Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lot Prices - Too cheap!

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Arradin, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

But they skewed the data by giving out millions of gold during the DEV+ pre-launch testing.

Tons of lots were already gone the 2nd/3rd day I was in the pre-test. So?

2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

The lots need to be cheap right now so that the housing and decoration systems can be tested. Testing is what these releases are for afterall.

Lord Baldrith, majoria70 and Mata like this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Obviously. But once again, i made this post because we needed to discuss this as devs said that this is what they think the prices will be close to by launch.

and i dont think we are ANYWHERE NEAR close to what the house prices need to be unless the tax is huge.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Shadefox

Shadefox Avatar

*EDIT* Tired, didnt read through properly, sorry! */edit*

Seems like 80% of the lots been taken a good while, so dont think its not tested. Row deeds still in good availability, and it doesnt take more than 4-8 hours to afford it if one focus. ANd most row lots come with a house placed, so 20K is all one need.

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

A not fanatic player should be able to afford a lot+house after 1 month of playing.

6. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

I want to know what everyone ELSE was doing to gain 30k gold in a day or two. My wife and I played maybe 15hrs together and I probably played another 5+hrs by myself sporadically since the launch of R12 and we *JUST* got $30k yesterday.

What are we doing wrong other than just playing and not using any cheats/bugs?

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Go North Ravenswood

Go to the bandit area by the water......just circle the area, harvest everything you can, kill all the bandits and loot everything the spawn rate is fast. Then just sell everything.

That's how I make gold because it's really easy....probably do around 4k an hour it something like that.

Joviex likes this.
  8. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Still... Even after all that madness there was still many lots open. Mostly the lots in cities where taken up. I did not start until after that and when I put my house in Holtrot there was only like 4 places even taken. Since then though all the spots have filled.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Imo we all know how much lots cost in $. Just convert the $ into time to earn based on minimum wage if average wage etc. Work out the average gold collection rate in the game per hour (Portalarium will have stats), then multiply that by the time it would take to earn enough money to purchase the house from the store. job done.

10. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

For me it started with crafting a couple leather bodies and selling them.

I then started buying things from the vendors that I could use for profit.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh it is way too early to worry about the in game economics, but very good to voice your thoughts on it. It took me a few days to discover how to get money in game and get a house, but I am good now.
    If anyone needs help don't hesitate to ask me too ;)

I do agree we have to be able to test the systems, so we can't have all the actual true game feel right now, plus there are secrets we don't get to know so it won't be spoiled for us.;)

So much wonderfulness is not in place yet. Like fishing, treasure hunting, taming, the ability to drop items, so much more world, more and more items placed in game, optimizations, and main content.

A hearty welcome to all the newcomers. **Majoria curtsies** :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  12. HereticZero

HereticZero Avatar

Here's my new player perspective.

I've been playing for about 4 days. (About 5 hours a day).

I currently have 6k gold, and that's mostly because someone gave me 5k. Not sure how everyone else is making money as easy as it sounds you are but it's not happening for me. There's only 1 quest I've been able to find to complete, that gave me 500g when I first started.

I still have no idea where or how to buy house deeds or even what the real cost of them is. :p

4EverLost likes this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The best ways of earning gold vary from release to release. In R16 it is not as easy to acquire gold as in the previous few releases. I'm still living off the gold I acquired in R14 and R15. :) Elves no longer drop swords worth over 1000 gold, but it is easy to find prey that have swords worth 130 gold. Of course, the blacksmith will only pay you half of that. Gems can be harvested in several places (Graff gem mines, Necropolis, Owl's Nest, etc.). Mostly one finds slivers, but so many that it is worth selling them to an alchemist (e.g. in Kingsport or Ardoris). Rare drops are uncut gems worth 200 gold. You can craft with the red and blue ones, the others you can sell.

Lot deeds and house deeds are sold in Owl's Head or Solania upstairs in the bank building. Don't buy in Solania - the price is double (at least for the lots).

This can all change in R17 at the end of the month when everyone will have to start over from scratch. That is the most fun in a new release -)

Mata likes this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

depends on the blacksmith! sell to theo in owl's head or annika in soltown.

Mata, Net and Kara Brae like this.
  15. HereticZero

HereticZero Avatar

Ok well we just found where you buy a deed, so a village deed is only 60,000 gold. So I only have 55,000 gold to go. o_O

Mata likes this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

There is about two weeks left until the next wipe which will reset our characters and belongings.

If you during that time want to test out housing and find getting gold a bit tough early on then there are several players, including me, who could simply give you such a deed.
    If you are one of those who want to earn things, then just ignore that offer. But otherwise check out the forums and in chat write
    /friend Spoon
    and other friendly folks. That way you can use the F key interface to see who is online and right click their name to start a Whisper conversation wherever they are.

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.