Where buy an Aether Vibration Amplifier.

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Jurten, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jurten

Jurten Avatar

Hi all! I'm looking for a vendor who sells an Aether Vibration Amplifier but i couldn't find one. I know that Harry in kingsport had it in release 13 but not now.

Do yo know where to buy it in this relese?

Thank you very much.

Archibald Leatherneck and Tahru like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I think this is a pledge reward. I found mine in my bank.

Archibald Leatherneck and lollie like this.
  3. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

I believe the Decorations Vendors in Owl's Head have them. They are a pledge reward so many people have them, but I believe the cost is 2000 gold from a Vendor.

4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

They are no longer sold by NPCs this release (R14). Only given as pledge rewards now.

5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Still, I want like 6 more! Having to move mine around whilst decorating my pad is no fun. Sad state when my biggest prob is not enough radios.:)

lollie and Archibald Leatherneck like this.
  6. Jurten

Jurten Avatar

Oh bad luck for me then. Thank you for the answers!

lollie and Tahru like this.
  7. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Would be nice if we could /claim as many of the pledge reward items and addon shop items as we wanted, they are worth 0 gold so could not be exploited as a way to make easy money from an NPC, and the subsequent ones we /claim beyond one ORIGINAL kept in our bags could also become untradeable (and could be labelled "COPY") so we couldn't make infinite cash off selling them to other players.

Hahabangbang likes this.
  8. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Agreed Lollie. Maybe 1 per Rent Free Lot Deed, or just one per lot deed (rent free or not). Make 'em worthless or just Bind 'em to ones character. Either way this is one of the things we should eventually be able to buy. New people are gonna want tunes too!

9. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Good Day my friends and this has made me smile! Yet, yes it is disheartening to state that the amplifier is at present a pledge reward. There will be a time that this item is supposed to be craftable.

For those that are unable to upgrade your pledge to have this item as a pledge reward. Might I recommend "AvatarsRadio.com" I hear they have a website where people can listen while outside of game as well as in game. I also hear they will be updating this site soon (tm) .

Hope that helps. I would like to also see it in game as a sellable/buyable item

@DarkStarr - would this be possible?

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

While we would love to make this more widely available we are concerned that there would be some backers who would find this offensive since it is listed as an exclusive pledge reward.

11. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Much respect my Liege, thank you for your response. This is indeed what was my original thought. I was shocked when I heard that their may be consideration of it being craft-able (I had not thought this was going to be a thing previously). Your response to this inquiry is most appreciated from myself and most certainly from those that now have their answer.

12. Jurten

Jurten Avatar

Then, an idea for this, you can put the Aether Vibration Amplifier as you only can buy it in the web store with real money. And maybe this fact would give a percentaje of money as a donation for Avatars Radio.

It's just an idea. Thank you!

Edit: ok, i see the Aether as a reward for Develorper's Pledge. So i understand that you cannot craft it. Thanks and sorry! :p

Lord Baldrith and Amber Raine like this.
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I don't see this as an issue. Just make a different radio that has a variety of radio stations. The pledge reward does not say it is going to be the only earthbound communication device. Avatarsradio is really great so that is where mine will be tuned (except when rap music is on), but there will be as many musical tastes as there are players.

14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Perhaps if a different version was added , and the pledge reward version had a greater range and different appearance? These devices have a huge value for events and i think even those who did not pledge should have access to them (i pledged and have one).

Gaelis, lollie, Lord Baldrith and 2 others like this.
  15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I would be one of the backers that found it offensive. Not because I don't want everyone to share in the greatness that is the radio. But because it's exclusive - that has to mean something or else future exclusive items will not retain the same value.

Case in point, I immediately purchased the Special Edition Jester Carnival Mask because it's "special" and will only be "available until March 31st". If this item were to repopulate or be available in the game using in-game gold after March 31st, it would devalue the item for me.

I think Portalarium has done a good job so far understanding the "spirit" of each purchased item and honoring the exclusiveness appropriately.

I think the lesson here is, it's a good idea to pledge if you want these items.

16. Drocis the Devious

I agree that there's a lot of good that could come from having MANY of these radios in the game. But we have to weigh that against Portalrium's ability to attract future revenue. If we start to pick items that are no longer truly exclusive (but should be) then people will just assume that if they ask enough the devs will cave in and give them stuff that they're not entitled to receive.

One solution might be to provide some PUBLIC radios for people to use. Like in a town hall or community center. I think that's a good idea.

17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I think you may be taking this too far in this particular case. You are effectively saying to everyone that no matter what they do in the game, they cannot have music. Music is a major part of humanity. The pledge reward does not give exclusive access to music, it give that particular brand of radio. Preventing the banning of music is like banning all painting because you got one as a reward.

18. Drocis the Devious

I'm not banning music, I'm saying the distribution of music should be public for those that didn't pledge.

19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That is the same as banning.

amaasing and Jurten like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

No, you can always buy a radio from someone that pledged. Or you can listen to music in a public place. Or you can turn on your radio at home and turn down your SOTA sound effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.