OPEN PvP vs SELECTIVE PvP ** YOUR VOTE MATTERS ** [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Hexus, Dec 26, 2014.

?

OPEN PvP vs SELECTIVE PvP ** YOUR VOTE MATTERS **

1. OPEN PvP

39.4%
  2. SELECTIVE PvP

60.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yes I voted open PVP because i like that option the best, and not so i can go around pking low level characters! I enjoy myself in Open PVP. and i would play it! :) just my opinion!
    since there was no other option to pick besides one or the other i picked the one i liked the best! besides that if this poll really mattered, Selective PVP has won by a long shot! LOL I'd also play that as well, but i couldn't pick both :)

2. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

If the game was open PVP I wouldn't be playing it.

As you say, my choice would be taken away, so only option to choose would be not to play it.

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I understand what you are saying, in fact i went back and redid that post, because i didn't want it to sound bad. I honestly respect your choice :)

Sir Cabirus and lollie like this.
  4. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Two against one, against an unarmed player. LOL Is that this risk vs. reward thing? And you expect a polite talk after killing him? Sounds funny.

5. Logain

Logain Avatar

As you kind of went away from your own goal to keep the thread discussion free by posting and joining the discussion yourself, I'm going to add my two cents as well.
    I voted consensual PvP, but I'd play open PvP as well (been there and done that with worse punishments for years). I simply do not want to force anything on the many very kind and nice people people around here that I'd have the honour to meet.
    However, please allow me to ask, instead of a poll on a subject that (since the day of Kickstarter) was assured to backers (see quote in this thread) won't change, why not have a constructive feedback gathering instead and ask for ways to add incentive for PvP, ask for ways to handle and include PvP in the player instance selection algorithm and ask for innovative input on how to revert the choice to be PvP? These are things you can change and influence.

majoria70 and Sir Cabirus like this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Ok, I understand that you did this as a test. But why. You state that you would know the outcome. You consensually flagged yourself for pvp, went to a known pvp area, you knew the types of players that would be in that area, and you got what you expected you would get. Then you come to the forums and call out people that have consensually flagged for pvp just like you and you got attacked. I know that you are just making a point but why make it personal? Your opinion could have been stated without labeling people doing what pvp people do. I am not trying to demean you or your post in anyway, just trying to understand your reason for naming people.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  7. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Just to expand the point a bit more, you were flagged PvP, in a known PvP area. at this point in time we can't see if your armed or not... even in combat the lack of a visible weapon could be nothing more then a graphics error... Its been my experience that if you say hey im not in a position to fight right now 99% will respect that... even known Pkrs or atleast they do with me... but then at such times I try to have someone with me to handle things if im wrong

8. BayneRav

BayneRav Avatar

I want PvP, yet no idea what the differances are. Open-roaming PvP, AND conflicting control of lands PvP, sorta like a battle royale... really it gives an additional incentive to join a town. Ofcource for the open-roaming should be a set of strict guidelines... that is to say can not flee to unhostile lands

I speak in regards to Banners, each Banner has control of said towns, each town is either a haven or a jail/whatever guards will enforce upon hostile PvPer enters said towns, forcing them to have to setup domains of control to PvP.

THIS IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE, the battle royale over warring banners is over sub-domained towns for control causing a shift... yet to decide on an arbitrary limit on how many towns a banner can have... or if there can be neutral towns that are not affiliated to one, yet i hope that the PvP interests would not influxed on grifting and slaughtering newbs...

Which i think will prevent the starter region off-limits for PvP and have to move to the main region...If there even is one...

Otherwise idk what the reason for PvP is besides honor and power over supression, vs protector or really what? could there be alliances of multiple banners? whats to say it can not be a real interesting being assigned by association of having pot of land in said town with one banner, only to notice they were beaten back and lost that town, while the owner of that pot is forced to do nothing besides join that victorious banner.

Well thats the only reason i will support PvP otherwise its completely pointless and might as well be chocked up to a PvP arena.

What is this about no opinions?

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  9. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

'xactly...won't happen here. Devs are silly at times but they are far from stupid. I'm sure the "it will matter" polls will continue but they really don't.

10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Owl's head is a known PVP area?

Sir Cabirus and Net like this.
  11. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Its not a open pvp area, but yes it is known that a lot of PvP goes on their...

12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

And, there is no issue that a major town is pvp like that....

Meaning that, in a town you would think it wouldn't be attack on sight.

13. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I dont see one no, what would be the point of flags if its ment to be contained to one area? If thats your theroy what then is the point of not dividing the community?

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So what open pvp means in that case is attack anyone on site all the time. I think the point he was trying to make is you can't be open pvp without that happening....he basically walked into town and was killed. How does that come across as realism?

Logain, Sir Cabirus and Net like this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So that never happens in the world?

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    It may not come across as realism, but it should be expected, as he stated he was expecting that. I see his point, but why name people for doing what they do, in the format required for such actions? they are not breaking any game mechanics. Sure some say that it is morally wrong, but morals are subjective to the person who holds them.

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Maybe down dark alleys or areas you wouldn't normally go....not out in the open with a bunch of people around. That argument is flawed.

Net likes this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Really? you really think that?

I guess some people lead such a sheltered life through immersion in games that they have absolutely no idea what happens around the world on a daily basis.

19. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Seriously Heavy Smoker, I never got a word out before you and your compatriots fireballs and death drains hit me.. so please do not twist this post into something its not. What I said was keyed up to display if you did attack again with out provocation, and yes I did hit it in the middle of your fireballs on purpose.. so please don't distort facts with half truths.

the point of that little experiment was that the griefing from the early days of UO where a simple merchant or miner could do nothing in the game without constant harassment would be repeated. And you proved that in spades.

20. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I understood what he meant, I was just stating my experience in simmiler circumstance.
    The fact remains it isnt open world PvP unless you choose it to be yourself. Since it is a choice you make why should it be limited to a particuer area as you implied?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.