1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 19 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So, are we going to be able to register our Razer IDs this release, as I never saw anything to do it during last release.

2. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I took the Moon gate from OH after setting up my $$ deck, and went to Solice Bridge so save on my now privileged gate to spots...
    I had heard that harvesting there was good now that I only had 29 gp left I needed to start getting some gold.
    To Find out that I was killed by a mob of (small spiders) then going down the hill to do some harvesting for ore on the 2 veins and one that kepted repeated in the chat "that mine is out of reach" anyway on the way down that hill I fell died from a fall dmg of 674 point damage. From those 2 deaths my armor and weapon is now all 0/100 damaged all of if... and I have 29 gp left from redoing my deck that was yes how we were promised wiped. That some of the cost of raising 1 was 250-500-1000 gp.... for one raise depending on how much and which glymph you choose to increase like focus, or fire, death... and so on. Just Sayin

3. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Too many Zombies. Looks like Novia is overrun with this plague, just like Earth :(

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I am enjoying the new "Obliterate Planet" ability of the fire elemental.
    [​IMG]

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!

• Love that you guys are taking time on dragons. :) I hope there are all kinds of them. Ardoris could have an oriental style dragon, the Necropolis could have an undead dragon, Grunvald could have an Obsidian dragon, a norse dragon in Midmaer, so on and so forth :)

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Will free attack be usable with ranged combat?

7. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Likewise been looking forward to the Dragons for I guess the past 3 months now, in addition pets and taming. Also crafting and in particular seeing more items that can be crafted as well as musical instruments. I also play GW2 and there are items in that you can play and I find it amusing being able to play things like the game of thrones intro. Player own vendors was another thing, I was looking forward to seeing these worked out and seeing them on peoples property. I don't discredit what the devs have been doing, they are focusing on areas they feel need the attention the most, just a shame I guess some of the cool stuff has been put on the back burner.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You know I love you, right? :oops:

But you don't love me back. :eek:

Ah, the joys of Chaos! Another nail in my locked-deck coffin. Whatever, I'll keep being awesome no matter how many hurdles you throw my way! :cool:

Gaelis and Kara Brae like this.
  9. Albus

Albus Avatar

I agree with Mastese here, I've seen set bonuses elsewhere as well but I've always felt that they took away far more than they gave back. There is a cost in variety given up for a benefit in... What? Just limiting variety for sake of a gimmick armour "bonus." History is full of mixed armour types. One question, if say one wears no armour in a particular slot (say head), does the set bonus apply? Just thinking in terms of the special hats which will work for any armour set, wearing no "hat" at all should work as well? (or better yet drop set bonuses, but I'm not anticipating that if it's a mainly popular feature).

Overall I'm excited for the release though! Interested in trying out the dyes, combat changes, etc., plenty to dig into anew :)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  10. snow0815

snow0815 Avatar

What happened to the death adder cloak that was supposed to be available during r18 and isn't even mentioned in r19 notes?

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

On locked decks, I think I've explained the plan in video hangouts but not so much in the forums. Locked decks are much easier to balance than the dealt decks. We are focusing on balancing dealt decks now and will make a pass on locked decks once we're happy with the dealt decks.

On Juxtapose, my belief is that currently the only thing over powered about it is the summon elemental part. I plan on addressing that in R20 by either removing it or making it more expensive.

As for the set bonuses, remember that it only looks at categories. So any chainmail counts as chain, any leather counts as leather. If it feels too punishing then I can also switch it to give partial bonus for partial sets.

12. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are still working with Razer on details on how we will award this. Stay tuned.

Logain, Net, Katrina Bekers and 8 others like this.
  13. snow0815

snow0815 Avatar

Thanks for the update.

14. snow0815

snow0815 Avatar

Any chance for a hide helmet option?

NaomiLin, Xandra7 and Gaelis like this.
  15. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are considering it but it would need to be ignored in PVP so players couldn't hide their gear.

NaomiLin, Lord Baldrith, Net and 2 others like this.
  16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What is the point in hiding the helmet?

NaomiLin, E n v y and Net like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I rarely wear a helmet. I like to see my characters face and eyes. I will wear a helmet occasionally I should really state like while doing a control point or something really difficult but I would prefer to hide helmet and cloak to have my own style since I don't care about realism looking so much.

18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Meaning the helmet is only hidden for oneself or for everyone?

19. Net

Net Avatar

Please do not make PvP special. There is a reason to wear helmet. Perhaps allow us to switch helmet on & off faster than the whole set of armour, could be a one key, but if someone wears a helmet it should be visible.

If you want your face to be seen take your helmet off, it is really simple. I do not think you need helmet unless you face equally matched opponents anyway. And when you face them, well, why not to have your helmet on to emphasize the situation?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  20. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

some people hate having their heads covered, but feel they should not lose out on the armor slot use.

*shrug* - i just don't wear a helmet..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.