EVENT: New Britannia Call to Order

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Duke William of Serenite, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Chaos is not keeping anyone from the Light. Nor is it keeping us from the virtues
    Chaos is a matter of free will not surrounded in darkness but in clarity.
    Those that would find other wise, are simply desiring to keep you bound and blind!

In days of yore Lord Blackthorn understood the need for people to be free of oppression to be unique..
    Today people have learned what falling under such oppression can lead to, a collapse of our entire world.

As a person who will not be bound and will not be gagged.
    And yet strongly uphold the virtues, each as they relate to my life.

This act upon the virtues is a disgrace.
    And to try to blanket it under a guise of Lord British' Order a black eye on those I call friend that are true to this path!

2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

OOC Aquila said that to William. That is why I didn't quote Lord Blackthorn.

OOC William has no idea who Blackthorn is so I need to edit my post above, roleplay boo boo.

OOC Yes Wiliam has been misled into the draconian laws, however who knows what will happen next. Will father Aquila see the error in his ways and steer his flock to the TRUE VIRTUES upheld by Lord British??

OOC Who knows lets see what happens next.

Vox Aquila and Father Aquila like this.
  3. Blake2

Blake2 Avatar

Shame be upon the Call to Order! Your actions only solidify the imbalance of the world. Stand true to Order!
    Shame be upon Chaos! Your association with the Order only set to solidify the imbalance of the world. Stand true to Chaos!

Only from these two antithetical forces can the true Saviour Avatar be born!

Hebdomad Harbinger
    The Weeping Seven

*edit* from Virtue to Order

Father Aquila likes this.
  4. Blake2

Blake2 Avatar

I agree. Its the only way.

No Knee Shall Bow!

5. Amber Raine

~reads, rereads, tilts her head and tries to read it sideways. Still not understanding.~
    Mayhaps this is only me, but a call to stand with our friends in peace and not war. Would be far from creating imbalance.
    I shall stand true to myself! to the will of my heart, and the desire to serve by the virtues as I see fit.
    This... is true to chaos!

~sets the hounds loose in Ravicus house~
    They like bones ...

6. Blake2

Blake2 Avatar

Priestess,

You cannot see that Order and Chaos being one and friends is imbalance?

*edit* virtue to order

7. Blake2

Blake2 Avatar

If you cannot, our fears are worse than imagined.

8. Amber Raine

Hebdomad,

allow me to draw you a picture:

Order-balance-Chaos / Anti-Virtues - Virtues / Evil - Neutral - Good

They stand alone, Virtues are nor a part of Order or of Chaos, they are their own and may be a part of either life dependant upon how they view it.
    As a Priestess, I welcome the virtue of spirituality and compassion into my life...
    This does not make for an imbalance, this makes for a way of life that best befits my happiness and pleasures.

Brother Kazyn, follows the virtues in a path with Order. More direct and solid to how they are laid out.

We work together in peace and equality, able to share the same space without blood shed...
    At one point we may no longer see eye to eye. For now I see no reason to take my spoon to the side of his.

And See in no way an imbalance as much as a chance to build our lands without hindrance of wars and scorched earth where glory instead can be built.

I will have it known however.. Should there come a time when there is necessity for it.. I will not hesitate to have my friends in my next meal.

9. Duke William of Serenite

OOC I can tell you LB doesn't even buy that one. I heard it from the horses mouth myself. He did ask for peace. However only for a day which made me chuckle lol... In UO they fought until Blackthorn bit the big one... Sad day the crazy coot. Yet now we have a new High Priestess of Chaos and Lord Darkstarr.. I do hope they write Amber into the Lore or something cool like that. She does deserve it. William may have lit you on fire but your mad cool in my book ;).

Father Aquila and Blake2 like this.
  10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Gentlemen (and ladies) - friends all. I realize that this is RP; however things about it disturb me. As wrathphoenix has eloquently pointed out.

In RL, we have ample evidence in history of this mindset. Go back a few hundred years, we have the Crusades. (Convert people to Christianity or kill them). Not a good advertisement for anything. Although Western civilization has tried to move past this thought process, there are still groups who adhere to the "convert or kill" philosophy. They mainly infest areas of Syria and Iraq, and we spend much time and resources trying to control them.

This mentality is disturbing enough in the real world (adhere to MY philosophy or you are damned/condemned/executed); I would not like to see it take hold in New Britannia. It does fly in the face of all the Virtues.

Just my 2c.

Vox Aquila, Sophi, Caliya and 2 others like this.
  11. Blake2

Blake2 Avatar

I misspoke. I am sorry. Virtue does not equal Order.

But friendship between the two only creates an imbalance. I hope you understand that from Sunday's events.

Peace is good for the meantime I suppose but these two factions cannot be one in the same.

12. Amber Raine

Well said Big Brother.

13. Blake2

Blake2 Avatar

OOC: The RP disturbs you??? Which part? Im not understanding?

14. Amber Raine

Now, we have an understanding that i will agree with completely. They can not, nor shall they ever be, where I choose to be... one in the same.

Peace for now, friends for a time... should the time rise, my oven is already warmed and my sister grows hungry.

As it was once in days of yore. Lord British and Blackthorn. Friends and Foes... it all depended when and where the wind blew.

15. Duke William of Serenite

OOC Funny but I actually read Order and Chaos... I guess I am an empath!

Vox Aquila, Father Aquila and Blake2 like this.
  16. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Like I said, it' s RP, and I guess anything goes:rolleyes: The main thing that bothers me is the thought that "I (or my church etc) am the repository of wisdom; by definition I am right and if you disagree or feel differently you are wrong".

Had enough of that in life; don't need it.

17. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I don't want to get into Syria or Iraq, over an incredibly miniscule population of religious zealots who make a bad name for a religion. But I do agree, been there, done that with not wanting to be persecuted for believing, or not believing, in some faction.

I wasn't going to join in the discussion at all until I saw Asclepius commenting about the concern.

My concern comes from another topic. Burning women at stakes. I don't want to see this happen in the game, to men or women. That is beyond the pale. And all the rest of the accusations were disturbing to me. But especially burning a woman at the stake.

18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Chaos In The Light

Chaos is freedom in its purest form, freedom from the shackles of order.
    We are chaos on the path of light, virtuous of our own accord and not by force or fear of punishment.
    Order is but a tool of tyrants, a ruse ... thinly veiled slavery and oppression.
    What value do enforced virtues hold? what meaning? none i tell you, none at all.
    We love because that is who we are, our courage is not manufactured or demanded of us.
    Truth is the death of order, the downfall of oppressors, the bedfellow of chaos.
    Chaos is not darkness, it is light and virtue incarnate, devoid of malice and deceit.

19. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I was simply shocked on Sunday. The events harken back to a world from whence I came. It is makes me uneasy to know that Order is willing to burn people at the stake to achieve their goals. And what, truly, are those goals?

Vox Aquila, Sophi, Caliya and 3 others like this.
  20. Womby

Womby Avatar

We live in a formative time. A time of upheaval, when opportunists position themselves to grab for power under a banner of convenience.
    A wise person would do well to observe carefully, and judge people not by their words, but by their deeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.