1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q3 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

If they are getting banned they probably deserve it. There are ways to miss-behave on the forum without drawing a ban from it. One must simply pay attention to the Terms and Rules in the bottom right hand corner of this website and miss-behave in ways that do not violate the rules that one agrees to while creating an account on the forums here. We don't need an ArcheAge type of forum environment here especially while the game is in development.

Gaelis likes this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Vast majority are PvMers/RPers.......not saying it's a bad thing just saying its completely tilted towards that outlook.

Well I did say I was 'predicting' so of course it is an opinion. I'm just working off the basis that I was one of the few who would actually go out with a few select guild members and mercilessly attack other players (regardless of numbers, levels or abilities).......I don't do it anymore mainly because combat isn't that enjoyable.......I admit things have improved significantly; however my gut feeling is that it could soon get worse (removal of tab targeting etc). We will have to see at launch but as things stand my enjoyment in SotA doesn't go much beyond doing the odd quest and placing a house.........and it's a real sad state of affairs when the 'spiritual successor' of Ultima can't attract the PvPers from Ultima Online.

So the state of PvP in SotA atm? I would say the same dozen players doing the same tournaments with a bit of gustball thrown into the mix.

And just for absolute clarity, I can't even express how much I want to be wrong about all this.

Death-Knell, Ice Queen, TEK and 2 others like this.
  3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Okay I got you.

I see what you are saying, I do want to point out though that Ultima and Ultima Online were different games. A lot of people that I played with on UO back in the day on Chesapeake had never even played the Ultima games. If this were the spiritual successor to Ultima Online, we probably wouldn't be discussing this, we'd probably be in game right now looting each other. .haha. . Hopefully once there is player looting though we will see some sort of influx of pvpers. I don't think there is much reason for someone to PVP yet (other than the people who simply enjoy the competition) but we will see I guess.

4. Topher

Topher Avatar

so excited for the upcoming additional features and enhancements to current ones. Great job, guys...keep up the good work!!

Miracle Dragon and Gaelis like this.
  5. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

160k reg. users.
    50k + peaple who bought the game.
    assuming that 15-20% has multiple accounts i would guess we have around 35-40k players.
    assuming that only 30% are aktiv players wich would be around 10-20k peaple +
    but if i would go with my personal assumptions, i would guess that on daly bases there are arround 1000 peaple online (personal fealing)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Ice Queen likes this.
  6. mrmegadeth

mrmegadeth Avatar

I would never play a game with no pvp it adds so much fun not knowing when or what is going to happen. but if you make choke points in the game that a large guild could take over and let who ever through and stop all others it will rune the game for a lot moor players then the few that are holding the point. when I pve I have to go out and look for my mobs if you or I want to go out and pvp we should have to look for that to

7. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Only pvp here is in the forums

:p

Tic

Xail likes this.
  8. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Interesting maths.

http://steamcharts.com/app/326160

That's the steam stats atm

Katrina Bekers and Xail like this.
  9. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Will take alook when iam home, but i would guess the numbers are different not every body puts his account on steam

10. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Oh of course I haven't linked either.

Was just putting out a definitive figure for logins through one way to login.

I'd love to see the full figures but it's something companies don't really put out there which is fair enough. Was just giving you some evidenced backed statistics as a starting point.

Logain and Miracle Dragon like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

12. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Just because somebody paid to back or "buy" the pre-alpha doesn't mean they are playing it.

Koldar and Ice Queen like this.
  13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

pertinent excerpt:

Miracle Dragon and Koldar like this.
  14. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

yeah but which set is false hmm?

15. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

16. -sCo-

-sCo- Avatar

I can't find the above-mentioned group on Steam. :( Pretty big compared to the official group(102 members). Link ?

Mata likes this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Where ? Can't recall having seen any such discussion, was it in the STEAM forums somewhere?

It would have been nice if @Chris could give us some actual metrics, but in lieu of that its all speculation.
    I would have prefered a vid/screen from @Myrcello myself since that shows so much clearer than text.

But I find that Myrcello has a pretty good track record, so while I wouldn't take it as gospel necessarily I'd definately want to check into it since it wouldn't be completely out of the blue.

Judging by the people one meets in the game I'd say that the trend it shows seems reasonable, I'd be suprised if we were not declining over time due to the nature of testing and wipes with alpha burn. However we can see that there seems to be issues with the numbers.
    If you click on your link and click All so that it shows the numbers since STEAM launch, then it shows the all time peak on the first day, then a hill not during xmas but rather end Jan to end Feb. Since we know the development cycle of release sees the first week with lots of people, and the final week with very few people that wobble should show on the chart, but it doesn't so the history <2015APR01 is a db table avgsum.
    But as always without knowing the % of Sota client vs steam client it is hard to know.

I don't know, it could be accurate, but some parts of it doesn't look right.

18. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

So basically we have come to the same conclusion.

Small piece of the puzzle ultimately useless Stat with out knowing the percentage of who access through steam.

/success

19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

As an example, my Steam account I only use to access the QA server. Almost all my other time is spent playing outside of Steam. Once in awhile I'll use it to get my second account online.
    I know a number of folks that do a similar thing.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  20. Mata

Mata Avatar

-sCo- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.