Idea for New Add-On Store Item

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Kitty2, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Okay, so far my biggest pet-peeve in the game (and other games with a similar feature) is having to constantly maintain repair on my weapons/armor. While it makes total sense from a perspective of game immersion, I've just grown tired of having to spend so much on repair costs, buying or making kits, worrying about breaking my mace in the middle of a battle....

So, my idea is this: add a certain add-on store item - say, a magic scroll, for an example - that allows players to cast a spell of protection on an item of their choice, rendering it indestructible, much like the Tools of Prosperity! It'd not only sell to folks like me who hate constant weapon and armor upkeep, but imaging crafting a weapon you love, the mightiest sword in the land, then having the ability to render it unbreakable!

What do y'all think?

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Only if it were very limited. Equipment repair and replacement is going to be a primary driver of the economy.

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

NOOOO, this is too similar to "Powder of Fortifying" from UO, which in my opinion was the final nail in the coffin for that game.

Lord Lonn, Logain, licemeat and 2 others like this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm sorry but as much as I dislike it when people call "pay to win" on vanity items and such that is nothing of the sort.. they might actually have a case for such an item that renders gear non-degradable. You get the highest level crafted gear that you can.. buy a bunch of these magic scrolls and never have to worry about up keep ever again? That could argueably be cash for power.

I would rather item degradation be well balanced first before thinking up ways to prevent degradation.

Lord Lonn, FrostII, Logain and 3 others like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NNNNNOOOOOO

6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Chris would lose his mind. He already doesn't like the prosperity tools. I think it is a great way to make a quick buck then completely ruin the in-game economy.

7. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

All us founders would immediately cast this scroll on our crystal swords, and start one-hit-killing everyone and everything in sight!

Besides, I'm still waiting to read in-game lore to explain our prosperity weapons. Maybe they were created by red-hat gnomes as a thank you gift, and have a lifetime warranty, so every night in our sleep they run around repairing every tool in secret.
    ;-D

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I doubt backer reward items and store bought items have any special significance in the lore. That would just be a bit too contrived for my tastes. Better to just leave them unexplained.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmmm but repair is suppose to come next release and do you have the armor and weapon preservation skills chosen? I have to repair pretty often and I agree I think the numbers are still off on how much damage is happening to our weapon and armor, but the numbers are not the true numbers anyway. It's difficult to change up something that isn't even completely as it will be. I can repair my stuff with a couple of repair kits each which still is a lot but much better than it was before I got the skills.:) Repair kits are for emergencies only, the blacksmiths will repair them much cheaper per Chris.:)

Alexander and Logain like this.
  10. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

That won't stop me from creating a 'red-hat hunter', who's obsession is to track down these mysterious fellows and catch them like Gargamel does Smufs! Maybe I'll even start a guild dedicated to the belief in the little buggers, cuz they gotta be real!
    ;-P

11. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I really like the OP idea but Rufus makes a lot of sense.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  12. causepain

causepain Avatar

No to proposition, i know even 1% of dropping that kind of item would be to much.

Maybe better would be if repair kits restore random value between 1-25

couple of repair kits .... 2 days when i wanted repair my 1h mace, one repair kit gave back 5 durability and mace got 120 ... and it is only 1 element of gear. ATM i prefer craft/buy all equipment it is cheaper than use repair kits. In r15 1 kit repaired 20 durability and it was pretty good and now 5-50 depend from quality of the item, if Your character uses dual wielding you need 48 repair kits just for weapons from 0 to max durability ...

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I would certainly agree that the upkeep costs (repair deeds) to armor/weapons is currently ridiculously high, but as Majoria said - the future for repair kits is emergency only and the future for armor/weapon repair will be in the hands of our own craftsmen. So don't fret too much about the state of armor repair as it stands right now, because it is seriously temporary.

Having said that, it would be really nice if they would drop the price of repair deeds significantly until our own repairs are possible..........;)

14. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

... so, if I'm reading these correctly, what I'm seeing is total and complete agreement from everyone? :p *slowly backs away from forum*

I wasn't aware of the upcoming ability of smiths to repair items for us, so that will ease concerns. Learn something new every day! Thanks for the feedback, guys!

15. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Well once I establish my blacksmith shop come see me for repairs!

majoria70 and Barnabas Root like this.
  16. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

I will be certain to do so, thank you, Thorin!

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.