Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Overland Map walking speed

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Sinclair, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Hi Portalarium team,
    is it possible to increase a bit the walking speed when i "walk" across the overland map? Its partially very, very slow... a bit faster pls.... :)

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I think it actually got a bit faster walking around on the map this round - at least for me.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

If you walk on the road it is faster...there is different walking speeds for terrain.

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I know, but there is not everywhere a road. I mean this in general for all routes except the road.

5. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I don't mind the slow pace across forest and hills, etc. Seems faster this release anyway.

What bugs me is the invisible and seemingly illogical invisible walls that we run into. Heck, just let us walk all over, if it's a very high mountain peak, slow me down to a crawl...but let me pass....

gtesser, Terminator and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

I am sorry but I have have to....
    In my best Gandalf voice.... YOU SHALL NOT PASS... fly you fools.

majoria70 likes this.
  7. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Thats right, there should be a solution for the "invisible walls". Why is it invisible? I think there is no need??

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I want to be able to walk everywhere on the map. The speed has increased tons since we first got the map and I don't mind if it gets faster, in fact I would be so happy. I would like to be able to jaywalk and cut corners, climb over mountains more and not slow down so drastically if I try. It shouldn't be torture on the map. I also loved the little wagons running around on the map in the first videos presented by protalarium when they first mentioned the idea of the map system to the public.;)

9. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Fully agree. I also loved the wagons :) Could be also some birds flying around an so on...a bit more dynamic ..a living map. But i also like the style of the overland map. In general i am glad how the progress is so far.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol@sinclair and where is the dragon flying overhead from the video. I love dragons.;)

11. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

The dragon was the coolest, hope that kind of indication returns to the overland map someday (dragons, or large bandit camps, etc)

majoria70 likes this.
  12. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

While i appreciate the variability of walking speed for the overland map, i have to ask why bother doing it? As a feature what does it actually bring to the game? I know it slows me down when going from place to place, but aside from that I'm hard pressed to find the relevant value to the playing experience.

Thoughts?

Fenris

13. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah I hope they fix these invisible walls on the overworld map.

I'm kind of torn on making travel slower over forest or dirt roads as the overworld map is currently implemented. It would seem logical but I was hoping for a more risk/reward thing. You want to cut across Deep Ravenswood to save some time to get to Kingsport from Braemar? Go for it, as it should be quicker but the random encounter chance will be higher. Instead there's no reward for cutting across. I timed running from between Kingsport and Braemar using the roads vs. cutting across and you only save like 5 seconds. So why risk cutting across? I did the same timing between Kingsport and Owl's Head, cutting across Graymark Forest vs. the roads and the time was nearly the same. Again, no reward (faster travel time) vs risk (higher random encounter %).

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

it slows you down and makes you more likely to get attack....it doesn't give you a benefit, but like some things in games it isn't supposed to. It is there as an obstacle to overcome.

Set it to fasst people will complain...too slow people will complain, make it go away people will complain...people don't want obstacles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.