Next test you should enable lot taxes.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hightower, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

As much as I do not want to pay, I have seen many plots that are claimed, but not used. Some I'm sure people purchased then quit playing. So no one can use those spots now.

paulen, smack, Leos and 5 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's a good idea.

I'd also like to see the cost of housing increase to what it will be once the game starts.

3. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Full costs might make it tough depending on the alpha cycle. Plus I don't think they are in a position to set absolute gold prices yet.

I'm more curious if the original plans of a global, interactive economy is still in the works. The whole, "sword crafted by a player ends up in a skeleton's bony hands and is looted by another player, etc"...still hasn't been seen...hope they aren't punting on that whole things.

Would love some tax info (think it would help push folks one way or the other) in terms of a % of overall lot cost?

Fox Cunning and Time Lord like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

If you read this recent article you'll find out that yes...the player economy dream is alive and well. :)

http://www.gamefront.com/starr-long-interview-from-ultima-online-to-shroud-of-the-avatar/

Time Lord likes this.
  5. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

damm english naves always wanting to tax the coloneys we should string him from a high tower:)

i don't know might be a bit early for that better solution might be to just open up more area and towns for us to explore and settle :)

Jatvardur, Time Lord and enderandrew like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

As per I believe the release notes, the current prices were raised to what they expect them to be when the game releases. Unless you were talking about taxes. ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Yeah, I know...I read that too. I was dissatisfied with that. I think the price is way too low.

Someone paying a $275 pledge for a row lot...or $85 in the add-on store...

I think that 25k is very very low when we compare it to the cash equivalent.

smack, Time Lord and E n v y like this.
  8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Completely agree.........as it stands you can grind your way to a house in less than 24 hours........that's just wrong.

9. Drocis the Devious

These are just play numbers...but instead of 25k...I'm thinking a Row Deed should cost more like 250k.

What Portalarium should be thinking is this....

People should be weighing their options. Is the easiest and fastest way to get a house in the game or in the add-on store? When you're talking about 25k...the answer is "in the game". The answer should be "in the add-on store".

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I will be protesting by tossing tea into the Kingsport harbor.

11. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

hum that would make a great player event we could also burn effigys of lord british:)

smack, Time Lord and enderandrew like this.
  12. enderandrew

If we can find a good substitute for tea in game (a reagent) then I'm all for this as an actually community in game event.

Dark Starr can lead the protest!

smack and Time Lord like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

+1 Lord British and Darkstarr Scarecrows :)!
    Good for use on the farm, or when they over tax the farm and you loose it :(...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

smack and Lord Baldrith like this.
  14. enderandrew

Are you saying their image will scare animals off?

smack and Time Lord like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol no please don't increase the cost of housing right now. It's ok if we are told approximates of what they would cost in game, and if not used then/or taxing is ok so someone else would have a chance at then. In my opinion if cost is 250K for this phase very few would get to test the housing.. I still don't have a house and I've been playing and playing, well most days. It doesn't have to be all real gaming right now so we can test it out.
    Anyway I am a spender lol Right now I am just using someone elses house when I want to craft and hang out for now, so I am not homeless.:cool:

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

I think the housing prices are fine, but they should be taxed, so if someone quits playing, and doesn't have the money, lot goes up for sale again.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. smack

smack Avatar

If there's going to be infrequent wipes, I definitely think there should be house decay, even at an accelerated pace beyond what launch will be since these are short durations, relatively speaking.

I also agree that both property lots and house prices should increase substantially. One of the possible reasons why there are claimed yet empty lots and undecorated homes is because it was so easy to obtain one and the perceived value wasn't high enough to do anything with it further beyond simply wanting one. And if players didn't have any more time to invest into the game, well that's yet another argument for accelerated house decay.

So yes to taxes and house decay, yes to increased prices for property lots and homes (houses, basements). We need both taxes and accelerated house decay implemented, since some players will have tax-free property deeds when pledge rewards get added to R13. If they're going to skip an entire release for example (and there isn't a wipe in the next one), their house and items should decay into their banks and the lot returned back into the pool.

Joviex and Time Lord like this.
  18. enderandrew

I would assume you won't lose a house in less than a month post-launch and if we're wiping in less than a month now, I don't know that we need it. If they need to test the system to see that it works, that is another story.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.