(poll) Combat Deck System [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Brass Knuckles, Nov 28, 2014.

?

Tradition skill tree vs Deck system

1. 1. I like the concept of the deck system and want to see it threw.

57.5%
  2. 2. I like traditional skill trees /w skill point and static buttons

42.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Do you like the combat system or would you prefer a more tradition system with actual skill trees? I realize this system is not complete, I just wonder if the traditional system wouldn't be better. I think the thing I like about the current system is the combo possibilities I feel like this could be really fun . And the things I dislike the most are at high levels u need to many cards in ur deck I.e you can stick to a tree or 2, can't specialize as a fire mage. Also I feel like I'm watching my cards more than I do seeing what's going on in the game. And finally for me I'm really disappointed that the defensive abilities are either a stepping stone in the deck or a nussence. I realize you can lock the deck however you get a high focus punishment for this and there's no proficiency bonuses for spending extra points in fireball. Well enough of my dilemmas I want to see what you all think.

Walkerhart and Shadoweaver like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I sense a Freudian slip... "threw"

licemeat, wyrcan, Duke Raas and 3 others like this.
  3. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

i can go either way i like the old UO skill system where if you used a skill it would get better if you didn't it would get worse the new deck system might be interesting my biggest complaint so far is i think they should have actually went with a real deck like tarot cards with better art

Mystic Cat, jsopranik, Pk u and 2 others like this.
  4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Wish you would have added some place in the middle. Their are many points I like about the deck system and many I dont. I like that im not just binding skills and useing only the ones that hit the hardest and have a rotaion i follow over and over. I dont like the fact that your right i have to watch my bar to much. I dont like having the slugs but i do agree their should be a penalty for useing platemail. I dont like the fact that you have to have x amout of cards in my deck or be penalized some more when their isnt enough skills to fill that with out adding skills from anouther tree i might not want.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It was intentional, I wanted to encourage debate.

6. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

I want to see how this card system works when it's all working properly!!

I think calls for doing away with it are entirely premature.

(btw - I have yet to hear any of those who advocate trashing the card system offer anything better as a replacement.)

Ixus, Aegis159, Vyrin and 1 other person like this.
  7. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Deck system is retarded how it is now, the rotating deck takes away the concentration of focusing on what is going on in the game.. Instead you have to focus on watching what RANDOM cards come up in your deck, then you have to worry about trying to stack them onto each other, and everything is completely random, you don't decide what comes up and you don't even know what strategy to take into the battle field because it's all random and basically a big spam of random spells/attacks. I'd rather have 2-3 layers of spells I can pick through that are static like normal games.

The only people that support the rotating deck system are trammies who like to hunt day in and day out, or want to abuse the bad mechanics of this rotating deck system by doing extreme amounts of damage.

I also think it's hilarious that they are going to punish people for using a locked deck? There are to many benefits to using a rotating deck yet are going to punish people who want to play a normal casting system by making it use 50% extra focus per attack? Now that is just silly... We are already punished enough by having to wait an hour after going in to war mode for our attacks/spells/buffs to load before we can even fight anyone.

Someone needs to hire someone pvp oriented to the team so they can get this mess straightened out "mages/casting/deck/armor/ 240 dmg hits" before it drives a lot of the crowd away from the game.

8. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

It has taken me awhile to get comfortable enough with the floating deck to even start playing with it. Maybe its just too far outside some folks paradigm. Some folks are unable to look beyond their own little world of 'me' and see the larger picture.

9. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

No, I stated actual facts.. You've stated no facts at all and now you're going to comment on me because you didn't get your way in a dungeon. I've used both styles of play, I know exactly what I'm talking about.. I'm sorry you only PvM and do not PvP ofc you're going to like the rotating deck because you stand in 1 spot and just spam different keys/spells that pop up to fight your little monsters.. When you get on the field and start learning to pvp then you can comment, when you're running from a dexxer that hits for 200+ damage per swing trying to stack your cards and pay attention to what random spells you're going to be able to use vs this player it starts getting retarded, and it starts driving people elsewhere.

How about you wake up and see the other side instead of attacking people for their views.

10. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Ah, I believe that old chestnut of PvP'rs thinking themselves the top of the heap has been done to death. I don't subscribe to the 'might makes right' argument because that kind of anti-social attitude does not make for good teammates or responsible community members.

And I am trying to branch out and learn new things (such as the deck system) why can't you?

indicat, Artair Geal, Haz and 4 others like this.
  11. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Because it's retarded. and if you can't read my valid points and answer your own question you just asked me then I feel for you.

Walkerhart and Brandonavellano like this.
  12. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I voted in favor of the deck system. That said, i am sure Portalarium have the necessary metrics to know what system people are using most of the time. Even it is very possible that they know what system people prefer to PvP.

So i guess this poll is not really necessary :p.

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I have no problem with something new. I like the idea of being able to specialize in a line or 2. But I feel like I have to do this in 3-4 lines. Also don't feel like my proficiency are good enough if I spend 5 points in a fire ball it's the same fireball that guys with 1 have but I've paid like 6 skill points per and they paid only 1. Yea I get more of them but I could take 5 additional air spells for the same cost. I hate watching my screen to see if I get combos. I think my complaints are legit and more than just not wanting to truly new things.

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It is for the average person who does not have access to pprtalariums informatiom. Thus poll isn't for them it's for us.

Walkerhart likes this.
  15. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

And again I assume you've never even attempted pvp once in your life time. Yes the rotating deck is cool standing in 1 spot to hit monsters that dont move either.

Walkerhart likes this.
  16. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

As you apparently subscribe to the 'might makes right' and 'all for one, and that one is me' philosophies then I doubt seriously that actual concern for others gets much of a look-in. However that may be though - the reason I didn't respond to your 'valid points' is because I saw none to respond to.

This will be my last post regarding our little discussion here, if you would like to pm me regarding your apparent issues with me please feel free to do so.

Haz and Vyrin like this.
  17. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I personally think we should be allowed to have the best of both worlds without being punished... If someone likes to use the rotating system, let them... However people that want to play the game regularly with a locked system should not be punished 50% focus.. Like I said it's hard enough having to wait for each one of your spells to load before you can fight or buff.. I also think players with locked decks should have 2-3 decks of spells/attacks to choose from "f1 f2 f3" style like other games.

18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i cant vote as I am undecided. you need a third option, for those of us still waiting for balance.

19. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I don't have issues with you, you have issues with me because you didn't get your way in the challenge dungeon on release.. That's not my fault you have a sour attitude and a grudge, this isn't about that..

My points were very valid, you don't think it takes away from concentrating on whats going on in the game having to watch your random cards pop up the whole time you're playing? Oh thats right you stand in 1 spot to fight and you do not pvp, so it does make sense.

Walkerhart likes this.
  20. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

You dont know me. I PvPed a lot with the deck sytem and i liked the experience. Dont assume too much. There is so much wrong facts in your posts about topics that have been discussed already many times on the forums that i understand that nobody lure to argue with you. Your attitude doesnt make me want to argue with you anyways.

Maybe our efforts should be to deliver the right questions about this subject on the next hangout (Monday). I would love to hear Chris about the metrics gathered in R12.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.