Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enemies invulnerable when returning to home position after pursuing player too far

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by jlpicard2, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlpicard2

jlpicard2 Avatar

Enemies are invulnerable when returning to the home position after pursuing player too far. For example, as a mage, attack a skeleton with fire arrows. When attacking, it takes fire damage while on fire, as well as the arrow damage when struck. When running back, it is immune to all damage (fire damage, arrow damage, or even melee). This invulnerability does not seem realistic.

Net likes this.
  2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I doubt it's suppose to work like that, however, the indestructable bear that took a stroll through vertas pass was hilarious lol

Net likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It's always been that way, invulnerable when leashed. It's done so that leaching can't be exploited by fighting a mob that can't fight back.

Net likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

But as squishy mage it is all about finding way how not to be attacked (otherwise you die). If you can not outdamage enemy you have to outsmart it.

5. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Have the devs confirmed this? In my very humble opinion, that would be quite a lazy solution.

Since the scenes are extremely small, I don't see the need to "leash" creatures at all. Mobs could just pursue their attackers until they lose line of sight - and possibly patrol the area where the attacker was last spotted for a few seconds before going back "home".
    Hopefully this is just a temporary thing before they fully implement NPC AI.

Net, smack, KuBaTRiZeS and 1 other person like this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, that would suck if they were invulnerable while returning home. Plus, I hate leashing AI if the only logic is based on range and if their home area makes no logical sense. Like were they patrolling or defending some area that they shouldn't get out of range of? Not really...most mobs in the wilderness have no purpose for being where they are. I want to see full trains to zone! :)

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.