Chat

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by High Baron Asguard, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Is there going to be some form of chat in order to chat with your friends no matter how far away they are from you. The reason I ask is because if say my father in law and I are both online at the same time but happen to be on other sides of the world then we might not even realize we are online together.

Also voice chat for people in your party because its so much more useful to be able to voice chat with people than having to type everything, especially in combat

2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

My choice would be to leave voice chat to 3rd party applications. Incorporating it into the game make it into a feature that almost obligates a player to use it, and I definitely do not want to use voice chat with my playmates.

3. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I was hoping people on your friends list would appear on the top map.
    Same with guild members.
    As for chat I would not mind a box for people you have added to your list.
    No global chat.

4. stile

stile Avatar

My personal preferences:
    TEXT based:
    Guild chat
    Current group chat
    Local/area chat
    Ability to create custom chat channels based on your own criteria and who you give the info to

Global chat - ugh! this is a hard one. Id prefer to not have it, but really I think its a must. There may be times you are looking for people to join in on something, they could be a long ways away.. and you need a way to find people to group up with. So kind of necessary unfortunately. A "Looking for group" sort of feature, where you can go in, start a group, put a note, etc.. may help - but in my experience these usually do not work as well as being able to go into a global chat and shout out your looking for people for this or that.

As far as voice chat:
    Wise person once told me - its necessary to have an in game chat, as well as 3rd party - both. You don't want to necessarily give out your guild TeamSpeak server information to everyone your grouping with. You need an in game chat system for situations in which your grouping and everyone involved needs to be able to hear tactical information. On the other hand, you need a chat that only has your direct guild mates or friends/family in it, that you do not want other people going into. So both are necessary.

bcxanth likes this.
  5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I would love to see things like built in irc and Google hangouts chat (which replaced Google talk). But steam integration also adds chat so guess we'll see where it all goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

6. bcxanth

bcxanth Avatar

I totally agree. But along with those channels should of course be the ability to turn them on or off. In most games I prefer to keep area and global chat types turned off unless I need them for some reason. But if I need them I do want them there. :)

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.