1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Player Owned Towns Update: Scope, NPC Buildings, Icons, etc.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. I had thought the dev quote regarding row lots said no vendors before...but either I was wrong or this has changed. Because now the add-on store reads:
    • Provides a location for you to have a vendor to sell your wares.

Cool.

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, I believe it was Darkstarr that said they would have to be placed inside. I'll try to dig it up find it. It would be nice if they had a row house on stilts with the stairs from the outside going to the second floor, that way there would be a row house with the whole bottom area open so they could place vendors and deco. Something like this, well not exactly, but gives you an idea what I mean. :)

[​IMG]

3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Links between towns will only be for towns that are adjacent (beside, under, etc.). They cannot be for towns that are physically distant.

Duke Raas, Womby, Tahru and 5 others like this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Thank you very much! :)

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This still does not address one of my primary concerns and frustrations I encountered with previous titles that included player vendors. I find having to travel from lot to lot, checking individual vendors for wares to be highly frustrating. This frustration will be exacerbated as it is unlikely (And I hope it never occurs) that this title will provide players the ability to teleport from place to place all over the map at a whim, provided you'd been there before and marked a spot.

It was stated that there would be the ability to set up central markets, which would both greatly reduce the frustration of traveling around to find a vendor, and create a focal point in towns for interaction.

I would very much like to hear more on their plans to address this feature.

Ronan, Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I can understand that, I'm sure you're not alone.
    I actually like taking some time from hunting and going around to vendors like I did in UO. Browsing and getting good deals :)

Lord Baldrith, Tahru and majoria70 like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Did you walk around, or pop-pop-pop-pop-pop?

8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

to be clear - lets say someone places a town next to etceter, to the west. and someone places a town west of blackblade, can they have a portal?

it could be argued that they can because they are both in the bay of storms and only need a water-based portal.

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I think it would be ok, Just like the clickable boats in kingsport to go to an island.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I walked around the whole world many times just wandering around from vendor to vendor in Felucca and Trammel. I would just take a day here and there once a month to do so. I found it fun just wandering around finding deals lol :)

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Very cool. So many were dependent on their rune books. While I support people having vendors on their own lots, I very much hope that Portalarium provides the promised Central Market option for those that wish to make use of it, and will be disappointed should they not.

12. Karuson

Karuson Avatar

The personal vendor will draw more into there own towns but I would definitely say putting them in the main towns would be better and a convenient thing for shopping or at least in a market place

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There is no reason Player Owned Towns, which will all have Central Squares, could not or should not have Central Markets available so that the residents can, should they choose to do so, place their vendors there.

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

We are planning to use a city lot in the middle of Rift's End for this purpose. As is so artfully shown in Kvow's depiction, the NPC structures will surround this central market. Residents of the town, and even non-resident guiild members will be able to place their personal vendors in the Rift's End Open Air Bazaar

15. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Maybe we could all compromise with a different solution. Since a lot of people are totally against an auction house of sorts and just porting to someones vendor. What if this:

There would be a Market NPC in each City/POT/PRT that lists things on each persons vendors in the world..
    Say you look up Maple Boards. A list would come up with all the players who have those listed and tell you the cost and the location of their vendor (Say Maple Boards: 100, for 1000g Holtrot, Lot 4)
    We'd then have to go to those places to buy those boards.
    That way there's no auction house, but still a way to look up people's goods and you'd still have to go to the place you want for those boards at that price, but also you wouldn't have to go to every single house in the world just to find something you're looking for.

Daveron and Tahru like this.
  16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

It would be nice but would that lead to a global economy? If we had the knowledge of goods and prices around the world then it would ruin regional economies would it not?

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Are you sure they will be able to do that? Have you checked with the Developers that Player Vendors can be placed on property that isn't owned by them?

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q2-2015-schedule-update.23556/
    RELEASE 19, June 25, 2015:
    Player Owned Vendors: Players will now be able to place a Vendor on their property to sell goods.

Edit: I am not sure though about other peoples vendors.

19. Godra

Godra Avatar

So my main question is number of lots at time of launch. Will the total # of NPC lots be enough lots for the total # of deeds pledged or sold on the store at launch? I know there will be backers using available lots in POTs, but will the rest of us be forced to claim lots in POTs if there is not enough NPC town lots built into the game at launch? I will be at Baron 3 with a city lot deed and don't want to be forced to claim a lot in a POT. Nothing against POTs or owners of them, just want a lot in an NPC town.

Ice Queen likes this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Godra71 no if you have a pledged lot and deed you are guaranteed to be able to place it. So no worries.:)

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.