mata - Oh my, that is a lot of arrows you have :eek: (You're right about the two types of arrows, by the way ;)) I generally don't carry more than 1200 at a time :D

Arianna and Mata like this.
  6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Yes, I was shopping... :D

Arianna and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I have like 3 or 4 thousand arrows lol I sold all the singles for 0 just to get them out of my pack lol.

Gabriel Nightshadow, Arianna and Mata like this.
  8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Thanks for the quick responses;

I've noticed that too, I need to be facing my target and have them highlighted for auto attack to work properly, a quick Tab, use icon generally faces me right...

I can't combine together because I'm out of Arrows, have plenty of arrows, and yes, it looks red, so I guess Mata is right, the Good arrows are Arrows...

I just sold all my arrows, and bought 1k of Arrows it seems to have cured the problem fine, OK I'll stop stealing arrows now...

9. Mata

Mata Avatar

:D

10. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

Something we have noted about archery, the increase range innate does work but the increase damage appears to have no affect. May need to do more testing on that.
    I'm going to get rid of those single arrows now I know they are useless:)

11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Those are good points, I think you need to be within normal range to get the benefit, just watch your icons, when they're usable you're within range...

If you're using "list" mode for inventory, you can drag/drop to stack your "arrows" together to sell for 0 gold... Tip: when selling multiples in list mode, click 1st item, then hold <shift> click last item (to highlight group), release <shift> drag group item to sell pane (the whole group is now ready to sell)...

Arianna likes this.
  12. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

a few things I'd like to see that I think would help balance archery

you should have to stop to take your shot, sorry, this ain't a hand gun and being able to do so is not realistic.

more damage! stopping to take a shot is only worth it if its going to actually do some damage.

improved ranged, you should be able to take a shot and fall back to a new position before your over taken.

better options! maybe some special arrow heads for armor piercing, flaming arrows ect.

quivers, theres a reason they were worn in real life, you can't carry 4000 arrows!

different bows for different purposes. the long bow was king of range for a long time while the short bow and or the daiku were meant for horse back and or skirmishes, crossbows should do a lot of damage close but be really slow, ect....

drawing and aiming, a way to take more time over drawing for more damage and taking more time for better accuaracy.

SmokerKGB and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Sorry Moonshadow, but we already have those...

-Aimed Shot, you kneel and take aim...
    -Piercing Shot, Ignores armor to do more damage...
    -Damage buff of +25%
    -Range increase of 50%, I can stand outside a Mages range and take him out, although accuracy/damage is curtailed severely...

The cooldowns are very long between shots, and weapon speed is slower...

We have Shortbow, Longbow, Regular Bow, Elven Bow and Ilolo's Crossbow... There is a Quiver in the game, but you can't equipped it yet, and I'm sure once "incumrances" go live no one will carry 4000 Arrows....

I can shot, then back peddle quite easily (hold right mouse, press S)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.