Waterfronts for non Founders and more Pirat stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Edward Newgate, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Hello

I recently pledgd to the Edelmann level.
    I was realy disappointed when i found out that only Founders would get waterfront Homes.
    This is realy a bummer.

My problem was that there where only water lots left, so trying out the housing wasnt possible at first.
    Our Guild leader helped me out and gave me his light hous. so i could try it out.

But still the dissappointment didnt got away.

I know founders should be have somthing special but pls give nonfounders atleast 1 waterfront home, even if it looks differnt. I realy wished i did know earlyer about this game but i didnt so there was no chanze.

Maby we could ge a small boat or a smuggler/pirat nesst with the Citz. or Edleman level. Or maby by the shop or ingame. MORE EPIC PIRAT STUFF!! I realy love Pirats. From little Pirat nests to shipwracks that build into homes, it would realy owsem to have somthing like that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I'm sorry for you, but
    No Waterfront Homes for Benefactor.
    It was promised Founders only and would devalue the Founders Pledge.

3. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

that means there would be never waterfront homes ingame? that mast be joke right?

that the ones wich are ingame right know are only for Founders ok but no Waterfronts at all would be a dealbraker for me a big one

Tahru likes this.
  4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

We dont know what will come with future episodes, but for now, no.

Tahru likes this.
  5. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

That stubit sorry

Right now every one take village lots like drugabuse.
    There are only waterlots left.

So i have the right to have a waterlot but no way to buy or get a water homefront?

They only way would be from a palyer and if this would stay so the Founders bonus would be way to huge. (and the real money prices to get one would be sykrockeding)

Sorry if such things would stay that way i think over time peaple would leave.

I have no problem that they have titels ingame decos or pets or houses that are unig this is totally ok with me, but this would be to huge.

As i said in my original post i dont must be in the pledg level, its allsow ok to get them ingame or in the shop for more money founding would cool to but restrikt it only to founders... not iam realy dissapointed if this is true

Tahru likes this.
  6. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

No
    "
    Water Lots: For R14, Water Lot claiming is available to all players who have Village Lot Deeds (or larger). Starting in R15 only Citizen Founders (or higher) can claim water lots.
    "

7. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Damnnnnn mate, let a brother down easy will ya? Captain Jack kids, he is guessing that was a bit of a language barrier.

Captain Jack wonders if @enderandrew has included the fact about waterfront property in the FAQ yet with the pledge levels?

Miracle Dragon, Tahru and licemeat like this.
  8. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Well i start to understanding wy some player think about quitting. this is unfair as hell
    I bought the Edelmann not only for the bonus i would get but allsow to supporting that game wich i thought is great.

I realy enjoy the game, thinks like that, take big enjoyment away.

This is unfair for every one wich is not a founder. Such a big think shouldnt exist.
    A player who cames in this game, and want to try to buy and decorate there own house,
    cant do that. All Lots would be taken, the only lots left would be water lots, wich cant be taken now.

If this would be stay only in the alpha this would be still bad news. It takes a way the possibility to try out a huge game mechanik.

This let me wish i wouldnt have invested so much money and i can prommis right now if there is such differents in gameplay exp for new players , this could turn away a big number of them.
    I think this could be a beg hit to balance, gameplay and ecnommy

Beli Mawr and Tahru like this.
  9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

No jumping. Ok, we'll add jumping.
    No extra character slots. Ok, we'll give you up to 3.
    If you don't pledge $500 to get housing during Kickstarter, you might miss out. Just kidding. There's no limit.
    In fact, we'll add a more affordable tier of housing.
    Player characters will all be human. Ok, we'll add an elf race as a stretch goal.

You get what I'm saying.

10. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I get your point.
    And by the way, i whish it would be only humens. Wy? the point is we play our selfs who get sucked in intos this world. Is one of us an elf?
    But even they change the water fronts later, right now you cant test every thing in the game cous they take it away.

as i said iam realy great pirat fan, and my plan was to get a hous on a little island (like in the pic) and a ship (if the streath goal (that for what reason ever is a singel streath goal) is reached) to crusing around.
    if this will stay that way i would try to sell my account and quit... and this would hurt me cous i love so much about the game and the ideas behind it es well as the peaple ingame.

11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

1. It has been stated that there will not only be enough lots to cover pledged deeds at launch, but also a certain additional amount to ensure there is non-pledged housing available AT LAUNCH.
    2. There are already hundreds of lots that will not be waterfront. I am sorry you feel that this infringes on your ability to play the game if you don't get access to a waterfront lot, but I honestly can't see how. The only part of the mechanic you can't try out right now is the housing, and trust me, there are a significant number of us who ARE founders that didn't get a chance to try out nearly what we would have liked! As a matter of fact, the reason you are able to even see that lot as open, is probably due to the timer that automatically vacates the lot just so others MIGHT have a chance to try it out, since pretty much every lot available was claimed within the first two days of R15 going live.
    3. It is Pre-Alpha/Beta right now... game launch isn't for at least 6 months to a year. There will be much change over the intervening months. Please don't get so wound up over something like this so early. Feel free to post your feedback, but let's not shut any doors marked "I'm outta here".

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr and Tahru like this.
  12. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I would live there!

Themo Lock and Miracle Dragon like this.
  13. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Its not like change it or i quit. this is not a blackmailing.
    I wanted to be in game a pirat. for me this owuld be a big gamebreaker.

And each founder should see how unfair this would be later on. A founder gets a huge advanteg REALY HUGE, since properties are rare. Wy?
    Think about that that way. First of founders can pick first normal lots. from the smallest to the biggest.
    Then the Benefactor would start claiming there lots.
    Then the players wich dont had the money to support the game or are new, would start rushing to get coinis to pick what is left.

But than the Founders (wich every one will take normal lots and not waterlots) can take there time to buy every singel waterlot is left.

This would bring us to the point where the human greedyness kicks in.
    If allowd or not allowd for realy money or TONS AND TONS of ingame goald they would rent there waterfront lots and houeses to the player wich never ever had the chance to buy it.
    From that point on the economy would take a major hit. Each found would get so much gold that they would get way to much advantage for them selfs or the guild.

maby know you get the point wy this upssets me.

14. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

it looks so cool isnt it ? :)

15. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

Having a certain kind of house is not a huge advantage. It's just different.

16. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Its not the looking of the houese its that you cant take a plot/land of a type when you are not a founder.
    That is a huge advanteg since plots will one of the most valuebel things you can own.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to Shroud of The avatar LordThomas. Please don't be disheartened and too sad at this point.
    I'm sure you will find a way play out your pirate dream. Not everyone wants a water lot. Perhaps if you
    are tenacious (determined) you will find a way. You could be a pirate hunting for a ship. There will be
    5 episodes (4 of which are expansions to add content, land mass, and more features possibly to the game),
    if the boat stretch goal is funded then you will have your boat to travel in. So keep your dream, and please
    stay and help us make a wonderful game.:) Besides the houseboats at this moment don't move anyway,
    and a pirate needs to move about and do and role play piratey things;)

Forest_Dweller likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I completely understand your frustration. Yes unfortunately water lots will be quite rare in relation to land lots and were promised as Founder only rewards during the kickstarter. Those who funded us during that early time are the reason we have a game at all, so their rewards are generally greater.

This means that for Episode 1 your options are:
    1. Purchase a Founder level pledge in the player marketplace and merge it with your current pledge (easy but costs real $)
    2. Convince another player to sell you one of their Founder deeds (very hard but won't cost real $). Please note that any trade prior to launch will be reset when we do data wipes.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@LordThomas

At the time of launch, I may have a waterfront home that I would probably be willing to sell. It's a long way off but feel free to contact me nearer the time.

EDIT: If you want a water-front house deed during the Alpha releases, just let me know. More than happy to hand one over (everything will be reset anyway).

20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

FYI - I will be one player that will be willing to sell waterfront housing (and perhaps a lot if I get one in Episode I) at launch. Talk to me at launch if you're interested in making a fair trade.

Forest_Dweller and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.