Emotes

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Jonathan3, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

I for one and probably not the only one. I think emotes should not be teachable. or at least some of them. Some people pledge ALOT of money to have content that no one else will have and emotes being teachable?? I paid $1200 and I get the OATH emote AWSOME but with it being teachable every one and the Lynx will now have it. $45 pledge will have it I personally think it is a little unfair. Many will not agree with me on this but it is true. Might as well give everyone Lord Of The Manor

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The people who paid for those pledges control whether they teach them to others or not.

How about this as a compromise?

You can teach something you got from your pledge, but the people who learn it can't teach it themselves? Anyone who wants the Lord of the Manor emote has to learn it first hand from a Lord of the Manor.

Daygoth Pomerantz BMC likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It was my understanding that this would be how things were supposed to work.

Lained likes this.
  4. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

that's what I was thinking if they do not have the pledge they cannot teach it indeed learn yes not teach

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

When it says on the pledge that emotes are teachable.. and you make that pledge anyway.. you give up all complaining rights.

steanne likes this.
  6. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

Ive been trying to look at all the forums for all my answers but there is a million. I sure hope it will be that way

7. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

not complaining about teachable. Making a statement that those whom learn should not teach (that is not in the pledge fine print). If it has been decided so be it . just saying

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you except the part about what's fair to pledgers. My point is that so long as pledgers get what is essentially sold to them.. it's perfectly fair.
    That said I'm all for the idea of not being able to teach an emote that came with a pledge if you don't have the pledge yourself.. that's how I've always thought it was going to be. As unimmersive as that is.. it's still one of the selling points of the pledge right?

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not a big supporter of teachable emotes because they are about our characters ability to express themselves and add some emotion or humor to what we are saying to other players. To limit that I can express myself less than others is questionable in the least. I accept that this is the way it has been set up and that some emotes some will not know until we teach them is the way it is, but it is not my favorite thing. I will happily teach any emotes that I have to anyone. So perhaps I look at this a bit negatively when it isn't, but it is not that big of a deal to me, it is just a thing.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.