1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q2 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Was wondering if the Ranged skills include making archers playable? meaning, will you give more arrows for the money, and have them do more dmg then they do, making me use less arrows to take something down? And have they weigh close to ziltch... zero.... so I can carry all the diff arrows needed, and give us quivers to hold all those dang arrows... PLEASE :) I only enjoy the archer type, always played one in every game I have played, cept for this one, because umm it sucks to play one here..

asking cause I am unsure what your plans are for the Archer.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

This has no effect on those goals, they just are not in Q2 schedule

3. DarkStarr

Fishing currently targeted for R20

4. DarkStarr

We will give archers love in R19 as mentioned.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Will we eventually be able to have tamed pets hang out in our homes too? Multiple pets and servant guards? :)

Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Does this inlcude also the staff/wand user which are also ranged weapons but have no real skills in the ranged skill tree?

Moiseyev Trueden and Arianna like this.
  7. Fenyx4

Fenyx4 Legend of the Hearth

Books always getting pushed back.

I eagerly await them.

mxlgame and Net like this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Personally I'm totally fine with the game launching later as long as there are enough funds to complete the project. Thanks for letting us know you guys aren't going to go bankrupt on us.

Although I still hope people continue to fund the project through donations and stuff, because I don't want funds stretched thin either. If anybody is thinking about upgrading their pledge before launch do it earlier so the devs have more resources to use before the launch of the game.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm totally with you on this Isaiah. I beleive it is so very important to have the funding needed for everything we want. I do know that this is not a small list. Just on my own the list is really pretty big;)

10. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

Sounds good! Any idea when we might get some details about the fishing system?

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

There is no way I'm upgrading anything. I'm sorry, but I've given enough already. That dog won't hunt.

Dorham Isycle, Maxly, Logain and 3 others like this.
  12. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

What about wand-users. And staff-users.

Is there ever going to be a magic weapon tree with skills for enhancing the auto attacks and basic attacks of magic weapons? In the same way as you are able to enhance the basic attacks of physical weapons, yet still use magic and the special attacks from that weapon's tree.

Tahru, Isaiah, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'd stop short of saying beautiful.... But it is now in the realm of "acceptable in 2015".

Efforts need to be made to give more cohesiveness to the graphic style, if you are limited budget wise for graphics then stylize it, it makes it more unique.

SoTA has too much generic stuff going on now and some downright horrible looking armor.

You have mail and plate base armor that looks like it's a high school gymnasium outfit or something. It's downright ugly. It may be the worst armor designs I have ever seen in a fantasy game. Sorry - Just fix it !

14. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I had intentions of upgrading my account to the next lvl. only problem when u set it up on the payment plan it forces you to have it paid off in 2 months. please extend the cut off time on the payment scheduler

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  15. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

It was updated before this post went live. Try a forced reload (ctrl+f5) or clear your browser cache.

[​IMG]

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

@Darkstarr

Any rough idea when pre-alpha will be alpha? Sorry to pry on this, and I know the trouble with commitments. I am fine with an educated guess. It is not that it matters a lo. But pre-alpha shows less confidence than alpha. By now, we should be close to a higher confidence level. I am more confident with all the improvements.

17. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

I agree. SotA is the most expensive game I've ever played in my whole life. Not going to invest anymore.
    I'll just wait and hope it'll come to fruition that devs' been planned and shown to us.

P.S. : I'm an explorer - all digital
    (that's 135$, and in my point of view, that's a lot of money for a game)

Logain, tekkamansoul and Ice Queen like this.
  18. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Did you play UO? If you played for a year that would have added up to about $110 back in the day ($10 for the disk plus the monthly fees) If you count inflation then UO is definitely more expensive than your Explorer pledge.

Fact remains there are plenty who want to increase their pledges... Just upgrade them sooner than later. This isn't talking to you guys who are fine where you are.

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I payed $1500+ to play EvE Online, I've only payed $45 for shroud so far. Thats all it costs for the game currently, unless you just want more stuff to start with.

20. DarkStarr

We do not plan on releasing Alpha or Beta dates until we are within a quarter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.