PaxLair PoT in Early Release - events, news, housing, open to communities

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beli

Beli Avatar

If you got a row lot left Silverfoot, save one for Gwynn Mawr, I will help on testing of being kicked out of a town, but at least let me stay a few days.:)

2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Raven Swiftbow would gladly operate the ODE Ba-, er, Embassy on a Village Lot (I have a deed).....

And if you have need for more um, bodies, Atlara Skeuferyl would gladly take a row house. (Atlara doesn't have a row lot deed - but he could give you a Village deed in trade)

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Excellent Thanks!

4. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I've been out all day, and came home to see all this! WOW and WOW again!

I thank Sean Silverfoot, our Town Manager, for running the show here, in game, and on the IRC channel today. Superb job!

I thank everyone in the community jumping into this PoT Test. Your generosity to get involved, share lot and house deeds, bring your businesses and guilds into one scene, and help get the word out to many people is utterly fantastic.

Lot allocations and assignments are one step. I hope we have as much interest in a few more areas too... specifically:

- Publicity and Journalism - News Reporting, Twitch, Radio, YouTube, etc. I don't have resources to get lots of news out. We want to get news out, publicity, and have historical archives of what happened in R17. So, I ask all possible news/web services to consider jumping in; it may be good practice for your services too with a lot of crazy activity going on. As we approach R17, we want to somehow get this into more networks than just SotA backers; we already know what a great place Novia is. Let's see if we can reach out to Steam and many other groups too.

- Events Coordination - Everyone can start putting events on the Calendars now for R17 and don't worry too much about overlap; many events in a bustling town will tend to overlap. We will have ceremonies, fishing hangouts, set up some basements for tournaments, etc.

- Role-playing - While we are not role-playing the roll-out of PaxLair (that comes in Episode 1), we want to have plenty of RPing situations and events. So the RP groups out there, feel free to plan your quests, activities, interactions, etc. Just know that not everyone may be RPers in the town.

- Web Apps/Sites - Anyone wanting to use this whole situation of the PoT test in R17 to try out databases, apps, maps, wikis, (even to track who has what lots), are very welcome to go for it. Other PoT owners may be interested in your designs/services. We want to get the tourism guides involved too.

We will continue to use this thread to do all this planning and coordination. Once we have the scene housing squared away, I hope we can really jump into these other aspects too with as much cooperating, coordination, and enthusiasm!

I am still overwhelmed at just going though this thread alone tonight. Thanks everyone!

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I was wondering if a lot could be used as a display of every item that can be used for a decoration in R17.
    Might be a great first all decoration items museum and a good place to day dream about item combinations.
    An open lot for items that can be placed on the ground and a basement of some sort for more space and all the wall decorations?

Just a thought!

6. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

Sean, did you leave me a spot to place a house? I know I should have asked sooner but RL happens sometimes.

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Your covered

Themo Lock and Winfield like this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Got you covered with a village

Manerd, Themo Lock and Winfield like this.
  9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Interesting, let's talk it out

Themo Lock and Winfield like this.
  10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

We've updated the map with , after posting I have 3 more to add! You can see it on the front page and above.

Tomorrow I will post an updated note with information.
    Down the road will come a ledger so all individuals know where they are.

So it's been a long day. I'm going to do a final lot count and I will get back to you all tomorrow with more stuff.

Thanks to everyone who helped and worked with me today. We got a lot done and you'll never know how much I/we appreciate it.

Now to go let Amber out of my basement...I think she got locked in!

11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Might be a good mixed project with SotAwiki so they can catalogue house decoration items. Bunch singles of all charis, of all bottles, of all etc in hopefully interesting displays.
    Could get any and everyone involved. Might be able to make small community events around it. @ 7-7:15 bring any bottle to the PaxLair Decoration museum. Carry on with these mini events over the next 3 releases and develop an interesting and community built reference lot for all designers.

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There is an open lot in your area of Harvestwood. How about using that. I'll see if we can allocate a donated deed for the lot.

You run it though...I'm too busy drinking ale ;)

Se'an

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

Plus a stage, with everything that can be placed on a stage - surprisingly little currently, but very useful information for those writing or directing plays.

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

awsome hehe. thank you!

Winfield likes this.
  15. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Hi,

I am part of the Phoenix Republic (Port Phoenix Lighthouse keeper, Postmaster General and Head Librarian), and would like a village lot (I have both a village and town deed) in PaxLair too, if possible...
    Since all waterlots are gone, there won't be a lighthouse in my immediate future, I fear... ;)

The one on the 'west', next to MGT and MGT Guildhall would put me close to other Phoenicians, but if necessary, I'll accept any other lot you're willing to offer...

TIA!

Winfield, Mata and Themo Lock like this.
  16. Mata

Mata Avatar

@Bodhbh Dearg
    Mir wurde ein Water-Lot angeboten, das würde ich gerne mit dir tauschen, wenn du möchtest, und es nicht zuviel Umstände macht.

@Gaelis
    wärst du so lieb und übersetzt es bitte für mich? Danke! ;)
    Tante G. redet Qauderwelsch.

17. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Kein Problem, ich spreche Deutsch! :)

I very much appreciate the offer to trade lots. First let's see if they have a lot for me, and then we can talk about it.
    (Danke sehr für das Angebot zum tauschen. Lassen wir uns zunächst sehen, ob die einen Platz für mich haben, und dann können wir darüber reden...)

18. Mata

Mata Avatar

Aber sicher, mein Angebot steht. ;)

19. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

[​IMG]

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Now you know of all people I wouldn't forget You!
    Have you in a village water!
    Thanks for joining us!

See you soon old friend

Se'an

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.