Shabby pledge village homes

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by FanofIolo, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

I love the Citizen and Edelmann village homes from the outside. They are cute and quaint and add much more to a village atmosphere than the big stone keep thingies that overpopulate every village. On the inside, however, they look like fix-er-uppers. The citizen home even only has a dirt floor. I'm hoping that this is an indication that later on there will be an option to renovate homes. Have the devs talked about that?

2. Haukeye

Haukeye Avatar

Yes, it would be so cool to be able to change stuff like flooring or wallpaper etc. :)

3. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

This was one of the best things about housing in Lord of the Rings Online.

4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

It would not be outside the realm of possibility to request an update to the lower tier pledge houses. They have already tweaked and fixed lord and knight housing. They are still making fixes to the Duke level. Since row housing has been introduced, the village houses have needed improvements. I personally think that they already had plans to make them a little bit larger and clean them up graphically. And I would think that Village would be the first ones to be fixed since they will impact a larger number of people, and also draw in more people with the improved layout and design, but that's just me.

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I said exactly tge same thing...give us a house with a loft or something...

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Being able to renovate would be super awesome and fun.

7. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

I think renovating would be a neat feature for Ep.2, I don't think making the houses larger at this point would be beneficial. I think the average house size is already very large.

rune_74 likes this.
  8. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I just mention increasing the size of some village houses because the larger row houses actually have more floor and wall space. Since they were made before row houses were introduced, the team definitely got better at design in the meantime.

9. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

Personally I feel that the houses that we buy should be a starter, and that we can edit and remodel from that starting point, the graphical system in Ultima Online that allowed everyone ot design their own home ot their personal liking with millions of possibilities is by far the best housing engine ive ever experienced

10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

That is what Shards Online promises, but they are very far from delivering on that.

11. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Extensions, lofts, lean-tos, conservatories, balconies, decking, etc - ways to customise or make modular housing but keep the style of the games graphics I like, along with room layout choices, window designs, brick patterns, types of timber and so on.

Truly modular housing like UO I do not, yes there were great houses but living in between two rainbow coloured designs from pre-school or next to a giant turd, borg cube or gentleman sausage is just plain bad.

If they do resort to adding fully customisable homes then I think it should be limited to POTs and at the POT owners discretion to enable them.

12. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I can agree as I was shocked when I stepped inside a Citizen house. What I have decided is that the pledge is for the rent-free Village lot deeds and not really for the house that comes with the pledge. I expect to purchase different houses for Village lots and I suspect Portalarium is just fine with the disincentive to use the Village pledge houses that come with pledges.

13. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The only reason I disagree with the "disincentive" idea is because of the lengths they go to in making current pledgers happy. It'll prolly get fixed up.

14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think a lot of people agree with the OP. Those 2 pledge houses need some love. The houses need a facelift.
    These are the two pics I suggested would be a nice update to them both. Something to this effect, of course I know they can't be exactly like these.
    Citizen
    [​IMG]
    Edelman
    [​IMG]

15. Archibald Leatherneck

I hope you are correct; however, we have a saying about hoping in one hand and ...

It may very well happen but I don't think it will happen anytime soon while it would take away from the Add-on Store. They seem to be clearing out Add-on Store housing and I don't recall any additional houses being added so perhaps it is coming down the road.

licemeat likes this.
  16. Archibald Leatherneck

Just a thought... part of the "value" of any pledge house is the exclusivity of the design. Pledge houses do not have to be all things. One could argue that Citizen Village pledge houses are the least exclusive (with exception for Row pledge houses) as all Citizen pledges and higher pledges get a Benefactor Citizen Village pledge house; however, it is still a limited quantity of that design for what I assume will be a more abundant lot size than the larger lots.

17. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Perhaps. I'm just not sure that an exclusive design is enough reason, by itself, only because the design has to have some inherent value (layout, floor space, functionality, etc.) to make the exclusivity matter. But, I'm sure there are people who would spend money just for the rarity of an otherwise useless item...(UO's rare horse dung anyone?)

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

"Rares" tend to become valuable beyond any reason. There are things in the Founder's pledge packages that I'm sure in a few years will be worth a king's ransom... Crystal Swords? Very few of them ever, and fewer every time someone decides to use one.

19. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

Today I noticed that in addition to having a dirt floor and grungy walls, the citizen village home has dirty window panes. Unlike with other homes, you can't see out the windows, they are so filthy. On the pledge page the house is described as being "upscale". Makes me wonder where the devs live :rolleyes:

Still like the outside though and am sticking with it!

20. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, my 2 cents is maybe, maybe a half level inside the edelman would be nice you know like a loft.

I would like to avoid the trend to McMansions. I know some of us may have lived, grew up, or own a house like that now but this is a fantasy game that's supposed to take some cues from the medieval period and the majority of people didn't actually live in very nice houses...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.