Population Milestone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kitty2, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Looks like at some point in the past 24 hours, we gained over 150,000 New Brittanians!

To all the devs, especially Lord British, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your hard work, innovation, and dedication to your craft! We are all privileged to be a part of this, and I must say, I am humbly honored.

Cordelayne, Vyrin, gtesser and 8 others like this.
  2. Ciciro

Ciciro Avatar

Something tells me half of them are just Google bots. :p

3. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

Google Bobs.

4. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

Not to burst the optimism bubble (OK, I'm bursting it), but 150K? A pipe dream.

This is an indie player-backed game. It has a very specific play style and will not attract the 100k+ crowd. This will not be a mainstream game and will attract mostly those wishing for Ultima or UO nostalgia.

There are 50K backers currently. If you look at the latest data, there are 10K people in the lower tiers that can't play in early access. Of those people, some will pledge and never play and some will check it out at beta and decide its not for them. The same will be true for some of the other tiers, although it should go down (I would hope!) as the tier levels rise.

To be perfectly honest, I would be surprised if SotA has more than 10K people playing regularly at release.

5. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Have to agree with the chap above. But to add to the issue at hand...

What you are actually seeing is the term "New Britannians" and thinking it means "New" Britannians... if that makes sense?

ie: The land in the game is "New Britannia". So there are 150,000 of us total, over all time. And that means forum accounts, not game accounts.

Game accounts would be percentage of that 150,000 total. Hope this helps.

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  6. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

The terminology wasn't confusing me, and I realize it only refers to members in the forum, not actual players. I was just stoked to see that many people actually created a log-in, and showing interest in the game. The more people that show interest, the more that will end up playing, which means it will be a better game for us all.

Man, you all are bigger buzz-kills than Buzz Killington!! ;-)

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

You mean this guy? ;)

8. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Oh... because when you said, "Looks like at some point in the past 24 hours, we gained over 150,000 New Brittanians!" it totally sounded like you had mistaken what the "new" in New Brittanians meant.

But OK, sure, whatever you like :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.