Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lot Prices - Too cheap!

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Arradin, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

(DISCLAIMER: YES This is testing in pre-alpha, but this forum is for Feedback on the current state of the game, and that is what im doing. I can only assume that things will stay as they are now)

Hello.

Based on the fact that Darkstarr wrote that " lot prices was increased x10 to better reflect what they would be around release " , i can only say on simple thing:

- House lots are WAY too cheap!

A village lot is currently 30,000 gold. This can be aqquired in one day of playing. Two if you take it slow.

I am worried about this all, because if this is somewhere around where house prices will end up, its only safe to assume that the rent for housing will be very easily obtainable on a monthly basis . Because i find it unlikely that the rent will be 100% or more of the cost of the acual lot.

So, based on what we CURRENTLY See, house prices are WAY too cheap.

StarLord, Sunswords, Hazard and 6 others like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

Well, village lot has the right monthly price imho, maybe bit too high. 10k perhaps?

Town lot should be 50k and City should be 250k or so.

The point is, who will be interested in Village lots if Town and City lots are only slightly more expensive?

That being said I hope that lot-deeds prices are not insanely high. It may be good for NPC towns but I do not want to grind for the lots in POT.

blaquerogue and Gaelis like this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

its not a monthly cost, we dont have that in yet.

It's 30k for the house deed to claim ownership of the house. I SERIOUSLY doubt that monthly costs will be 100% of the price for the deed, making it more likely that the monthly fee is around 10k per month.
    That is WAY too cheap, if you compared to how much they value the deeds on the addon store...

StarLord, Budner and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

Well, we do as the wipes so far were every month (or more often) :)

Though I agree that the firts price should be higher.

StarLord, KuBaTRiZeS and Duke Arradin like this.
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The other side of the equation is how fast gold is accumulated. As we get further along in persistence everyone will get a better indication of how quickly wealth will be accumulated. When episode 1 finally hits the price could be higher and the rate of accumulation could be lower than what we see right now. Not all of the gold sinks are in right now, nor are all the systems. We saw a new sink put in with this release, trainers. But the cost of training wasn't part of the dev test, so we don't know how this is going to influence gold accumulation. It easy to say that given the current rate of accumulation that they costs for lots is to low, and I'd probably agree. But only the dev's know for sure all of the sinks and faucets that are going to be in effect when all the systems are in play.

4EverLost likes this.
  6. iwanbo

iwanbo Avatar

Wasn't able to get on last night to check things out. :(

Question though: did the pledge rewards make it in-game this release? If they did, wouldn't the backers who have village/town/city lot deeds have them and not have to worry about the price of the lot?

Sir Lancelots likes this.
  7. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

NO, Pledges were not in this Release.

Duke Raas likes this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That has been pushed to a later release. It is in the instructions DarkStarr provided (and will probably be publicly available sometime today).

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed, there needs to be another zero on the end of that or loot needs to go waaaay down.

Me I don't think the price is at fault, it is how easy it is to loot gold. My opinion is that most MOBs should only have a minimum of cash, the rest of it should be items, which can be traded for gold. That would impair most of the farming while still be entertaining for ordinary players.

Me I also believe in diminishing returns whenever possible in markets.

For each sale the price should increase, slowly in the beginning and really fast in the end. The easiest way would be as a function of availability.

Say you want the first to go for 30k but the last for ~330k
    (price = 30 000 + 300 000*(%sold^2))
    so when 1% of all available lots have been sold they cost
    30 030
    (30 000 + 300 000 * (1%*1%))
    but when 50% of all available lots have been sold they cost
    105 000
    (30 000 + 300 000*(50%*50%))
    and when 99% of all available lots have been sold they cost
    324 030
    (30 000 + 300 000*(99%*99%))

Lord Baldrith, Duke Arradin and Net like this.
  10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hi all.

I asume as Lots are limited you all have not to worry about the Prices to optain them staying low very Long.
    Demand vs Availabiliy will determine the Price - not the NPC Price.

A secure ingame Transfer System - or even a real cash Transfer System will be maybe on day even required.

I have a Suggestion how to call that secure System in the Future: Andernut

Spoon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  11. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

The price for the lot itself isnt the main thing here.

It's the ingame tax, that need to reflect the value they have put on the houses and lots ( and pledges ) Prior to launch.

A City lot currently cost 60,000 gold ingame.
    A City lot on the Addon store cost 1000 Dollars.
    A City deed with no tax can be obtained at 3600 Dollars.

if we say that tax would be 50% of the cost ( Which sounds insanely high ) it would only be 30,000 per month in rent. Which can easily be obtained in a day.

How many years of rent would it take before the tax free lots pays off, based on the money you put into it , EVEN att the addon-store, you think?

12. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

@Myrcello I hope you're right but it's possible that the devs will set fixed prices so that new players have an achievable goal, and then open up new housing as demand threatens to overtake supply. If so, in-game prices may literally never rise, which means real cash prices may never rise much either.

Myrcello likes this.
  13. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You said it yourself: Its pre/alpha. No one said these are the final prices, they are merely increased for the next round of testing. Also, no one said the drops you are getting, esp. gold drops, will remain at the levels they are already.

Now, if you want to talk about farming characters for 500 gp a pop, we should move that off the "per character" creation as well (stick a 500g into the bank for the first character ever made, and never again) e.g.

Cheers.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  14. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Easy enough to calculate.

60k ingame @ 1k in dollars == 60gold per 1$ invested.
    60gold x 3600 US == 216000 gold.

216000 gold / 30k rent == 7.2 months.

Which means, if the gold farm stays as it is, you would be better off farming gold for a month (30k/day x 30 days) and buying 4x the lots with in game gold rather than US.

However, we dont know if these prices will remain, and if this simple calculus tells us anything, lots should be easily 4x-5x (more like 10x) the cost they are currently (again, IF gold farming stays at the same intake level).

They should 1/4th the gold gain, and 4x the lot cost to start.

15. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Here is from what darkstarr wrote:

" Price Increase: Houses and Lots are now 10 times more expensive to better reflect what we believe future pricing might be like. "

So i would say its a pretty good indicator how they want pricing to be. And even if its just a hint, its still enough to make me worried.

Even if we add another zero to the price, i still don't think its enough.

And this is feedback for the current build and the information we get about it. and as the quote from above is refering directly to future prices, it's something that should be adressed early.

StarLord, Koldar and Budner like this.
  16. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I agree. Which is "fine" given they also scale the gold gain way down.

If they 1/10th the amount of gold you get from mob kills, and selling junk, then no worries. Otherwise, yes, the price is so low bar entry that the entire real world sale of lots, with or without tax, is a slap in the face to those that already did it i.e. super de-valued.

Duke Arradin and Budner like this.
  17. Town-Portal

Town-Portal Avatar

I would prefer if obtaining a house would be pretty difficult. It was a big task for me in Ultima Online i remember.
    Now, i am a newbie in this game, and i did not even know lot's cost money, i thought you maybe just had to find a location, and place down your house.

Overall i just prefer if it is a hard task to obtain a house, and an insanely hard task to obtain a Castle+ (if that is even possible without pledging for it?).

And you are saying it is possible to farm 30.000 gold easily in 1 day, hmm, well... that is most certainly a huge change from good ol' Ultima. Maybe it is just for the Alpha, to give us gold to test with.

Lord Baldrith and Spoon like this.
  18. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

I agree that the prices of lots and houses should be higher.
    But I am very concerned about the monthly tax. Surely there are here people who are students or have plenty of free time to play SotA.
    Others like myself can play maybe once or twice a week, therefore you can imagine that I high monthly rent could be really hard to reach.

Bow Vale and Lord Baldrith like this.
  19. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

Sensei please teach me this wonderful way of obtaining this amount of gold, for I am a poor and feeble minded soul!

Hearse

20. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

I think just how fast the housing is filling up should be a good indicator to them for this.

In the end they will have this data and the data of how people where making money. So they will be able to make adjustments to these things after they have that info.

I believe they have just put in place holder pricing on things to get them in and will adjust for balance at a later time. And/Or they have purposely made it easy to make money with the most available mats so it speeds up getting money for testing.

That all said I do agree that housing has to take much more effort and time at release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.