1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q3 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

Yeah this is nice and one of the reasons I have trust in dev team ;)

Jordizzle likes this.
  2. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I may have missed it, but has there been anything stated publicly about an updated target release date? With the number of features and amount of content yet to be added, I can't imagine that Q4 2015 is still a realistic possibility.

3. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

That in my opinion is a terrible idea. No one should ever have a disadvantage in resources simply based on their particular style of play. Those resources should be available to people who refuse/hate PvP as well, without being charged an arm and leg at the auctioneers. It is a terrible attempt to coerce others into something they don't want. I would rather have a PvE server to play on. My reasoning for this is quite personal mind you. I have many friends looking for a game with a music system and nice atmosphere for role-play. The vast majority of them will never PvP nor do they wish to. They won't come here if they feel they will be forced/coerced into PvP. Keep in mind, many of them are elders that wish to enjoy a game and not deal with stress which PvP seems to create for many of us older or more casual players.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No worries Periwinkle you will not have to be coerced to pvp in this game. You will get to pve, play music, and do the things you like to do in a game. You will not even have to see pvpers if you select friends only especially. Anyway so I would just not worry. **cheers**

5. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

Thank you Majoria70. I have faith a good solution will be found as this is one of the best communities and we do have an awesome dev team!

Nepenthor and majoria70 like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Hail Periwinkle.... There are many of us here who feel the same way regarding PvP, and especially your point about not being "coerced" into a playstyle that we do not enjoy.
    You speak well - stay and join the majority of us here in Shroud.... ;)

7. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

Would you consider as good solution to make a deal with other guild that inclines to pvp to protect you during the resources gathering? Or if members of your guild would be completly terrified of death would you consider make a deal with other guild to provide you with resources in exange for holding a music event in their guild house/city?

What I would like to understand is, if your guild would consider ok not beeing able to enter some areas because of the menace of the place, but would still view as positive game experience that they are able to get the resource other way around, without paying with kidneys in auction, and listen to good story about the quest to get it for them in the inn by the ale? :)

Jordizzle and Kara Brae like this.
  8. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

160 000+ backers, where do you take your confidence in majority of PVE players refusing PVP completly?

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

As far as I am aware all resources will be available for everyone, its just some of the rarer ones will spawn more frequently in the PvP areas.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it either........i'm currently predicting that the only 'PvPers' you will find are the ones who will say hi, hold your hand and show you where the resource nodes are.

EMPstrike and Mastese like this.
  10. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Correct, at this point it seems the towel was thrown in regarding the whole concept of risk vs reward or PvP with meaning in SotA. This schedule update coupled with the statements made at E3 regarding release in 6 months and zero updates regarding big meta ideas for PvP are proof of that.

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm sure that big meta ideas for PvP will be delivered...........I just don't believe it will be enough to attract the PvPers into the game. As I said in another thread......when the 'spiritual successor' of Ultima can't capture the historic let alone newer PvPers from UO then there are serious fundamental issues. From a combat scrum perspective, to say that there is a lack of representation from the 'dark side' is an understatement which is not healthy in the slightest in terms of direction. In saying that (based on the PvPers I know) trying to get a one to log into the game is challenging enough, trying to get one onto the forums without them getting banned is an impossibility.

Logain, Xail and Periwinkle Elodie like this.
  12. Archaon the Everchosen

Archaon the Everchosen Avatar

If Shroud ends up that way , there is better options for pvp coming , Albion Online is actually really so good so far. Perhaps this game is better off trying not to force everybody to play together and should focus on the pve player base. I will reserve final judgement tell we know and see what pvp is actually going to be like in this game.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

You've got the wrong number. There is slightly less than 55k that have actually backed the game. The 160k+ number is merely forum accounts.

Katrina Bekers and steanne like this.
  14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Nothing recently. I don't see how a finished product is possible for the holiday season, perhaps they will just go to open beta for the holiday season to cash in, then release fully next year.

15. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Agreed. I recently flagged PvP because, well, I grew a little tired of grinding PvE encounters and wanted to explore another dimension before we even hit Beta. What I found, overwhelmingly, was the majority of PvPers did not fit the anticipated "bully" personas. Most engagements are still predominantly consensual.

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I expect all of the 'dark' personas are probably on Albion Online right now having a blast.

Xail likes this.
  17. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

To clarify, the PvP zones they are speaking of will have more rare resources because of the added risk involved, but there will always be a PvE alternative to find and gather the same resources. No one will be forced in this game to PvP. And there will be no 'game-changing' advantage to either group. There will be optional quests that require a risk of PvP to complete, but again, they will be optional. The team is trying very hard to figure out ways to encourage all forms of gameplay, and trying to create an environment where exploitation is kept to a minimum, allowing others who might be willing to try different play styles the opportunity, and hopefully even find they enjoy it! We'll see where it goes and keep providing honest feedback.

18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

That speaks a lot about the ability to (mis)behave in a civil group of your PVPer friends, actually.

Probably they're just too used to forums where toxic and exploitative attitude are encouraged.

FrostII likes this.
  19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'm absolutely sure that a party made with Themo, Bambino, Gurney, Tari, Elijah and a couple of gatherers is totally scared of every player who would attack them in the shardfalls. No way they will defend their guildmates and retaliate. Scared to death, I tell you.

Bambino and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  20. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

How do you exactly draw that conclusion from a combat scrum perspective? I'm just interested because combat scrums should be all about PVP and correcting issues with balance and skills and things like that. When you mention people of the 'dark side' what comes to my mind is people who kill other players in the game unprovoked and stuff which you probably aren't going to see in the game right now anyway mostly because we don't have the ability to loot each other yet. Once a player is able to take items from another's corpse you will see the 'dark side' show it's face, I'm pretty sure of it. There already are people in the game who will kill anyone they see flagged for PVP on sight any way regardless of what they are doing. .even though we aren't able to loot each other yet. There is a certain guild that always kills me whenever I am at Owl's Head, usually looking at the skill trainer or when I'm crafting. . . I forget the name of that guild though, they are all about chaos and disorder though, at least that's what they have told me :p

The first part of this statement is true. Non PVP players will still have access to the resources, it's just the reward for taking the risk to go into the pvp zones will be more frequent spawns of those resources. You will still have ample access to those resources in the game through regular resource gathering in the non-pvp zones, purchasing from player vendors, and the ability to create your own quests so that people can turn in the resources to receive a reward from you.

The second part of Envy's statement is highly opinionated and I'm sure when the game is released will be proven to be false. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.