Feedback for my feedback!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by hearsehauler, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

I do not have backer privilege to post this where I think it should be...so it's being posted here!

When ever any of us report a bug...I think it would be nice if there was some sort of feedback from the Dev's (linked to that report) acknowledging that the report has at least been reviewed and either flagged for further scrutiny, or killed (for what ever reason).

I have not been able to find anything that states that this is already being done...but my search parameter may not be inclusive enough to find this info.

Comments on furthering this idea, or related info welcome...please! Maybe we could even round up a volunteer group that goes out and validates initial reports to potentially cut down on the number the dev's have to look at or at least validate the report from more than one source.

Hearse

Time Lord likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The Dev+ forums and such are more for backers to discuss community contributions with the asset packs made available to Dev+ members. The actual Portalarium developers read all the forums. I bet Starr has posted more in the General Forums than anywhere else.

I understand that it would be nice to get reassurances that our bug reports matter with them taking the time to respond to each one. But that means it would take longer for them to go through the bug report forums.

Do I know for a fact that every single post in the R12 Feedback forums are being read by the appropriate devs? I don't. But I do see things getting fixed with each release.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

While it would be great to have 100% acknowledgement, even a +Like for each bug they read, I had no real expectations of them doing so.

But, there was a good spike in Dev posts in the R11 and R12 bug forums recently, so at least they're trying whenever they can.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome hearsehauler. I do know what you mean and I hear you. The bug posts are still really important and they do need them and they do read them.
    I believe since they are such a small team that they may not always have time to comment on every single thing. I have seen them respond, so sometimes they do.
    Like I reported what I thought was a bug and got a comment from the Dev say that what I reported was not a bug but intentional. I know they do read all the bug reports.
    that is what they are there for to fix things and improve the game performance. If you have a special need from your bug report or an issue you need an answer from
    Do not hesitate to PM a Dev or submit a note to portalarium.com. They really are here with us and for us. :)

Time Lord and Stahlknecht like this.
  5. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

spending time on forums eats up a lot of time

they only have so much time to code this game

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  6. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

Thanx all for the feedback :)

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  7. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I think it's because they are using a forum for bug reports rather than a support ticket system.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. enderandrew

They have a proper bug tracker behind the scenes. It just isn't open to the public.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

They should have one open to the public then.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. enderandrew

That's what the feedback forums are for.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.