Seeking Residents - The Gigalopolis of Beran's Reach

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Vallas (Beran’s Reach), Aug 6, 2015.

1. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

While many stories and tales are told of its origins, it is questionable that anyone truly knows the origins of Beran's Reach. As ancient as time itself, since the dark times it has served as a refuge from the great cataclysm and subsequent calamities that have befallen the people of New Britannia. Bardic tales tell of a great clash between an ancient foe and a hero of great renown, from whom The Reach takes its name. While stories vary greatly in the telling, nearly all agree that the Metropolis was founded upon the great riches taken from the great beast when it fell. The fate of Beran is a contentious topic within many taverns and inns across the domain.

Situated just north of Brianny off the coast of Regalis, Beran’s Reach has steadily grown over the millennia to form the cosmopolitan metropolis it is today. Calling scholars, merchants, soldiers and adventurers, fed on stories of adventure and glory in the wild North, Beran’s Reach serves as a nexus for those seeking adventure, as well as a new beginning for those seeking a fresh start in a realm where few people ask questions.

A cultural and economic hub, its shops and bazaars boasts a wealth of exotic goods from all over the known world. Its craftsmen are masters in their respective trades, renowned for producing some of the finest adventuring equipment to cope with the harsh, unyielding climate. The Bear Tavern is a local landmark and sits at the heart of the community and provides valuable information, a place to congregate, or take in finely crafted beer exclusive to the region.

A Traveller's Guide

---|---​

[​IMG]

The home of The Bear Tavern, the Metropolis of Beran's Reach is a major settlement on the road to the northern reaches. Situated to the south of of the region of Regalis and dominating the tradelanes from Britanny to Spindrift bay, Beran's Reach aims to provide a living, breathing world for both residents and those that visit. Designed as a free and open settlement, Beran's Reach is an ideal choice for anyone wishing to make their mark.

[​IMG]

A vast settlement, there is over 102,600 square feet of plot space that is free to claim to anyone who would like to live here! This includes:
    • 2 Castle plots
    • 1 Keep plot
    • 14 City lots
    • 17 Town lots
    • 54 Village lots
    • MANY Row lots.
    There are a number of factors that make Beran's Reach a fantastic place for any aspiring resident:

Location - [click here for map]
    • A stones throw from Brittany. Bean's Reach is placed in a spectacular position with clear views across the region. Despite the feel of being in the wilds, its location is a short 5 second unobstructed jog to Brittany, one of the map's most populated areas.

• Good neighbours. Beran's Reach's location puts in close to a number of major settlements, including Rift's End and Falling Waters Fortress, fellow members of the Bean's League. You'll be sure to encounter friendly travellers while out on the road.

• Close proximity to resources and hunting areas. Beran's Reach is situated close to a number of major sites, right next to the Serpentspine Mines and a minut'e walk from Ulfheim's prime hunting area.

The design of Beran's Reach

One of Beran's Reach's main draws is it's design, key details as follows:
    • A complete walled city. Beran's Reach is one of the few cities that employs high walls that encircle the entire inner city, giving it a striking look against the harsh winter backdrop. Enemies aren't getting in.

• We've been doing this for a while. Bean's Reach has been in design for years, as a result we've worked up a solid town design that maximises the space within the walled city to give everyone an opportunity to live there.

• Plots free and ready to claim. We've done the hard work, now you select where you want to live. Virtually all plots can be free to claim, so feel free to try them out and see what plots work for you. If it there, use it.

• Want something custom? Just ask. There's bags of space outside the walls of Beran's Reach proper. From row houses to castles, we're open to accommodate requests and provide everyone a chance to live here. Simply get in touch.
    Business and Services

Aside from its location and design, Beran's Reach has some further big draws for anyone looking for a home:
    • A big central market, perfect for businesses. Beran's Reach has a big central square with great visibility and access from the town entrance. A good choice seeking an affordable place to kickstart their business empire.

• Free accommodation. For those who can't quite pull together the money for their first home, we provide free accommodation at our local inn. For a room, please contact myself.

• Accessible devotionals. A good mix of devotionals, as well as an Oracle, right next to the town entrance.

• An active Discord community. We've got a diverse community across multiple timezones. In order to keep the conversation going, we have an active Discord community. Want to either get in touch or hang out? Come chat with us at: http://www.discord.gg/H9b5mC4
    Comments or questions? Simply get in touch and I'll assist you as quickly as possible.

All the best,

V

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

I wish you good luck! :)

This is so pretty, I like it very much! :)

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Wonderful to watch Beran's Reach continue to take shape. Talk about a regional economy!

4. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

Can't wait to finally see this come to fruition and open up a shop in the great city!

5. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

keldonlighthand[BEAR] Avatar

Its amazing how its gone from a tavern to this a Great City. What is more amazing is how the community have got together to make this happen. Thank you all.

6. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I wish you all well in the Beran League. The republic is here to help in any way we can.

7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Where is Balec hiding on that map? Or the Bears Tavern? :)

All the best to our friends in Berans Reach and may the shadows of its walls cast long over the lands of Novia.

Time Lord, Tahru, Leostemplar and 5 others like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

An ambitios vision well beyond what can be considered sane. I love it. :) Hopefully we'll be able to arrange a guild lodge in there somewhere. ;)

Time Lord, Beaumaris, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  9. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

We'll do sane next month.

Well, space isn't an issue. To be fair it's more a case of deciding which district will suit you. :)

10. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

A big, big thank you to The Republic for your support. It goes without saying that we'll do the same.

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Actually it's more of a case of how the heck I'll get a suitable lot deed I can place in said district. :)

Time Lord, Tahru and Roper Docholiday like this.
  12. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

We're looking into all sorts of ways to get people housed, including landlords renting out properties to social housing. We're sorting out a system of government which should be stepping up to cover as much as possible.

Failing that, just work with what you have and work up. Start small and build up. :)

13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That was always the plan. :)

14. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

As a quick update, here's a preview of the initial design for the rough end of town that is the District of Porth Mae. As it will be PVP-enabled, it'll no doubt be a regular haven for all manner of unpleasant types. The Militia will probably be a regular feature as well, attempting to keep order:-

[​IMG]

Mhtic, Time Lord, Tahru and 14 others like this.
  15. Belthomas

Belthomas Avatar

As a newcomer, I am in awe of the amount of thought and planning that has gone into this. I am looking forward to see this come together. Amazing!

Time Lord, Tahru, Leostemplar and 4 others like this.
  16. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Whoever did those is a great artist - I really like them.

Time Lord, Tahru, Leostemplar and 2 others like this.
  17. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

This all looks great ! Can't wait to visit and stroll around.

18. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I just emailed Vallas, As the concept is too amazing to resist. Please allocate , if possible, room for another Hamlet off a main part of the metro.

I might upgrade the Hamlet, realized The 10% bonus will need spent.

Thanks

Time Lord, Tahru, Leostemplar and 2 others like this.
  19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Bowen, PaxLair has a 4 story row house going in for embassy there. It has a 5 story basement that we can give you to use.

Keep it in mind.

Se'an

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's cool but what I'm really looking for is something like a guild lodge. It's a long term dream of mine to have a few scattered around the world. :)

Time Lord and Roper Docholiday like this.