Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repair kit cost

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Pleione, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Looks like repair kits went from 100 gold to 200 gold at the armor shop in Owls Head. They still repair 20 points of damage - meaning it now cost upwards of 1000 gold to repair armor and weapons that typically cost less than 300 gold for new versions. I don't understand the logic of that at least at low levels.

2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Well, on my sword, they only repair 10 points of damage, so it may depend on the quality of sword/armor you have, which I believe was stated in the release info. As for the price, I just checked Owls head and they are at 160g, so the price is still fluctuating just as in the last release. The base price is probably still at 100g.

Edit: I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but whenever players purchase items from the vender, it can drive the price up, at least this is true for the repair kits. I just purchased some repair kits now at 160g, and after checking again, it went up to 180g. If you want to buy cheap, just check often until the price drops to 100g and buy them in bulk.

3. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Fair enough... but the math still doesn't make sense even at 100gold. I was getting 20 points on my augmented armor and halbard under R15 and the armor vendor was selling at 100 gold. Even at that rate, it was 500 gold to repair at 120 gold item.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's completely broken. It needs to be cheaper. I don't think the devs realize how easy armor gets broken currently and how much of a hassle it is.

It is something that reduces gameplay fun. I know armor needs to degrade... but not at the current speed and costs.

5. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Yeah, started over to see how things went. At solice bridge and getting slaughtered - attacked by 3 skeletons... die... respawn at same spot... die... respawn at same spot... die... bridge sword and shield slowly decaying.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah. I actually think skeletons that get back up is a pretty cool idea and one that makes them more powerful, but maybe it should only happen around evil places like necropolis or the tower of the shuttered eye, and obviously not at the frequency it does in R16.

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

right now the repair amount using a repair kit works on the items worth value. A no value sabre can get 50 points repair but a item that is worth 2000g or more will get 5 points. Try swapping over to single player online and look for repair kits. I`m finding them at 100g cost. I believe that in last patch, it was introduced that the npc sold items would reflect the demand and needs. A higher demand on the multi player platform would drive the cost up. Cost on the single player platform remains the same. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

8. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

As I have stated Before, if you dont like the price of Repair kits, just buy new armor.

9. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Ok, looks like I have to be "that guy"...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?search/1214319/&q=repair&o=date

Do we have to have a half dozen posts about repair kits every day? This is getting ridiculous! Do a quick search first and you might find some real information:
    Unless you're just looking for the *****'n'moan board, which is that way ->

Miracle Dragon and Weins201 like this.
  10. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

They are alpha testing the system, Merchant prices go up as they get more sales, and go down when there are no sales (a reality in any economy)... I topically buy in bulk when the price is at 100 gold because I seen the system in action, I bought 20, then tried to buy another 10 and the price had jumped to 120 gold... At the very least the price should go up when they sell ALL 500 kits, and when it re-spawns, have a higher price...

You can use store bought armor/weapons if you want, but don't count on them staying in-game after launch... I crafted a Meteoric chain chest and it typically repairs 5 point damage for each kit, I can cast low end spells pretty reliably as the fizzle rate is much lower than plate... It's even better than the full set of Bronze chain I found, for free...

Alexander likes this.
  12. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

I propose two ideas. If it's possible to make our own repair kits with gathered mats, this may help. Or better yet as I've seen in other games I've played, have a vendor tab with "repair item" on it. That would totally eliminate a kit. Nothing worse than trying to fell a tree and be told I have to go back to town to repair my ax. I'd like to leave town with all my gear/weapons in working order.

13. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

it is possible to make your own repair kits
    buy thee recipe

14. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

I made 127 repair kits yesterday. It cost me a ton in resources. There is no way to recoup the value of all the resources I used. IMHO -It is better to just sell the resources and buy the repair kits as long as they stay below 300g - 400g per kit. It is still much cheaper than making them yourself.
    The real problem is how many repair kits you need to bring your armor and weapons back up to 100% after a few hours of use, 12 -18 kits is insane.!
    How is one supposed to get ahead when everyday it is like 1500 - 3000 gold just to have your armor in good working condition.
    I guess the other option is to buy new stuff rather than repair anything!
    If that is the best solution, then it is evident that the system is broken. Yea it is Alpha, but it has been like this for quite awhile from my xp.
    Would like to find some stuff I can craft and make a fair living at.
    All the resources of the vendors are crazy high as are the regents!. Just no way to get ahead. I must be missing something here.
    I know people are making it work but It is slow going trying to get enough gold to start a guild or buy a lot deed and a house when
    your playing solo most of the time. M2C...

Alexander and Net like this.
  15. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Remember this is PRE ALPHA! all things are subject to change!

Alexander likes this.
  16. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Good points. I can understand gear/weapons needing repair. But a RL craftsman usually honed his own tools. So that should be virtually free. I made the mistake today of buying a bunch of axes so they wouldn't fall apart after a few wacks. They did not stack and I ended up being encumbered with weight. D'oh!:p

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We will have the repair skill on blacksmiths, repair kits are only meant for emergency use as stated by the team. Also all numbers of durability, cost of an item, stats on armor or weapons are place holders that will get tweaked over time. I know the repair kits are an issue, but we are told that soon the repair skill will come in. Just an FYI lol:)

18. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

It may be useful to provide a temporary NPC with a reduced price kits, so we're able to adventure further into the content, to further testing.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  19. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Travel to Bramaer or Soltown, or Solania, their merchants are always at 100 gold and if not wait 10hrs for the prices do drop again... Don't bother to use a kit just to repair 3 points to get you to 100% there's really no need for that, manage things effectively and you should come out on top...

20. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Majoria... can you paste the quote and from where it was said by the team that repair kits was used for emergency. I never seen it and it be a good refresher for everyone. Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.