1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Rental: * Ardoris Castle Plot* and “Rent Free Castle Lot Deed” in the Capital City of Ardoris!

Discussion in 'House & Lot Listings (WTS/WTB)' started by Magnarune, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnarune

Magnarune Avatar

[​IMG]
    * Ardoris Castle Plot* and
    “Rent Free Castle Lot Deed” in the Capital City of Ardoris until next Wipe only $50 in add on store items/gift coins."

Enter Artoris, it’s the First Castle Plot on the Right!; ask a guard “houses” if needed.

Goods will be delivered immediately upon trade. Ready to move in!
    You will never pay rent on this castle plot!

FAQ: How much is the Castle Plot?

Buyout is: $50
    Store Credit Coupon [Or equivalent in Add-on items]

Price: Accepting offers from the “Add on Store” During next 2 weeks.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

FAQ: Why selling plot during Alpha:

Know a lot of players have Castles but cannot place them right now due to lack of Plots.
    Some just want the joy of Castle Ownership. This Trade benefits both parties!

FAQ: How will the Winner get the Castle plot?.
    Upon agreement of trade terms: [Transfer of Add-on store items]
    Will Un-Deed Castle Plot and transfer the “Rent-Free Castle Deed to the winning player.”
    Then, the player will use the deed to claim the Artoris Castle plot.

FAQ: Is the Castle Plot bound to account?

Ownership of the Castle Plot is available until the next server “wipe”;
    There will be at least one more server wipe when Shroud goes to BETA;

This is a chance to use and have the “Best Castle Lot available now!” for all your events and Status.

FAQ: Does the Castle Plot come with the “Lord of the Manor” Castle upon it?
    Castle plot comes empty of Real Estate, Any house will fit on the plot from a small house to a Lord of the Manor house if you have the deed.

FAQ: Is this Sale within the Terms of Service: [Short answer Yes!]

“…items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledges… Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.”

Castle plot and deed deemed to be a “Rental of Digital Property” for purposes of this sale.

Any questions or bidders be happy to answer.

Email: LordReeves@Hotmail.com

Friend me on Steam for any questions: “Ultima now and Forever” [Link below]
    http://steamcommunity.com/search/users/#filter=users&text=ultima+now+and+forever

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The next wipe is VERY predictable - it was posted in the community announcements by Darkstarr - it's in ~3 weeks for R20.

There is some risk to both parties - when you unclaim a deed anyone in any instance, even single-player, near your castle lot can claim that lot with their castle deed, though it is unlikely unless one party or the other was planning to be sneaky. I didn't know moderators provided a secure transfer process - where is this posted?

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  3. Magnarune

Magnarune Avatar

Thank for you updating me. The price has been reduced to reflect the new Timetables.
    There is no official way to transfer houses.
    The "Unclaim the deed, give the player the deed, let them place" is the best and safest way to do this.

Moderators won't oversee trades no.
    Could announce the trade in IRC chat or this Forum is written evidence of the trade to guarantee delivery. ^^

Thanks for Comments.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The following text can be seen very clearly at the top of this thread. But I've highlighted a few sections you seem to have missed.
    In other words, you're not allowed to sell Castle Lots (or anything else that won't survive ownership past a wipe) for real money or in-store credit.

Alexander likes this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The loophole would be they allow ingame renting of lots apparently so this is a bit more grey. I guess officially this should be granting someone permission to use a lot and not the exchange of a deed.

I personally dislike the idea of people running out to grab lots during testing before someone else can and then turning around to sell them or rent them for cash.

Personal feelings aside - I don't think this is against the TOS as laid out. I also highly doubt someone would pay 200$ to someone with no posts to use their lot for 3 weeks.

100$ per week post-launch would be reasonable to a group though.
    (Pauses as multiple people run to upgrade to a castle lot)

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't think there's anything grey about this....

That is EXACTLY what the OP is offering. There's no grey area as far as I'm concerned.

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I have renamed this thread to strike the term sale from the title to avoid confusion, as sales of property are strictly forbidden at this time. Only rentals may be posted.

mbomber, Alexander and Jack Knyfe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.