1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Player Property Inactivity Timer starting Wed Dec 10

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Starting this Wednesday December 10, at 10 AM CST (16:00 GMT) we will begin the Player Property Inactivity Timer and it will be set to 7 days. That means if The Owner of a lot has not logged in or no one with permission has moved decorations on the property in more than 7 days then all the items will go into the owner's bank (type /bank in chat to recover them) and the owner will lose their claim on the lot (including the gold spent on it). To reset the timer the owner needs to login or a decorative object needs to be moved on the property (any player who has permission to move objects qualifies; does not require the owner to move the object). We are putting this in to make sure that claimed property is being actively used during our testing.

-Darkstarr

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Excellent. :)

3. Leviathan Alestorm

Leviathan Alestorm Avatar

Much needed and great addition

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

So will there be wipe on Dec 18th for release 13? If there is...this is the worst threat ever! Glad the system will be in place though.

5. smack

smack Avatar

Woo hoo! I think 7 days seems like enough time.

Any plans on testing the property tax too? It would also give us a sense for what you're considering, now that you've also increased property prices in-game to test that pricing.

6. DarkStarr

We are still not committed either way on a wipe. Trying to avoid one if we can.

7. DarkStarr

No property tax for R13

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'll be sure to tell my New Britannian accountant about the R13 exemption. :)

9. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

How awesome would a decay status on the sign be? "This house is in danger of collapsing..."

10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

that would be a bummer. I know I'm not the only person who has avoided getting a lot until R13, because the previous information was that there would be a wipe. If there is no wipe, that almost guarantees no good lots available for our pledge reward lot deeds.

11. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

:D

James T. Cook and blaquerogue like this.
  12. Hawkwind_AtlanticUO

Hawkwind_AtlanticUO Avatar

dont worry I'm sure there will be plenty of wipes in the near future! Would be nice if we could keep our characters though, wiping the rest would be just fine by me :)

13. smack

smack Avatar

While a cool idea, there are pros and cons for this. Would benefit those individual players who would like a home, so if they see this they can make a note of it and come back later vs. just hoping to find one randomly. But it would also drive a form of "spawn camping" but for empty lots. Well organized groups could eat up property this way if they knew where and when houses were going to decay.

But if they do add any decay indicator, I'd propose rat infestation. Your food on tables would be eaten / spoiled and you might find dead rats in your cupboards and chests that contain food.

Womby, Sir Cabirus, TEK and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

this is exactly 100% what would happen.

15. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

You should add a tax anyway, just to be sure. ;)

mbomber likes this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

SO if I log in but don't move anything in my house will it still fall or just logging in save my house. If my house falls because I dint move anything, and I play daily someone better give me my house back.
    And If there is a Duke or LoM lot out there not claimed by a Duke or LoM and we get our pledge stuff - ????? Just Saying :)

17. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

I am really miffed with all this misinformation re lots and pledge items, enough so that I did not add to my pledge level and bought another ship in star citizen. Not having access to some of the game gold being given away and not having time to grind up enough gold for lots etc. The blush is off the rose for me and this game.

18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Awesome news! Glad to hear you are paying attention to your testers! I will have to make an add-on store purchase to celebrate. It was very kind of you to help out new citizens during R12 by handing out gold to those who were actually testing the game! I hope this continues in future testing releases. This game keeps getting better and better with every release. SotA is going to be an amazing adventure, and i cannot wait to share it with all of you.

19. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

20. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

This is a great idea, when i saw so many homes pop up on takeoff I knew what was happening which is not a issue, the houses and property are not not that big of issue for me at pre alpha. I would have chased after getting the money to pop up a home ect but did not see the point so I went to crafting and soloed all the events as best I could instead. Maybe Ill try and get the money to pop one up, i did in R11.

Helping set the stage for better testing is a great idea. I look more at time, fps, physics, graphics, storyline ect. I already bought my home and lot and addons so I am all set. 8 } A town or getting into one will be in the works later on.

Keep up the great work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.