Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Everything that made UO great....

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Unbeaten, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unbeaten

Unbeaten Avatar

Everything that launched UO as a great and still is talked about to this day on thousands of forums does not exisit in this game.........

1. You kill mobs and the only thing they drop that they are wearing is there weapon... Is everyone fighting naked? this added so much immersion and kept gear easy to stockpile which is needed in a FFA/Full loot game.

2. Open world less restrictive, FFA PvP with full loot. When Items are so easy to obtain outside of the vanquishing or super rare magical one's with a small competitive advantage and could be got on fun treasure map hunts or some super mob. Besides all that this is key to immersion and open world also includes less loading all this loading crap is like 1995 dated hell I think UO released and solved this problem??

3. Housing and skill bar / slug system is Awesome its the breath of fresh air that would be needed to launch a UO that beats old UO.

4. lackluster models.... I have no seen more than like 5 types of reskinned mobs holding like 5 types of weapons none drop two handed, I know, I know, its Alpha................ But 5 MILLION dollars got you that and they want like half a million to design and animate a horse....... I am sorry these 2005 graphics of a game should not cost so much with so little results.

5. Crafting I really enjoy it, I would like to see mines and still after 4 days I have not found any tree's I can harvest but that will be solved out of alpha I believe.

6. The website boast of a FULL GUILD SYSTEM. The System is this, you make a guild, someone right clicks and joins your guild, no interface or button to remove them or even quick party them. You have no Guild TAB just a section to show who is in the guild, no MOTD, no emblem... This is the weakest full guild system I have ever seen, its worse than UO's.

7. The reason I wont play and I played UO went to the actual reunions, got the T-shirt is the PvP and the imposed system is a joke. Making it where you never have to pvp is like saying you want to live life in a bubble never exposed to the outside air......

My final bids of advice is look at Darkfall Unholy Wars online.... They brought out a game so different from its first game but used it name and fanbase to grow that it flopped 75% losses in the first month. They just now remade the game without classes more sandbox and less "Rules" like you have ridden pvp with here like 10 pages of "rules" and the game has seen a 25% increase this month. So stick to what works and stop micromanaging us as players. I appreciate a game these days that leaves me in the dark and lets me learn it without big ? marks over peoples heads telling me how to play. But a world full of rules I dont care fore is pretty much the same thing, I want a world to play in, of payer rules and player earned respect, this is just garbage.

2. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

This Game is not UO(2) - it is a spiritual successor of all Ultimas. And it is still an alpha! Shroud of the Avatar will offer a story like in U4-U9 and also PvP and crafting. Because of the story PvP is consensual - don't worry, you can flag to open PvP and fight against every other player who is in open PvP also. SotA is definitely more as a sandbox game but you can still play the sandbox style if you like. You should inform yourself better before writing such abrasive criticism.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I have a feeling we will get a lot of these types of posts...especailly with the integration into steam now.

I'm glad they decided on the systems they have... not everyone enjoy's pvp and not everyone enjoys just pve....so this works.

4. monxter

monxter Avatar

Welcome to the forums,

I agree on the mob loot, I'd like to loot pieces of other gear as well, skeleton or kobold armor for example.

Guild system is not there yet, as you noticed, just the framework. "Full guild system" is what is going to be there later...

Due to the selective multiplayer system you'll be facing players with similar preferences. You want open pvp, you got it. In SoTA however, new players will not be forced into FFA PVP.
    You don't have to worry about those who don't want PVP, you may not even see them.

5. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Actually it is PRE-alpha... Alpha implies all systems are in, but need tweaking and bug patching...
    SotA is NOT feature-complete yet!

Jynx, Jordizzle, paulen and 5 others like this.
  6. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

7. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

This thread seems a bit short of "user created content"

What is it doing here?

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This is not UO, this is SotA. And I am very glad that this is not UO. Not everyone wants a UO 2.

But I agree with the loot thing. You should be able to loot the equipment the monster is using and wearing.

Bodhbh Dearg and Keira OFaolain like this.
  9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

And it should be unusable crap, But can be smelted for ingot portions or bandages if cloth or straps if leather or.. I got nothing for wood except firewood.

10. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Full loot = less loading?

That's the best full loot argument I've heard yet

Drocis Fondorlatos and Jordizzle like this.
  11. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

A nice idea! But gold from human beings is also fine.

12. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

on loot/drops... I heard them talking about even the drops/loot will contain player crafted items. So it is probably to early to judge that one.

13. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

no full loot , no adventuing (this game a have a map) ,too many loading zones , different spellbook from ultima online sadly , exploitable materials no mounted combat.
    not very scary dungeons, no tressure hunting ??

yes somehow its true, it miss too many good features from uo.

14. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Guys, no one said it will be a UO successor. I paid for it during Kickstarter, because its an spiritual successor of the Ultima Series. For me, thats a difference. But yes, that with the "scary" dungeons should be improved. I wrote some threads about immersion, interior of the dungeons and so on.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You know why....it isn't uo2...you know this full well....your points are also subjective. Full loot - not required. Adventuring - yes there is. Too many loading zones - sure at the moment load times are a bit long. Different spellbook? - don't care. Exploitable materials - most likely going to be worked on No mounted combat - need mounts for that. Scary dungeons? - we haven't seen anything yet. Treasure hunting - who knows.

I took the time to answer this, I'm hoping you don't repost the same points over and over....

Sir Cabirus and paulen like this.
  16. Abettik

Abettik Avatar

Actually, traditionally, this is how it works: Beta is feature-complete. Alpha is feature implementation (not-complete). Pre-Alpha (traditionally, this isn't even an actual term, but w/e, times changes) means features haven't even necessarily been decided upon (planning stages).

/petpeeves

17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Kool opinions. I'd say try again in a year and a month when game might be close to being finished, but even then it still won't be Ultima Online 2 so. . .

Lord Lonn likes this.
  18. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Avatar

I heard COD was supposed to be UO2 but the devs messed up. True story, bro.

MyRogerIsJolly likes this.
  19. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

It's pre-alpha.......It took me some time to realise this.

I pledged at about R9 & jumped in thinking I'd be playing a great game! I did not play a great game.

We are now at R12......I'm still not playing a great game.

If pre-alpha goes on to r2xxxx (insert number) I doubt I will be playing a great game. HOWEVER all of us that have pledged and stick with will end up with a great game.

Now, that said we may not & the concept and game may die!!! I would hope not but that is what "kickstarter" "pledges" are all about.......You place your trust in what you believe in.

You place trust in the developers, community & everything that comes with that.

You then slowly watch the game, world & community (most importantly) develop and grow together.

It took me a while to realise this , so sit back take the rough with the smooth and understand that the devs do listen.

Look up people in game, talk to them, click my link below & chat with DoD members and we will help you.

majoria70 and EMPstrike like this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

even with 1 billion dollars, things will Still take time ^^

I'd rather them take their time than to use all the money hiring 2,000 developers all trying to brainstorm the same idea 20,000 community memebers could instead.
    It saves money, and money saved is money we dont have to pay a month subscription fee for ^^

EDIT: P.S. many of the ideas in this game are run past the player community before they are implimented. thats why we are diggin this jam so hard ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.