Well, I'm done for now - too encumbered to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chevaile, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevaile

Chevaile Avatar

Went to the bank to put away crafting materials I had since the crafting stations aren't accessible.

See my bank space is now severely reduced. Can't put the mats in directly. "Insufficient space."

Double-clicked a bag I have in the bank for crafting mats to see if I could put the materials in there.

Instead of opening, the bag and all the contents moved to my toon's inventory. (Now carried and not in the bank.)

Nothing I can do in game now until it is sorted out.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Do you have gold?
    Do you have a house?
    Do you have any friends in game?
    Can you talk to someone?

Either could help with that.

With gold you can increase the bank size (haven't tried myself yet though)

If you have a house you can use the U key to zone to the lot and dump them in any container.

If you have friends they could go to you and help carry stuff away.

If you can talk to someone in game they could go to where you can use your mats then you zone them.

3. G Din

G Din Avatar

Who thought limiting bank space was a good idea? You are interfering with gameplay.

Sir_Hemlock and Kuno Brauer like this.
  4. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

and what happens when you do not have any of that?

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  5. Chevaile

Chevaile Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'll just wait. I'm pretty sure that big a reduction in bank space was unintentional. Something that major would have been worthy of emphasizing in the patch notes. I read the notes and didn't notice anything about it.

So, I'll just wait a bit to give them a chance to fix it.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

There are lots of helpful people. Switch to multiplayer, head over to the IRC ask if anyone could help out.

If all else fails remind yourself it is testing.

Then open your Inventory and look for stuff with weight that you don't need/want. Then start right-click > Destroy Item, until you can move again. Which is somewhere double your max enc.

7. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Everyone did, it's not reasonable to assume someone can store 10k benches in the bank. That's why these alpha and beta releases are here is to discover these kinds of issues and find the best way to incorporate game play while making it still fair and somewhat realistic.

Kaisa likes this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It's by design.

From the release:
    "Bank Upgrades: Bank size is now linked to pledges and can be increased with gold in the game."
    Check your account for the new limits. It's pretty low.
    Lots of upset people in the game.

Katrin Bekers [PeV] likes this.
  9. Chevaile

Chevaile Avatar

Well..... I looked back at the release 14 notes. Apparently this was intentional....

How do I increase bank space with gold? I can't find anything about it with web searches. (I'm not putting any more real money into a game that is this far from finished. )

... this really puts a crimp in my crafting if I don't increase storage space.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

When you look at the bank, there is an option in the lower right hand corner to increase. You don't have to put more money in the game. You will just know now about the limits now. Most games
    have bank limits, once you have a house that will help. Also many of us in game would love to help you. You can always friend majoria. :)

11. Chevaile

Chevaile Avatar

I can move! Thanks!

Between buying more slots and destroying all the little things I had picked up for one day decorating a house, consolidating stuff by running back and forth to the different banks, and destroying some other stuff that has no value and no current use that I'm aware of, I got it down to a manageable level.

Much appreciated.

I need to take a serious look at getting a house. I'm a packrat by nature. And the current unfinished state of the game - not all recipes in for example - encourages rather than discourages me to hold on to stuff for later.

12. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

They should have started all of us with the lowest amount given to someone buying the game at release, for testing purpose.

cobran and Chevaile like this.
  13. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

If you look at the pledge sheets now they give a bank count total and with the notes of being able to buy more slots with game gold i don't think it was a mistake for them to limit them. I haven't played many games that you had all the space you wanted at the start. Even in EQ you had to put bags in the bank slots as a way to expand storage space.

14. Entrappedmind

Entrappedmind Avatar

Not quite everyone.

Who were the supporters of this, and ultimately, are responsible for it?

Those it impacts the least.

The higher the pledge, typically (not pointing the finger at all of you, by any means), the louder they were in supporting bank limits that scale according to - ha ha ha - pledge level!

Trying to argue for the sake of game balance - irrespective of pledge level, play style/preference, or any other factors - is like banging your head into a brick wall. Except, the brick wall is spring-loaded, and hits back. Sigh.

I said back then, and I reiterate it now - you already have a player base that's conditioned to expect their bank will hold 125 items. That is where the base storage should be.

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Not really. In the topic with the announcement there were lots of really really high pledgers who were advocating for the same limit for all players. But that pledge items appeared in a seperate bank account.
    So if it had been up to the majority of the high pledgers that would have been the case.
    However there are some very vocal pledgers who are in a minority which you might have noticed which advocated the reverse. Those are the outlier, not the norm.

But the decision is Portalarium's and they decided to do it this way without consulting with the player base.

cobran, Xandra7, Kuno Brauer and 2 others like this.
  16. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Some of the harshest critics were us higher pledge people. Maybe you should actually read the discussion before blaming us?

cobran, Hauk, Xandra7 and 3 others like this.
  17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya, I think the people who need bank space the most are pledges without a house...Still hoping they will think about this :)

18. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Glad you got it figured out! Thank you all for your help here, I will close this thread now.

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.