Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

More graphical elements and animals etc. for single player part

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It has been said that every extra element like more graphical elements and creatures like bees for example will have a hit on the server performance so that the devs have to be careful in what and how much they can implement. But this basically means that because of the online/MMO mode of the game, SotA cannot look as good as it could.

So I think that at least the single player part of the game could be enhanced with more graphical elements a well as more creatures like the mentioned bees. This way the single player part could be more in line with other Single Player RPGs and not be "held back" because of the multiplayer part.

Jimirillo, Beli, Numa and 2 others like this.
  2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I think it could be dangerous to make the single player game "better" than the multiplayer. It could hurt the game more for people to go from SP to MP and feel like they just downgraded their experience and you end up with everyone playing single player.

3. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I don't think that could ever happen. People play each play style for very different reasons, and I see no reason not to make each experience as good as it can be.

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Many people here post screenshots showing their game experiences and from many if not most screenshots I get the impression that the graphics and details are toned down in order for the game to run better.
    This made me think that many MMO-gamers do not care that much about graphics as they prefer perfomance and speed and thus they tone done the graphics settings of the game.
    So if they tone them down no matter what, why should the single player part suffer from this?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Avatar

No way, JoseBot, SP MUST come first, the game's foundation must be strong and with respect Darkmoon has been consistently correct in his critiques of SoTA.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

They have to make it better, as of now it isn't even there...if the game feels like an empty MMO when playing single player why bother playing it?

7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I think you misc understand, and that's not what they said... What they did say is that they're adding more graphical elements in the future, and if those elements have any kind of AI that interacts with the environment/player, that they have to monitor performance closely as not to hinder it (performance)... They can add Bee's as long as they're a static element, such as a bee hive with bee's flying about it, but if these Bee's are to swarm after players, and said player can do battle with said Bee's, well that would require more AI and there for have performance issues to deal with... More network communications so that all players have undated data, so everyone can see the Bee's at the same time...

I don't quite understand, the reason we're here is to "test", and that's why you should play... Beta isn't even scheduled until the end of the year, and things will change many times over, between now and then... Have you ever thought that the game "feels empty" because it hasn't been released to the retail market yet?

Just saying....

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Hmm, by that thought we shouldn't comment or say anything because it isn't in beta, which would be kind of silly don't you think?

Commenting at least lets them know areas of concern, I note that when people post ideas that others agree with they tend to think that's ok.

I'm well aware what alpha/beta means, at this stage it is easy to say hey...this needs more. At beta it gets a bit harder.

I never said anything about why I should go on or whatever...?

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Not at all, and commenting on items that are already scheduled is just taking things out of context... I play the SPO version 98% of the time, and I see no difference in the two (aside from other players), the graphics (IMO) are already excellent... The performance has greatly improved (sure it can be better) in just the last two releases (this team is spot on for patching what really needs to be patched and fast)... Technically the single player version isn't even available now, only the online versions are available, and I agree with Dreamo84, to make the single player version more graphically pleasant would be a mistake, as I see no reason for doing that, and neither does this Dev team.

I read the OPers post, and it's kind of vague, and general, what game is he comparing us to? What graphic elements are needed? Weather is on it's way, swimming I hope would include underwater explorations... Maybe something more simple, in the sewers I found passages that were flooded, what if it was high tide, but at low tides the passage would be passable... Graphics is such a braud topic and everyone has their own oppinion of what is "Beautiful" and whats not, comparing us to other games isn't very constructive...

I like the direction SotA is taking, I've enjoyed every release...

Miracle Dragon and majoria70 like this.
  10. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I think singelplayer and multiplayer will be same visual expirience.
    There are good and (if you want call them so) bad news.
    The good news we are in Pre Alpha state and for that the game looks ok/good.
    I like the grafik style of the game. Will it improve? Sure, and that brings us to the bad news.

Will it ever look like a witcher 3 or a nother trippel a titel? No, but it dosnt have to.
    Assets and ambiants will add to the game. And i think we will have a realy great game in the end.

Sound is allsow importent and i know that the devs arnt happy at the moment but most of it are place holders.
    So wait and dont worry to much.

SmokerKGB and Miracle Dragon like this.
  11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

In GTAV, the world is richer when you play the single player story mode, and can become (much) emptier when you play in a crowded multiplayer lobby.

Resources used or reserved for other players in MP can be freed in single player, and I think it could and should be used to better "fill" the SP experience.

And I state this even if I think I'll be playing almost exclusively in MP.

rune_74 and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.